THE BROWNS BOARD

He Said, He Said

Dutch Oven

During the game today, it was mentioned that Watson was texted during the Draft by Hue Jackson, telling him to "be ready" a few picks before the Browns were on the clock with the #12 overall pick. That pick was eventually traded to Houston by the Browns, and they took Watson with the #12 overall pick.

Hue goes on record after the game that he never texted Watson. Now, this might seem like a non-story, but the Browns probably don't want this to get out. If Hue thought they were taking him, only to have the front office decide against it, it won't play well to the fanbase that just watched Hogan stink the joint up, after five weeks of Kizer.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/hue_jackson_says_he_didnt_text.html#incart_big-photo

This is all why i give hue ALOT of leeway. He has a historically inept organization to work with. He can make mistakes on sunday and they dont really change much. The irganization as a whole has to get alot better befire we can point fingers at the coach and say THAT is why we're losing games. 

Right now, theres so much wrong everywhere its hard to know where to begin. I want the coaches going nowhere for years until this other Sheet is sorted

Well, apparently Watson said Hue did.

I've said all along that the Harvard Think Tank does what it wants.  Hue has a voice, but it's like a voice in the wilderness.

I said in another thread I was starting to believe Kizer was the FO's pick. Further I said they forced him as starter to assess whether or not picks would be needed next year for QB. If in fact Watsons story is real the FO is chopped if Watson balls out the rest of the year. I honestly never thought Watson would be any good but I'm a weekend warrior scout lol. 

1 minute ago, jcam222 said:

I said in another thread I was starting to believe Kizer was the FO's pick. Further I said they forced him as starter to assess whether or not picks would be needed next year for QB. If in fact Watsons story is real the FO is chopped if Watson balls out the rest of the year. I honestly never thought Watson would be any good but I'm a weekend warrior scout lol. 

I honestly think the F.O. tried to have either Kessler or Osweiler start, but they stunk it up so bad it sped Kizer's timeline up. For sure, Kizer was going to start for the Browns this year, they needed to see what they have in him before the '18 Draft.

Long term, I'm still not sold on Watson. The list of athletic QBs who light the league on fire at first, but then fade away when they are forced to make reads, play from the pocket, etc is a decent-sized one.

There was zero doubt this debacle was going to be a big story. We all knew it as soon as we heard it. As far as Hue denying it, it was the only thing he could do, and it shows that he is a team player. He could've easily thrown management under the bus, but he didn't. Deshaun Watson is NOT the kind of guy who lies from what I've heard of him. So what's it mean? Nothing. Just another sad chapter in futility. If it really comes out that Hue wanted Deshaun Watson, and I always thought he did, then all we can do is laugh and cry. For the record, Watson wouldn't be QUITE as good on our team because we don't have Fuller or Hopkins. But whatever...he'd be good enough to be our own personal Jesus Christ. 

19 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

There was zero doubt this debacle was going to be a big story. We all knew it as soon as we heard it. As far as Hue denying it, it was the only thing he could do, and it shows that he is a team player. He could've easily thrown management under the bus, but he didn't. Deshaun Watson is NOT the kind of guy who lies from what I've heard of him. So what's it mean? Nothing. Just another sad chapter in futility. If it really comes out that Hue wanted Deshaun Watson, and I always thought he did, then all we can do is laugh and cry. For the record, Watson wouldn't be QUITE as good on our team because we don't have Fuller or Hopkins. But whatever...he'd be good enough to be our own personal Jesus Christ. 

So would Josh McCown.

WSS

13 hours ago, wargograw said:

Yeah blame the FO for Kizer starting like 80% of this board wasn’t for it by the third preseason game. Fools. 

Yes they are fools.

Why didn't they listen to a group of beer-soaked fans that know virtually nothing about the NFL.

I agree they are fools but not because they didn't listen to a bunch of beer-chair fanatics.

6 minutes ago, ChicopeeJohn said:

Yes they are fools.

Why didn't they listen to a group of beer-soaked fans that know virtually nothing about the NFL.

I agree they are fools but not because they didn't listen to a bunch of beer-chair fanatics.

Of course so far the beer soaked bums seem to have the upper hand, when you examine the record, over the harvard-educated bean counters and baseball jagoffs. And the beer soaked bums probably would have cost Jimmy a hell of a lot less money.

🍺

WSS

6 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

As far as Hue denying it, it was the only thing he could do, and it shows that he is a team player. He could've easily thrown management under the bus, but he didn't. Deshaun Watson is NOT the kind of guy who lies from what I've heard of him. So what's it mean? Nothing. Just another sad chapter in futility. If it really comes out that Hue wanted Deshaun Watson, and I always thought he did, then all we can do is laugh and cry. For the record, Watson wouldn't be QUITE as good on our team because we don't have Fuller or Hopkins. But whatever...he'd be good enough to be our own personal Jesus Christ. 

Ah.... so Watson 's word over Hue's... lol... A spurned kid over a "team-player".

It is possible that Watson was the top QB on on Board... perhaps even that he was the top player on our Board as the #12 approached... and then the phone rang.

One thing is certain... if Hue did send the text... and I doubt he did... it was not a Hue vs. the FO situation. All may have been headed towards Watson at 12... and all walked away and to the trade proposal.

7 hours ago, ChicopeeJohn said:

Yes they are fools.

They did listen to them. 

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Of course so far the beer soaked bums seem to have the upper hand, when you examine the record, over the harvard-educated bean counters and baseball jagoffs. And the beer soaked bums probably would have cost Jimmy a hell of a lot less money.

🍺

WSS

You’re all missing the point. We started Kizer, which the fans wanted. Then we started Hogan, which the fans wanted. So based strictly on opinions about who should start, the fans are 0-6. Congrats to them. Geniuses. 

18 minutes ago, wargograw said:

They did listen to them. 

You’re all missing the point. We started Kizer, which the fans wanted. Then we started Hogan, which the fans wanted. So based strictly on opinions about who should start, the fans are 0-6. Congrats to them. Geniuses. 

Oh give me a phuckin' break. Yea, the phuckin' coaching staff sat around listening to the radio and logging on here to decide who they were going to start...... Maybe take a break from enlightening us with your vast amounts of knowledge, and instead go polish that Johnny FatHead poster above your bed. 

19 minutes ago, wargograw said:

They did listen to them. 

Man are you dense.  Are you from Youngstown?

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Ah.... so Watson 's word over Hue's... lol... A spurned kid over a "team-player".

It is possible that Watson was the top QB on on Board... perhaps even that he was the top player on our Board as the #12 approached... and then the phone rang.

One thing is certain... if Hue did send the text... and I doubt he did... it was not a Hue vs. the FO situation. All may have been headed towards Watson at 12... and all walked away and to the trade proposal.

Tour riddle me this , why is Hue's answer to whether or not it happened " I don't recall texting" vs. I did not do it

Same answer the politicians give when guilty as hell IMO. 

"I did not have text conversations with that quarterback, Deshaun Watson."

"We misunderestimated Watson, and Wentz."

"We hope Kizer can bring change."

"We're gonna pick Kizer, it's gonna be great, it's gonna be fantastic, we're gonna do so much winning you're going to get tired of winning. Only the fake Browns fans are against Kizer."

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

Tour riddle me this , why is Hue's answer to whether or not it happened " I don't recall texting" vs. I did not do it

Same answer the politicians give when guilty as hell IMO. 

That could be different...

But again... back to the trade. Did you think back on 2016 Draft Day One that Watson was worth two 1sts???

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

Oh give me a phuckin' break. Yea, the phuckin' coaching staff sat around listening to the radio and logging on here to decide who they were going to start...... Maybe take a break from enlightening us with your vast amounts of knowledge, and instead go polish that Johnny FatHead poster above your bed. 

I didn’t say they did. I said the fans have gotten their wishes, and now they want the coaching staff punished for having the same wishes. You can admit it. 

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

That could be different...

But again... back to the trade. Did you think back on 2016 Draft Day One that Watson was worth two 1sts???

I sure didn't expect him to be there at #12.  I didn't think mahomes would get picked before watson. 

8 hours ago, wargograw said:

They did listen to them. 

War- don't start painting everyone with the same brush. I not only didn't want Kizer to start- I didn't even want him on the team.  And I didn't want Watson either.

17 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I did not. 

15 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

I didn't think mahomes would get picked before watson. 

15 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

I still don’t.

Ditto... Ditto... and Ditto...

Also in agreement with us? Most of the Texans fan base... as the time. Now most claim they wondered why their FO took a chance on Watson not falling to them at 12...

Fanbases are the same all over...

Archived