THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans!  :)  Our Cleveland Browns begin the 2017 regular season campaign with the same opponent they played and lost in their season finale back on New Year's Day - their AFC North rivals, the Pittsburgh Steelers,  in today's 131 all-time meeting, including 2 postseason games.  Browns are coming from an undefeated 4-0 preseason in August, but were 1-15 in their 2016 regular season, their onlywin a home victory over the San Diego Chargers.

A  wise NFL Draft of selecting players and vetran free agents to form the 2016 Browns certainly should make Cleveland win more than one game in 2017.  Browns won only 1 of the 9 last meetings since December 2012,  the Browns only win a 31-10 home victory over the Steelers back on November 12, 2014.

Pittsburgh though leads the all-time regular season series over over Browns entering today with 72 wins, over 58 losses.

Kickoff from FirstEnergy Stadium is right after 1:05PM, Eastern Standard Time.

NO injuries, defeat the Steelers in front of your new and improved pound, and HERE WE GO BROWN-NIES, HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF!

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, calfoxwc said:

let's see...should I start Dak Prescott....or Kizer today. ....

Prescott...................Kizer. Kizer..............Prescott.......

dammit. (lol)

I had a harder choice, Big Ben or Ryan in Chi-town against the Bears. I went with Ryan because I don't trust Williams even without Danny and Myles.:D

41 minutes ago, cambridgeho said:

Bloody mary- check

Smoker fired up, turkey legs all brined up- check

Now lets fucking win an opener! Go Browns!

Perfect day here in Cleveland. Loading car. Heading Downtown soon. Orange Stuff, check. Wine Check. Going to stop at Heinen's on 9th for adult beverages.  Game report to follow. 

Hope I'm wrong, but here's my prediction:

Final Score:  Steelers 31, Browns 10.  I wish I was remotely confident for a "good game", but I'm not.  Do you guys remember how we do in season openers?  Do you recall our record against the Steelers?  With those powers combined, I see my score being pretty legit.  Wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers started running the clock out in the 3rd quarter.  Hope I'm wrong, and you guys know I try to keep it optimistic, but I don't see good things.

Common, this is opening day. It's a new season and all thing are possible at least for the next 3 to 3 1/2 hours.. SO ENJOY IT. Screw being realistic or trying to guess the score. Enjoy the possibility that this is the year we finally do something to get us die hard fans excited.

For me, I just hung my Browns banner on the front porch. It is tattered and hasn't hung for nearly 2 seasons.. Going to a local bar with some friends. Good beer maybe some chicken chunks..  And from now till then I am eternally optimistic and almost nervous.. Cannot wait !!

Plenty of time for being realistic in 5 or 6 hours... 

Right.....not predicting a big win myself....but here is the main difference from this time last year.....

I actually believe there is a chance we could win.......which is a step in the right direction...

Last years feeling of hopelessness has faded.....

Breakfast sandwiches.. Check.. Coffee.. Check..Oh.. And a little ganja.. check... I hope the Browns win an opener today..  My heart says "Cleveland".. But logic and common sense feels the Stools will prevail.. unfortunately.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

let's see...should I start Dak Prescott....or Kizer today. ....

Prescott...................Kizer. Kizer..............Prescott.......

dammit. (lol)

Ha! Your Welcome..I was looking for a back-up late to R.Wilson so why not Kizer as Mr. Irrelevant B)..Had to grab Alex Smith after Thursday..Really a Football Game today? Well, I was hiding in garage from Father-in laws AM visit but could not avoid disaster.:ph34r: I was found, advised of a Mother-in-Law Birthday Day,Chicken Cook-out that I tried to move to 4:30ish but failed..Checked NC local game & Wham-moe Browns got local coverage in NC..(it's gunna be a good day) so #1.Taking over TV remote at a service charge$ absolutely.. #2.Waiting on Overcooked Grilled Chicken(in-laws Pops can't Cook)#3.Wash downed with either Peach or Apple Cider Moonshine. Now that the man could bottle for a living$..Go Browns!! Shine on Gumby will hollar at ya after Halftime:ph34r:..(well maybe?)      

33 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It got zapped by the Great Eclipse of 2017.

Damn..... Well, I guess I'll actually see more of the game from now on instead of missing parts of plays as I hunt & peck away on my laptop.

Just now, D Bone said:

Damn..... Well, I guess I'll actually see more of the game from now on instead of missing parts of plays as I hunt & peck away on my laptop.

What was 'The Tavern'? I keep hearing about it, but I've only been on this board for a month or so

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Shit, I wish I would've missed all of the O's first series. 

Archived