THE BROWNS BOARD

James Harrison's Dog on Roids too

So he bought a pit bull to guard his roids, and the dog ends up attacking his innocent son ...

I hope the kid isn't hurt bad.

So in one week he has crapped on the White House, passed on an opportunity to help Veterans, and put his kid in harm's way. Maybe we were too hard on Ryan Leaf.

Zombo

Jesus Christ, wtf is the matter with people.

I've always wondered what the draw is for young(er) black males owning pitbulls. I can't understand why you would want an animal around that may, in fact, turn on you as well.

Wait. Has Mike Vick been hanging around the house?

I've always wondered what the draw is for young(er) black males owning pitbulls. I can't understand why you would want an animal around that may, in fact, turn on you as well.

They fight them.

Just ask Vick.

not all pits are bad, in fact the dog with the most attacks on people is the lab or retriever i believe

Guest AdaM

Pittbulls arent the problem, its these dumbass people who have no idea how to train a dog that is the problem.

not all pits are bad, in fact the dog with the most attacks on people is the lab or retriever i believe

Nope, #1 is the cocker spaniel.

I'll have to agree with people that say it's bad owners, not bad dogs.

Some dogs only take to maybe 1 or 2 people and become highly protective of those people.

People have to be wary about children around dogs, even the best trained dogs.

Dogs are a pack animal, there is an alpha and then an established pecking order.

So when most dogs fight, it's not to kill one another, it's to establish an order.

When dogs attack kids it's usually because the dog is trying to establish it's place in the pack because a new kid came along and the dog went a few rungs down the ladder.

If people better understood the nature of their animals before running out and buying them, we wouldn't have around 90% of the problems we do with displaced animals and animal attacks.

What a cute way to get some replies!

A god damn pitbull and all the other fancy names to camoflage it are BS. It is a bloodsport breed, breed to fight its sole purpose.

I can't stand to see children hurt, even when it invloves the child of someone who revokes patriotism for their country.

A 2year toddler and a pitbull is worse than Stallworth getting behind the wheel at .12

Pure negligence.

It's Chows by double. Ex was a vet tech. Pits defined jaws make them a target because of the severity. Own a pit, sweet dog. I think pit bull bans are not a law to stop the dog, it's a round about way to be discriminate against African Americans moving into particular areas.

What a cute way to get some replies!

A god damn pitbull and all the other fancy names to camoflage it are BS. It is a bloodsport breed, breed to fight its sole purpose.

I can't stand to see children hurt, even when it invloves the child of someone who revokes patriotism for their country.

A 2year toddler and a pitbull is worse than Stallworth getting behind the wheel at .12

Pure negligence.

who was trying to be cute not me!

can't stand to see kids hurt either, but not all pits are bad! and if you say all of them are bad well then you are quite uninformed, are there bad ones hell yes, but bad dogs are not limited to just pits!

I had a Chow and then my grandson was born.. When the Grandson became mobile, the Chow became teritorial and growled at Josh... The dog was immediately put out on the back deck.... However every time the dog was fed, I made sure that Josh was included in the feeding process.... They soon became fast friiends and the dog became Josh's protector...

Chows are the number one bred involved with human bites... Very territorial and protective... Fantastic dog if trained properly... Very loyal and playful....

peace

T.Dawg

My 120 lb black lab is an outstanding family dog. Because I trained him, and he's loved & not abused. When my kids were infants, anyone who wanted to hold them that wasn't me or my wife was treated to my dog sitting at attention at their feet with his giant-ass head within arm-dominating distance, just in case.

That being said, he is never alone with my kids - as in, I'm always within ass-kicking distance, just in case.

He's a big softy teddy bear and has a super calm demeanor & and I always thought that way about him, until I saw him pull a 8' black snake out of a tree by its tail and wreck the snake's face.

Clearly, a switched flipped in the dog. And as a parent, you always have to be aware of that switch within the animal. This is definitely Harrison's fault or the dumbass he bought the dog from.

Although the tree he pulled the snake out of has my kids' swing in it. Dogs are much smarter than we give them credit for.

who was trying to be cute not me!

can't stand to see kids hurt either, but not all pits are bad! and if you say all of them are bad well then you are quite uninformed, are there bad ones hell yes, but bad dogs are not limited to just pits!

I didn't mean to jump on you specifically. I have the most gentle dog there is but i still wouldn't let my two year old be alone with him. Pitt bulls can turn on a dime, its there nature. Bloodsport dogs can be a great pet but time and time again people take unneccesary risks with thewir own family by exposing them to dogs meant for bloodsport.

It's Chows by double. Ex was a vet tech. Pits defined jaws make them a target because of the severity. Own a pit, sweet dog. I think pit bull bans are not a law to stop the dog, it's a round about way to be discriminate against African Americans moving into particular areas.

Yeah. That's it. It has nothing to do with people owning dangerous dogs that they have to keep an eye on, fail to do, and the animal gets out and attacks someone.

Look, if it isn't the dog, and it is the owners, and the owners continue to be a problem, you get laws to try to prevent the behavior. It has nothing to do with discrimination and everything to do with protecting the public from 'bad owners' and 'bad dogs'.

But the truth remains that pitbulls are a fighting dog and VERY easy to train to do so. They take to it like a duck to water. Try training a chihuahua or a cocker spaniel to be a fighting dog - you might be able to do it, but it will take a HELL of a lot of effort. Not so with a pit. They don't do it because they are 'evil' or 'bad' - they do it because it's what they do best.

Pits are to fighting what German Shepards and Dobermans are to guarding. Sorry, that's the way it is.

Since too many people can't handle the responsibility of this type of animal, the animal becomes controlled. Just like people owning dangerous and exotic pets. There aren't many tiger attacks in this country, yet owning them is tightly controlled or outright illegal because of the damage they can cause if they get loose.

Pittbulls arent the problem, its these dumbass people who have no idea how to train a dog that is the problem.

Thank you. I was so pleasantly surprised to read this here and wish more people carried that view point. I got my first pit bull when I was 7 years old. I'll be 27 in September. Rocky my first lived to be 17 and was the best dog I've ever owned. My parents currently have two a 11 year old female Adrian and a 2 year old male Conan (Conan O'Brien, he's a red nose) One of the most well mannered and rewarding dogs anyone could ever own and it's so amazingly unfortunate they carry such a B.s Stereotype because of the thug culture that often attaches itself to the breed. Based on what I've read about the Harrison situation, he himself wasn't home and his ex-wife or ex-gf was over with his son and let the dog out of the kennel.

Now you take a idiot broad, she is an idiot. It's been documented a few times in the Pittsburgh media and a dog she isn't around often and add a two year old to the mix. A two year old around ANY DOG without on the point adult supervision is a recipe for disaster no matter the breed. The kid could have poked the dog in the eye, hit the dog with something messing around whatever and it certainly doesn't take much for a dog to break the skin of a two year old kid. It's unfortunate but you really can't blame the dog. I know my skin has been broken 100% by accident by a few of my dogs when playing in a spirited fashion etc. I went home this past week to scout the job market (I'm planning to move back to Pittsburgh even though I LOVE Columbus) and I had my 11mo old Doberman, my rescued Chocolate lab who showed up 25 pounds underweight this past thanks giving to my front door, my families two pit bulls and a 1.5 year old Boston Terrier WITHOUT issue. It's 100% the deed and not the breed. Great, GREAT dogs.

EDIT: A few people went on the record defending Harrison's dog saying he's a big softy as well. It doesn't take much for a little 2 year old to get hurt by a dog. If the dog really wanted to inflict some serious damage Harrison's kid would be pretty banged up. Little kids grab, pull, poke kick and generally SCARE THE SH.it out of dogs until they are fully used to the kid at least.

<snip>

Now you take a idiot broad, she is an idiot.

<snip>

Yeah, we wouldn't want to stereotype or anything, would we.

Let's see. If you have an animal that can't be let out by other family members...you have a dangerous animal. You can stop trying to defend him and his dog any further.

Let me help you out a little bit here. From the article:

Parise says the woman and the player’s massage therapist also were hurt trying to help the boy, and the therapist needed three stitches.

Gosh...that doesn't sound like a simple bite because he was hurt while the kid was playing with him. I've seen dogs bite when they were scared or injured by rough play. Usually, they don't even bite humans - just yelp.

In case you guys forgot what harrison looks like....

Here's a .gif of him doing what he does best.

harrisonisafag.gif

Don't have much to say about the dog...but take issue with this. Aaron Fransisco is a dirty player; couldn't stand him before the Super Bowl because I've seen him take some dirty shots and is always talking. He intentionally dove at James' knees from his blindside while James was looking for someone to block. Why would Harrison act that way out of nowhere? "He's on roids, thats why." Bullshit. Fransisco dove at his knees when James wasn't looking and Harrison got pissed, words were exchanged, and Harrison shoved the guy. Made my day when Fransisco was posterized by Santonio...twice (fell down in coverage after the catch on the 40 yard play in the final drive and was the man in coverage on the final catch). Douchebag.

Don't have much to say about the dog...but take issue with this. Aaron Fransisco is a dirty player; couldn't stand him before the Super Bowl because I've seen him take some dirty shots and is always talking. He intentionally dove at James' knees from his blindside while James was looking for someone to block. Why would Harrison act that way out of nowhere? "He's on roids, thats why." Bullshit. Fransisco dove at his knees when James wasn't looking and Harrison got pissed, words were exchanged, and Harrison shoved the guy. Made my day when Fransisco was posterized by Santonio...twice (fell down in coverage after the catch on the 40 yard play in the final drive and was the man in coverage on the final catch). Douchebag.

I am glad you didn't ask him to show him more clips of what he claims Harrison does all the time. He wouldn't be able to do it, and I would never want to force someone to do something I know they couldn't do.

Yeah, we wouldn't want to stereotype or anything, would we.

Let's see. If you have an animal that can't be let out by other family members...you have a dangerous animal. You can stop trying to defend him and his dog any further.

Let me help you out a little bit here. From the article:

Gosh...that doesn't sound like a simple bite because he was hurt while the kid was playing with him. I've seen dogs bite when they were scared or injured by rough play. Usually, they don't even bite humans - just yelp.

3 stitches? Do you realize how MINIMAL 3 stitches is? Have you ever had stitches? It doesn't take much for a large canine tooth to pierce, lacerate or damage the skin. The gf that was over was the one that wrongfully called the police on Harrison several times over the last 5 years. Her idiocy has been documented on more than one occasion in the local Pittsburgh papers. It wasn't a stereotype but rather statistical and documented fact that she has a screw loose. Now back to the stitches..I recently rubbed up on old wooden fence a few months ago and got caught by a fairly large splinter. I barely grazed the thing and came away with 4 stitches and the cut was less than a inch long. If the article involved a Cleveland Brown and a Pit Bull I'd be making the same argument FOR the player in question because I LOVE the breed and understand that ill behaved dogs are a direct result of negligent owners. Blame the deed, not the breed. PERIOD.

3 stitches? Do you realize how MINIMAL 3 stitches is? Have you ever had stitches? It doesn't take much for a large canine tooth to pierce, lacerate or damage the skin. The gf that was over was the one that wrongfully called the police on Harrison several times over the last 5 years. Her idiocy has been documented on more than one occasion in the local Pittsburgh papers. It wasn't a stereotype but rather statistical and documented fact that she has a screw loose. Now back to the stitches..I recently rubbed up on old wooden fence a few months ago and got caught by a fairly large splinter. I barely grazed the thing and came away with 4 stitches and the cut was less than a inch long. If the article involved a Cleveland Brown and a Pit Bull I'd be making the same argument FOR the player in question because I LOVE the breed and understand that ill behaved dogs are a direct result of negligent owners. Blame the deed, not the breed. PERIOD.

That is like saying my kids only drank a couple tablespoons of bleach and just puked all night. He didn't die, but boy did he puke a lot.

Blame the deed, that is the issue, Harrison should be punished. I agree with you don't blame the breed.

That is like saying my kids only drank a couple tablespoons of bleach and just puked all night. He didn't die, but boy did he puke a lot.

Blame the deed, that is the issue, Harrison should be punished. I agree with you don't blame the breed.

My point is, it doesn't take much to come away with some stitches and for all any of us know the 2 year old could have hurt/scared the dog in some fashion and the dog reacted in a certain manner. I know most dogs are pretty scared of little kids unless they were socialized with little kids at a young age. AND it just so happens part of being a responsible pet owner is socializing your pets with young children from a early age. Tough situation for sure and I'm a harrison fan but can't begin to tell you how he is as a dog owner from the sound of this obviously not a great one.

I recently rubbed up on old wooden fence a few months ago and got caught by a fairly large splinter.

The lengths dudes will go to, with the dearth of attractive women in PIT and all...

cocker spaniel? What? Ill kick one of those little shits across the drive if it trys to bight me. my neighbor has one and its scared shitless to come over. I have a rescue dog he is part great dane, boxer & shephard mix. everyone is scared of him, whats he going to do? lick them to death.

As far as harrison he shouldnt be allowed to own a dog, he is to stupid to know how to train one.

Archived