THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue "irate" with Haden cut

acidhead

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Orion said:

Hey Vagibond, isn't there any other message board that you can go to?

I post on a steeler board. Ive been here a long time, im guessing a lot longer than you and whether you want to believe it or not have a good respectful relationship with more than a few people here. Dont like that i post here sometimes? Take it up with them. 

8 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

No that your starting corners had to fair far worse from a pff stand point. 

Not really. . .

CB BRIEAN BODDY-CALHOUN, 84.2 OVERALL GRADE

While teammate Jamar Taylor had his hands full with Brown (33.3 coverage grade), Boddy-Calhoun enjoyed a strong afternoon, much of it spent in the slot. On three throws into his coverage he surrendered just one catch for six yards, also breaking up a pass. He notched three total defensive stops and no missed tackles on the day.

This may sound dumb...but how does one 'ignore' a poster on a message board?  I've never done it before...on ANY board.  

Reason:  I have absolutely zero interest in what a steeler fan says or thinks.  Furthermore, I've no clue why a fan of another team would ever be bothered posting on another team's board.  And I've no interest in their reasoning for doing so.

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Not really. . .

While teammate Jamar Taylor had his hands full with Brown (33.3 coverage grade), Boddy-Calhoun enjoyed a strong afternoon, much of it spent in the slot. On three throws into his coverage he surrendered just one catch for six yards, also breaking up a pass. He notched three total defensive stops and no missed tackles on the day.

He also wasnt tested with bryant shaking off the rust. You should have led with taylor seeing as ben really only threw to jesse james and brown that game. 

1 hour ago, Orion said:

This may sound dumb...but how does one 'ignore' a poster on a message board?  I've never done it before...on ANY board.  

Reason:  I have absolutely zero interest in what a steeler fan says or thinks.  Furthermore, I've no clue why a fan of another team would ever be bothered posting on another team's board.  And I've no interest in their reasoning for doing so.

1. I went to college in ohio, some of my best friends are diehard  Brown fans

2.i like to read about divison rivals and frankly i dont post much here. 

3. Ive been here a long time and am friendly with more than a few that post here. My profiles says 2010 but ive been posting here since 07.

4.Check your fucking vagina, you little bitch. 

Im sorry you arent grown up enough to discuss football with someone from a rival base. Seriously check that vag. 

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Ignore button is a great feature O.

I haven't had to read a thing that dumb fuck has posted in years. 

I always figured he only came here because the steeler boards weren't very active. 

The only troll I leave off the ignore list is Ghoolie because it's funny to watch the responses to his auto negativity.

Vag never had anything worth reading.

The difference is the Ghoul actually IS a Browns fan.....though sometimes I have to 'remind' myself of that.  I have patience with him because he's my age, we have the same memories of our childhood Browns, he plays guitar & accordion, I play guitar (and USED TO play accordion), etc........

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Haden is supposed to bolster the Pitt secondary so they can beat NE.

Did you watch the KC game? KC was playing man 2 man. An experienced QB is going burn the Pitt defense to a crisp.

The steelers are running a mix. Haden allows them to do it more freely. If tuitt dodges a bullet with his bicep injury im not worried about tom brady as much as i used to be, if tuitt is done things get morr interesting. Burns can man up with the best of them, haden despite what people here think should be fine too, especially as the 2 and not the one. 

16 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

... did allow six catches for 80 yards and a 106.3 passer rating into his coverage.

Is that good? :ph34r:

12 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Wasnt Haden covering Williams on that bomb down the sideline?

That was different... that was "trail technique"... :)

9 hours ago, miktoxic said:

so i am not only a creative god but a prophetic one as welll..

Prophet? NO... Historian? Maybe...

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

The steelers are running a mix. Haden allows them to do it more freely. If tuitt dodges a bullet with his bicep injury im not worried about tom brady as much as i used to be, if tuitt is done things get morr interesting. Burns can man up with the best of them, haden despite what people here think should be fine too, especially as the 2 and not the one. 

Puleeze I was at the game, our wide receivers aren't exactly great and they were open against Haden every time I looked. IIRC the Steelers play Green Bay this year, Rodgers will not only toast Haden, he'll burn him to a crisp. That's if Joe hasn't pulled another leg muscle by that time.

18 hours ago, nickers said:

Our receivers cant catch so its a wash...

Kizer was just off target on like 3 throws that went awry.  Haden was covering on them...but it was not his defense that caused the passes to go incomplete...it was just inaccuracy.  Had they been completed.....the Steelers likely would have had to call the fire department to keep Haden from getting burned so badly.

17 hours ago, Vagitron said:

You all realize the steelers play zone that way right? They dont want the ball getting behind them. Why do you think williams had peppers back 20 yards all game? Guesd you better cut all the corners brown laid waste to then, what were their pff rankings? Lmao

Brown did burn the Browns corners, for sure.   But Haden certainly would have fared no better...much worse probably .  (Even when he was playing well he had trouble with AB.).  That said, even in  playing the zone Joe got burned...and it would have been much worse except, as I said above, a few inaccurate throws to receivers that came his way.

40 minutes ago, hx214 said:

How many of those yards came off those two deflected passes that went right to him though?

I would say quite a few.

I can't stand Antonio Brown, but he's one of the best WR's in the game. 

17 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I guess we will find out. He didnt do anything bad and hes not being paid 11 hes being paid 7. I think the steelers are going to get their moneys worth. 

If getting burned  a few times....and getting lucky that he wasn't burned more due to some inaccurate passes to you isn't "bad" then I guess we can say that the Browns DBs vs. AB didn't "do bad".

(but...of course, they did...and so did Haden).

16 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Not really. . .

I agree...I thought it was Taylor who had a pretty piss poor game.  On at least 3 occasion Brown (or some other Steeler WR), caught a ball in front of Taylor....then ran right by him for many more yards than they would have gotten had he made the tackle.

14 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He also wasnt tested with bryant shaking off the rust. You should have led with taylor seeing as ben really only threw to jesse james and brown that game. 

Uh...um, duh.   He threw to those two because they were the ones open.  Why? Because the other guys were probably covered.  Taylor did a bad job, yes, in my opinion.  (how many players have ever just out AB...from any team?) The two players that are the difference between the Browns and Steelers....BR and BRown...are the ones that made the difference in that game.  But you overrate your other receivers.  Bryant has been good at times in the past...but who knows about now  (be it "rust" or be it perhaps he ain't all that good).

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If getting burned  a few times....and getting lucky that he wasn't burned more due to some inaccurate passes to you isn't "bad" then I guess we can say that the Browns DBs vs. AB didn't "do bad".

(but...of course, they did...and so did Haden).

If Haden was playing a zone, it looked like a prevent zone. He was beaten on that bomb that went out of bounds. An accurate throw by Kizer + catch = TD. Joe's closing burst is gone.

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Burns?   That guy lives up to his name.  (In fact...I think the announcers on yesterday's game said that he was the most penalized DB in the NFL last year.   He holds and interferes because he can't cover). 

And face it:  The Browns are considered to have one of the worst receiving corps in the entire NFL.  and they did pretty well vs. the Squibs secondary. If not for a few inaccurate passes by a first game ever rookie QB...things would have been much worse.  And you know where they might get worse?

Here (hear) is what you said:  "I'm not worried about Tom Brady".    Here is the appropriate reply:

Just now, The Gipper said:

Burns?   That guy lives up to his name.  (In fact...I think the announcers on yesterday's game said that he was the most penalized DB in the NFL last year.   He holds and interferes because he can't cover). 

And face it:  The Browns are considered to have one of the worst receiving corps in the entire NFL.  and they did pretty well vs. the Squibs secondary. If not for a few inaccurate passes by a first game ever rookie QB...things would have been much worse.  And you know where they might get worse?

Here (hear) is what you said:  "I'm not worried about Tom Brady".    Here is the appropriate reply:

Artie burns is an animal. Im not sure who you are talking about but it isnt burns. He goes against brown every day but game day and he holds his own. 

Archived