THE BROWNS BOARD

Ghoolie Goes To London

Ghoolie

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Uhhhm....you just quoted my post wherein I talk about the dog's name being Stella. Ghoolie and I had conversations about this, here and on Facebook. Didn't you read the post you quoted?

I didn’t try to quote your post. It was my first attempt at posting using an iPhone. Might be last.

Love Stella's ears.  Nice markings too.

Oscar, my Boston Terrier is getting close to 2 yrs old.  He's a big Boston......30 lbs.  My previous dog, Heidi, was in between a mini and standard Dachshund.  Heidi loved us to death.  Oscar loves us....but he'd rather wrestle than anything else. :)

...wasn't allowed to have pets as a kid.  My mother was deathly afraid of them....but I brought Heidi over my parent's house quite often so she could see what a good dog was like....she wound up putting water out for her when we came over. :)  I'll never forget the look on my mom's face the first time I said to Heidi, "You ready to go!"  and she ran to the door and started barking. :)  

I love dogs!

--------------------------------------

As a public service announcement:

We're going to be experiencing the ORIONIDS meteor shower of the next few late nights.  The Orionids are of Haley's Comet.  They're called the Orionids because they seem to emanate from the constellation Orion (which rises kinda' late at night right now).  -  You would need patience to see Orionid meteors.

Now, back to the Westminster Dog Show....or your local broadcast. 

11 minutes ago, Orion said:

Oscar, my Boston Terrier is getting close to 2 yrs old.  He's a big Boston......30 lbs.  My previous dog, Heidi, was in between a mini and standard Dachshund.  Heidi loved us to death.  Oscar loves us....but he'd rather wrestle than anything else. :)

...wasn't allowed to have pets as a kid.  My mother was deathly afraid of them....but I brought Heidi over my parent's house quite often so she could see what a good dog was like....she wound up putting water out for her when we came over. :)  I'll never forget the look on my mom's face the first time I said to Heidi, "You ready to go!"  and she ran to the door and started barking. :)  

I love dogs!

I love dogs, too. A great gift to man. We had to put down two pups over the past year, and as you know, it was horrible. Life moves forward, and Stella has done wonders for me.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

I love dogs, too. A great gift to man. We had to put down two pups over the past year, and as you know, it was horrible. Life moves forward, and Stella has done wonders for me.

I hear ya, I’ve had a dog in my home for for the majority of my life. I also had to put down my two dogs in the last 11 months. I decided I didn’t want anymore dogs. That lasted about...2 months. I went to the rescue shelter last month, and brought home a BIG bundle of energy. Here’s Isabelle (I call her Izzy).

F3224017-A976-4E13-BE3D-AA4177AC6DD6.jpeg

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I hear ya, I’ve had a dog in my home for for the majority of my life. I also had to put down my two dogs in the last 11 months. I decided I didn’t want anymore dogs. That lasted about...2 months. I went to the rescue shelter last month, and brought home a BIG bundle of energy. Here’s Isabelle (I call her Izzy).

F3224017-A976-4E13-BE3D-AA4177AC6DD6.jpeg

Beautiful puppy. We too, had to put down 2 puppies in 11 months. Your dog is a lucky dog.

6 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I believe often that my dog and cat (yep love my cat) are the only thing between me and insanity lol. 

I think it is safe to say that animals help us in many ways. No matter how bad your day, a pet will make things better. I just don't get people who don't love animals.

5 hours ago, Orion said:

I love dogs!

--------------------------------------

As a public service announcement:

We're going to be experiencing the ORIONIDS meteor shower of the next few late nights.  The Orionids are of Haley's Comet.  They're called the Orionids because they seem to emanate from the constellation Orion (which rises kinda' late at night right now).  -  You would need patience to see Orionid meteors.

Now, back to the Westminster Dog Show....or your local broadcast. 

Is this true about the meteors? I actually saw one last night as I was looking up at a low flying plane. (Live near the airport).

Regarding Westminster........years ago I had a Srigo Rottie that was magnificent. I learned very quickly that these huge dog shows are about payola. Talk about a nasty business. Now we rescue pittbuls. Woof Woof!

31 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Is this true about the meteors? I actually saw one last night as I was looking up at a low flying plane. (Live near the airport).

Yeah, the peak of the Orionids is nowish.  -  The one you saw last night is possibly an Orionid, from Haley's Comet (the path of)......or it's just a stray grain of dust/rock that pops into the atmosphere.  Happens every day.  -  I just came in from burning in my chimenea...and watching the sky (mostly watching the fire).    Didn't see any shooting stars.  It's not the greatest meteor shower.  And it's not anywhere near the actual comet head (Haley's).  

The Dachshund has never won Westminster.  But my Heidi never cared.  

Neither has the Boston Terrier....I don't think Oscar minds either. :)  (the dumb a$$ likes to eat $hit off the ground....bunny poop is a delicacy)

Just checked the mail, got mine. I’m leaving for the Bahamas for a week and you best believe it was the first shirt I packed. It’s a hell of a shirt, you really outdid yourself this year. Thanks a million, man.

As for you Ghoolie - you can be abrasive and a hell of a blowhard but I have no doubt you’re a good guy. Still thinking about you and your family. Sheet sucks, man. 

35 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Just checked the mail, got mine. I’m leaving for the Bahamas for a week and you best believe it was the first shirt I packed. It’s a hell of a shirt, you really outdid yourself this year. Thanks a million, man.

As for you Ghoolie - you can be abrasive and a hell of a blowhard but I have no doubt you’re a good guy. Still thinking about you and your family. Sheet sucks, man. 

Thanks man, travel safe.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Yeah, the peak of the Orionids is nowish.  -  The one you saw last night is possibly an Orionid, from Haley's Comet (the path of)......or it's just a stray grain of dust/rock that pops into the atmosphere.  Happens every day.  -  I just came in from burning in my chimenea...and watching the sky (mostly watching the fire).    Didn't see any shooting stars.  It's not the greatest meteor shower.  And it's not anywhere near the actual comet head (Haley's).  

The Dachshund has never won Westminster.  But my Heidi never cared.  

Neither has the Boston Terrier....I don't think Oscar minds either. :)  (the dumb a$$ likes to eat $hit off the ground....bunny poop is a delicacy)

Got my shirt too- really cool. Regarding meteors- usually you have to get way out in the country to see a bunch of them in a meteor "shower". I'm hoping for one of these days to witness a meteor "storm". Like they did back in the 1800's with the Leonids. They were coming down so fast- you couldn't count 'em. Witnesses said it looked like it was snowing. 

af5d356fda5e426b36e7597dd3891d25--mormon-history-november-.jpg

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'm hoping for one of these days to witness a meteor "storm". Like they did back in the 1800's with the Leonids. They were coming down so fast- you couldn't count 'em. Witnesses said it looked like it was snowing. 

The Leonids are one of the best.  I remember reading of that storm.  A bunch of things happened correctly.  It was a year when the head of the comet  was very near by.  And that area of New York (I believe it was upstate NY) rotated into the path at JUST the right time when the peak was at it's peak.  The townspeople were quite upset.  There were three doctors on a camping vacation in the woods.  One of them woke up to take a wizz and saw what was happening and woke the other two.  The next day they went into the town and explained what had happened to the shaken townspeople.  And everyone lived happily ever after.  

6 hours ago, One Post said:

IMG_20170921_195332320.jpg

This thread has gone to the dogs! Well London, BROWNS,  dogs, shirts, meteor showers......well maybe a slight improvement over the BROWNS afterall. :lol:

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

This thread has gone to the dogs! Well London, BROWNS,  dogs, shirts, meteor showers......well maybe a slight improvement over the BROWNS afterall. :lol:

Cats, you forgot cats.....   Norman is distraught....   

Image may contain: cat and indoor

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Cats, you forgot cats.....   Norman is distraught....   

Image may contain: cat and indoor

Well I like dogs but also like cats, we had a really nice Siamese years back but in the country you needed several cats.

Archived