THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North... Revised,Balance of the Division Edition

Tour2ma

28 minutes ago, acidhead said:

It looks like the Bungles are once again the Bungles. Not many QB's have the wits to throw the ball away on 4th down <with the game on the line>  to avoid the INT. Marvin Lewis' picture is in the dictionary under "Deer-in-the-headlights."

Fixed. :)  

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Those last gasp passes in their last real possession were nowhere near their targets. Just when the situation called for aggressive, "nothing to lose" play, the ginger went conservative.

Not long to AJ time...

They may as well play McCarron and find out what they really have.. Ginger ain't the answer..

Bengals Fire OC- Ken Zampese (I would have fired Andy the red-headed step-child) Zampese was the QB coach from 2003-15//2016-17 Zampese was OC..Huejax coached with Zampese with the Bungles in 2012-CB/ST coach//2013-RB coach, than Hue went OC in 14 & 15 with Bengals..So Hue you just may have a OC out there as of today?.Hue also have your student QB that needs to keep progressing forward..What Hue thinkin"? 

19 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Bengals Fire OC- Ken Zampese

Saw that they promoted their QB Coach to play calling, but had not heard that this other shoe dropped...

On 9/15/2017 at 9:56 AM, Tour2ma said:

HOU @ CIN (-6.5) Thu 09-14 7:25 PM

Prediction: HOU 27 CIN 13

FINAL: HOU 13 CIN 9 - W/W

Bit off in the finer points, but a win is a win...

image.png.d2d07aaa65f1f46d4432ac139a648c09.png

All rightie then... let's see if we can build on this start...

MIN @ PTG (-7.0)

Here are the basic questions: Is a line that simply negates the Heinz Field advantage enough? Does 7.0 even negate the advantage? Let's take the 2nd question first. Quite simply seven points have not been enough... if the Steelers are right. And right now, they are not quite right.

Let's look at how Zimmer has fared by the confluence. As Cinci's DC he was 2-5. But those two wins were both low scoring, Defensive struggles... just what Zim the HC loves. And he's got a damn good D. Hmmm... Need a useless, totally inapplicable stat in case you are on the fence? I don't, but since I looked it up here it is... All-time the Vikings are 5-4 in Pittsburgh and 9-7 overall.

Three, key MN players are listed as "Questionable": Bradford, Barr and Rhodes. That gives me pause, but Q's usually play... and that's the word on Bradford. Plus PTG has three Q's of their own on top of their lone "Out", back-up OT Hawkins.

I like the Vikes and the points, but straight up? I think the deciding factor here is that the Vikes have found a ground game while the Steelers are still looking for theirs... in part due to a rusty Bell.

Prediction: MIN 20 PTG 17

CLE @ BLT (-9.0)

Speaking of low scoring... How low can you go? Pretty damn low... at least that's how I see it. But my biggest question is, will both Defenses score?

I don't like BLT's run game. And Flacco can't put the team on his back... literally. But with their D he doesn't have to. I'm afraid his dink and dunk with a big-ish play here and there to tilt the field, or set up a FG, will sadly be enough. Their D looks that good to me.

Offensively I think we get frustrated... not sure that's the way it has to be, but based on what I saw Week 1 that's what I am expecting. Our run game isn't there yet, and an apparent reluctance to have Kizer keep the occasional read-option isn't helping. (At least keep one early in each half to make the D honor the possibility.) Passing? Without a run game the PAP remains a non-factor. Plus there's the static pocket... It'd benefit Kizer by cutting the filed in half and making any throwaway legal. And it would help Tretter, who needs an angle to deal with a strong NT.

Only thing left is "The Big Question". Yes... both Ds will score.

Prediction: BLT 13 CLE 8

Were we to see either a kept read-option or a rollout, we'd be more even competitive. If we saw both, then I might happily lose my straight-up prediction...

Thanks for taking the mantle, Tour. This is our 12th day of being displaced Evacuees, as neither The Great Zomboni or his lovely assistant have power yet. But we are back in Naples and took up someone's kind offer of their home on the Beach ... and no major damage to our houses ..  so we are thankful.

Had to charge the Crystal Ball all night after a week of being buried in the family trickster, and here is what it spat out:

Houston at Cincinnati,  Thursday Night Football:

Sputtering Bungle offense causes embarrassing loss tobrookir QB at home. TEXANS 13 BUNGLES 9

Minnesota at Pittsburgh 1 PM

Steelers were lucky to get young Browns in Week one, but now thr sputtering has begun. VIKINGS 27 STEELERS 21

Cleveland at Baltimore 1 PM

Ratbirds not lucky to get Browns in Week two. Nassib makes an accordion out of Flacco's spine and Kizer throws 2 TD passes in first win. BROWNS 24 RAVENS 10

TGZ

So, by end of today, the Browns will sit atop the AFC north for the first time in a long time....(albiet tied)......

Stools will lose to the Vikes.......Minn 24 - Pittspuke 17

and the Ratbirds will go down flailing......Browns 20 - Balt 13

Book it!

51 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

So, by end of today, the Browns will sit atop the AFC north for the first time in a long time....(albiet tied)......

Book it!

Maybe best train "Book it" Ever..9-29-13 Beat Bengals in C-town,went to lot to get Tribe radio for play-in win at Minnesota Twins..Went back, after stay at sisters in Toledo to TNF 10-3-13 for Comeback on Bills after Hoyer blows knee & last of good Gordon..We go up a half game on Division..Yea that's a great "Booked It" Week..Lets use past wizard Date cards BROWNS-13 RAT-TERDS oh 9 or 10...LETS Go Browns!!     

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Thanks for taking the mantle, Tour

No problem, my friend... and only in dire circumstances.

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

neither The Great Zomboni or his lovely assistant

Would that be Zoey or Zelda?

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

and no major damage to our houses ..

Well alrighty then... good to hear. Footage I've seen of Naples worried me. Did not look like a single palm tree was left standing...

I remember visiting after a hurricane in the 60's and seemed like every Royal palm had been topped. Looked like a bunch of cement posts had been randomly set all around town...

And congrats on that HOU-CIN prediction... NAILED IT! ;)

14 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Browns 18 ratbirds 13. I just refuse to pick the Browns to lose. not to the ratbirds. get a grip. :)

If who I picked mattered, we'd have a stadium full of Lombardi's... ;)

17 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

MIN @ PTG (-7.0)

Here are the basic questions: Is a line that simply negates the Heinz Field advantage enough? Does 7.0 even negate the advantage? Let's take the 2nd question first. Quite simply seven points have not been enough... if the Steelers are right. And right now, they are not quite right.

Let's look at how Zimmer has fared by the confluence. As Cinci's DC he was 2-5. But those two wins were both low scoring, Defensive struggles... just what Zim the HC loves. And he's got a damn good D. Hmmm... Need a useless, totally inapplicable stat in case you are on the fence? I don't, but since I looked it up here it is... All-time the Vikings are 5-4 in Pittsburgh and 9-7 overall.

Three, key MN players are listed as "Questionable": Bradford, Barr and Rhodes. That gives me pause, but Q's usually play... and that's the word on Bradford. Plus PTG has three Q's of their own on top of their lone "Out", back-up OT Hawkins.

I like the Vikes and the points, but straight up? I think the deciding factor here is that the Vikes have found a ground game while the Steelers are still looking for theirs... in part due to a rusty Bell.

Prediction: MIN 20 PTG 17

Well in a week of firsts, i.e., first time for me kicking off Z's weekly traditional thread, here's another... changing a pick at the last minute.

Word is now out that the Vike's have announced that Sam Bradford is OUT.

Tristan H. Cockcroft ESPN Senior Writer 

Sam Bradford is INACTIVE for Week 2, so Case Keenum will start for the Vikings. It was a tough matchup for the Vikings against the Steelers as is, so Stefon Diggs would drop about 3-5 spots for me to the WR3 tier and Adam Thielen about the same to borderline-WR3 status. Kyle Rudolph is the only member of the Vikings' passing game I'd really trust this week -- but, again, a lot of that is the matchup talking.

4 minutes ago

Sorry Case, but you ain't Sam...

MIN @ PTG (-7.0)

With reduced threat from the MN air attack the game just got tougher for Cook... and the Vike's D, which will see more time on the field and less time between Steeler possessions.

Revised prediction: PTG 24 MIN 13

On another note... hurts my IDP league pick up of Adam Thielen who I had starting as my flex. May have to make a change there as well...

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Well in a week of firsts, i.e., first time for me kicking off Z's weekly traditional thread, here's another... changing a pick at the last minute.

Word is now out that the Vike's have announced that Sam Bradford is OUT.

Sorry Case, but you ain't Sam...

MIN @ PTG (-7.0)

With reduced threat from the MN air attack the game just got tougher for Cook... and the Vike's D, which will see more time on the field and less time between Steeler possessions.

On another note... hurts my IDP league pick up of Adam Thielen who I had starting as my flex. May have to make a change there as well...

Good call!

Although Pitt still would have won with Bradford.

14 hours ago, Zombo said:

Thanks for taking the mantle, Tour. This is our 12th day of being displaced Evacuees, as neither The Great Zomboni or his lovely assistant have power yet. But we are back in Naples and took up someone's kind offer of their home on the Beach ... and no major damage to our houses ..  so we are thankful.

Had to charge the Crystal Ball all night after a week of being buried in the family trickster, and here is what it spat out:

Houston at Cincinnati,  Thursday Night Football:

Sputtering Bungle offense causes embarrassing loss tobrookir QB at home. TEXANS 13 BUNGLES 9

Minnesota at Pittsburgh 1 PM

Steelers were lucky to get young Browns in Week one, but now thr sputtering has begun. VIKINGS 27 STEELERS 21

Cleveland at Baltimore 1 PM

Ratbirds not lucky to get Browns in Week two. Nassib makes an accordion out of Flacco's spine and Kizer throws 2 TD passes in first win. BROWNS 24 RAVENS 10

TGZ

Glad you and your fam made it out unscathed and your home is okay. I cant imagine being displaced with so much uncertainty but thats why i dont live on a fault line, in tornado alley or in hurricane central. The trade offs arent worth it to me. Yet! At least. 

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Glad you and your fam made it out unscathed and your home is okay. I cant imagine being displaced with so much uncertainty but thats why i dont live on a fault line, in tornado alley or in hurricane central. The trade offs arent worth it to me. Yet! At least. 

Fla is all retired folks and riff raff , pretty much..

Previously on This Week in the AFC North....

HOU @ CIN (-6.5) Thu 09-14 7:25 PM

Prediction: HOU 27 CIN 13

FINAL: HOU 13 CIN 9 - W/W

... and now... The Weekend Edition...

MIN @ PTG (-7.0)

FINAL: PTG 26 MIN 9 - W/W

CLE @ BLT (-9.0)

Prediction: BLT 13 CLE 8

FINAL: BLT 24 CLE 10 - WW/LL

image.png.6d1de149f74e947adef3f7394683330c.png

We'll take it...

image.png

16 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Good call! Although Pitt still would have won with Bradford.

As the Shiek in Ben Hur said to the Romans in the Judea bathhouse, "Bravely spoken."

15 hours ago, Vagitron said:

... thats why i dont live on a fault line, in tornado alley or in hurricane central.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Debatable.   So far Pitt has played vs.  a rookie in his first game, and one of the worst backup QBs in the game.  That is called a stroke of luck.

Case keenum is NOT that bad. Their defense is also very stout. 

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Do you read what you write?

The vikings defense is good. Case keenum has been a starter before. He is a far cry from the worst back up, hes actually a pretty good one as far as backups are concerned. Are you ever not talking out of your ass? Everytime you pop off this is what i picture. 

6 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

The vikings defense is good. Case keenum has been a starter before. He is a far cry from the worst back up, hes actually a pretty good one as far as backups are concerned. Are you ever not talking out of your ass? Everytime you pop off this is what i picture. 

Your mama giving birth to you? 

Yes, I want to talk about mamas.

On 9/18/2017 at 12:41 AM, nickers said:

Fla is all retired folks and riff raff , pretty much..

Southwest Florida is wonderful. Much less riff raff in Naples/Marco Island/ Sanibel than anywhere I have ever been.

Zombo

Archived