THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue most likely gone now....

Tacosman

19 hours ago, Tacosman said:

a wide reciever who keeps breaking his hand, an unheard of tight end with a funny last  name, and a defensive player without a position is much preferable to this wentz dude.

Watch it man, they are going to accuse you of being me.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Not quite dickweed.  Youngstown is a ghetto.

As a Youngstown native, a guy who really loved Y town growing up, I concur unequivocally, Youngstown is truly one of the most dismal, dilapidated, hopeless places I have ever seen. Oddly, on the day my Mom passed away my childhood house was leveled to the ground. The owner became immoble and the house was full of rats. Great memories from the 60's, but the place is so sad now.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

A step up for anyone from Parma.

My Alma Mater. It is a very nice school and rates well at placing kids into med school, dental school, and other medical disciplines. Also called UCLA............University at the corner of Lincoln Avenue.

Don't dis the school man, Jesus.

Parma, Ohio. Home of the best Pizza in the USA and the World.

So... been to Stancato's?

Also worth noting... if you just say "in the world", it covers USA...

... or at least it used to...

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Hoping this is sarcasm otherwise agreeing with you is getting to be a habit. Please say something stupid soon so we can get back to normal. Thanks in advance...

I watched Wentz last nite... and I have to give him his props for what he does have going for him: Strength, calm, touch... actually reminded me of a young, Big Ben... but...

He locks onto one receiver from the snap on every play except when he is pressured in or out of the pocket. His TD pass to Coleman(?) on the play he brought from NDSU with him was the only time I saw him go to other than his first choice. Great throw under significant pressure, but only example of him coming off his first look that I can recall.

Against man coverage given time he simply waits for his receiver to beat his coverage... sometimes waiting all the way into a sack as we saw early. Now given the way his receiving cosps is rounding into form, this is not the worst plan in the world, but it's still not the stuff Elite QB play is made of... nor franchise...

Really want to see him go against a tough zone team... where CBs and S's can flow to the receiver to whom they see him first cast his eyes. Looks to be what KC did to him in their Week 2 win on at least one of the two WRs in half-man/half-zone looks. Looked to go man on the slot(s). The Chiefs also doubled Ertz... a lot.

Looking down the road PHI vs. DNV and SEA tests are looming.

The kid may yet be great, but I'm not anointing him yet...

No hes not going to be great.  He's not going to be that good.  But he might be a decent/quality qb for awhile.  Im not wentz' biggest fan, but he's played well so far this year.  And our qbs continue to suck.  

So semi-sarcasm... so I'll only be semi-worried... ;)

52 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

And Barberton is the bottom of the barrel, lmao.

Had a Great Aunt Betsy who used to race in the Powderpuff events at Barberton Speedway...

She was one hoot of a character...

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

So right move, but wrong time... mmmkay...

But let's look at this awful decision you and others are criticizing...

• 1st Quarter
  1. Tennessee Titans at 15:00
  2. 5-Z.Gonzalez kicks 65 yards from CLE 35 to end zone, Touchback. PENALTY on CLE-24-I.Campbell, Offside on Free Kick, 5 yards, enforced at TEN 25.
  3. 1-10-TEN 30 (15:00) (Shotgun) 8-M.Mariota pass short middle to 18-R.Matthews to TEN 48 for 18 yards (24-I.Campbell).
  4. 1-10-TEN 48 (14:26) 29-D.Murray left guard to CLE 43 for 9 yards (26-D.Kindred).
  5. 2-1-CLE 43 (13:46) 29-D.Murray right tackle to CLE 43 for no gain (55-D.Shelton; 51-J.Collins).
  6. 3-1-CLE 43 (13:00) 22-D.Henry left tackle to CLE 41 for 2 yards (58-C.Kirksey; 95-M.Garrett).
  7. 1-10-CLE 41 (12:24) 29-D.Murray right guard to CLE 33 for 8 yards (90-E.Ogbah).
  8. 2-2-CLE 33 (11:50) (Shotgun) 8-M.Mariota pass short middle to 82-D.Walker to CLE 32 for 1 yard (95-M.Garrett). Shuffle Pass
  9. 3-1-CLE 32 (11:11) (Shotgun) 8-M.Mariota pass incomplete deep left to 81-J.Smith. Penalty on TEN-77-T.Lewan, Face Mask (15 Yards), declined.
  10. 4-1-CLE 32 (11:03) 22-D.Henry right guard to CLE 32 for no gain (53-J.Schobert). PENALTY on CLE-55-D.Shelton, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at CLE 32 - No Play.
  11. 1-10-CLE 27 (10:50) 29-D.Murray left end to CLE 25 for 2 yards (58-C.Kirksey).
  12. 2-8-CLE 25 (10:09) (Shotgun) 22-D.Henry right end to CLE 30 for -5 yards (58-C.Kirksey).
  13. 3-13-CLE 30 (9:25) (Shotgun) 8-M.Mariota pass short middle to 13-T.Taylor to CLE 25 for 5 yards (53-J.Schobert).
  14. 4-8-CLE 25 (8:42) 4-R.Succop 43 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-48-B.Brinkley, Holder-6-B.Kern.
  15. TEN 3    CLE 0    Plays: 11    Possession: 6:22

So in summary:

• TN has moved 37 yards in 9 plays to open the game and end up with 4th and 1 in position for a 49-yd FG by the league's leading Kicker.
  • The TN HC eschews the FG attempt and instead runs his big back up the gut for no gain... our ball on downs... except...
  • Our defender who is over the ball jumped offsides giving TN a new set of downs.
  • With that new set of downs TN manages to gain a mere 5 yds and end up kicking a 43-yd FG... which would have been good from 49.

Or in Super-summary: Hue's horrendous, infantile, stupid decision carried absolutely no cost to his team.

What am I missing here?

As opposed to say.... stupid MMQBs?

Look I can't defend every decision, play call, challenge or time out Hue has made, but folks, including you, are being hypercritical here. And be it out of frustration or whatever... it's not right. It just isn't... 

1) For starters everyone on the field could see that there was going to be an offsides penalty and so I don't know that I'd put too much stock in the play after that

2) Even if that weren't the case.  It is still a HORRIBLE decision.  Hell, even if hue declined the penalty and the 4th and 1 was a fumble returned for a browns td, it was still a HORRIBLE decision.  Under any point expectation scenario, 3rd and 16 well out of fg range is a MUCH WORSE predicament than 4th and 1 at the 32....whether they go for it or not.

The fact  that he could analyze that situation and say "yeah, I don't want any part of a third and 16 out of fg range" is mind boggling and goes to his thought process.

1. Could see what? Where? When?
  2. Hue wasn't worried about spotting them an early 3-point lead thinking we had a stop. Maybe Marlarkey's tendencies played a role in his decision. Maybe he was going with the league norm which inarguably is to kick the 49-yd FG... especially when you have a Succup in the wings.

I'm just not inclined to crucify the guy for the decision.

38 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Parma, Ohio. Home of the best Pizza in the USA and the World.

So... been to Stancato's?

Also worth noting... if you just say "in the world", it covers USA...

... or at least it used to...

I'm going to get one soon.  I'll keep you updated on if it's still as good as you remember.  If I recall you said the sausage was the best?

33 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

If I recall you said the sausage was the best?

Yup... awesome stuff... with Mushrooms...

Sauce is a lil sweet... crust is a tad pie-like... but it all worked in my mouth..

23 hours ago, Orion said:

No, not 'a' mistake.  He makes friggin' tons of 'em.  His clock management, the play calls he makes when we get near the goal line... - I don't have 'em all committed to memory, but it's a ton.  I don't like him as my game day coach.  

I don't want to change coaches either.  We do that waay too much.  Ya can't get anything built that way.  It's constantly being torn down.  But I don't like the dumb decisions that he makes during games.  And it's not like he's magically NOT gonna make any more dumb decisions.  It's not like he's twelve years old and he's just learning the game of football.  

I didn't like Pettine's game day calls either.  The guy tried a 60 yard field goal with Devin Hester waiting at the goal line to return it.  TWICE.  The FIRST time the dumbass Atlanta coach called TO to ice our kicker so Pettine watched Hester catch the ball in the end zone.  So Pettine, being unable to learn, did it again and Hester ALMOST took it to the house (thanks to Joel Bitonio who hit Hester when he zigged around the 20).  -  Mind you, a FG is NOT like a punt.  There are no 'gunners'.  

I don't like stupid game day coaches.  

Stop saying you want the guy retained while you aid in the process of whipping the fan base into such a huge frenzy that he is in fact NOT retained. Can’t have it both ways. 

5 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Stop saying you want the guy retained while you aid in the process of whipping the fan base into such a huge frenzy that he is in fact NOT retained. Can’t have it both ways. 

I didn't say that I want to retain him.  I said that I don't want to be changing coaches all of the time.  But that doesn't mean we should stick with a lousy game manager just for the sake of not changing.  

25 minutes ago, Orion said:

I didn't say that I want to retain him.  I said that I don't want to be changing coaches all of the time.  But that doesn't mean we should stick with a lousy game manager just for the sake of not changing.  

So you do want him fired. Got it. 

Let me state it another way. Don’t say you don’t want to be changing coaches all the time as you fight to have yet another coach fired. 

2 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Let me state it another way. Don’t say you don’t want to be changing coaches all the time as you fight to have yet another coach fired. 

I'm done explaining myself to you.  You're incapable of understanding.

17 minutes ago, wargograw said:

No I understand. You don’t want to be changing coaches all the time, you just don’t actually have the patience for any coach that isn’t Superman. Again, can’t have it both ways. 

Why does Hue keeping changing QB's?  Continuity is best no?  But he's not patient with what he considers stupid mistakes.  He doesn't have a superman QB I guess.

I don't see the point of continuing with a coach that makes bad game day decisions...that is going to contribute to losses.    Just like you have to keep drafting and / or acquiring QB's until you find a good one, you have to change the HC until you find a good one.  Consistency for the sake of consistency is not a good plan. IMO

Now, if Jimmy doesn't fire Hue then it's because he doesn't think Hue's game day decisions are bad enough to warrant termination.  That's his call.  If he doesn't fire Hue because he fired so many previous coaches, then that's his call (and his own fault) too.

Some of you guys have a really bizarre fetish for not firing a coach, as if continuity guarantees anything.  You guys are crippled with euphemisms...........

amassing assets - building for the future - you don't keep changing coaches...........

If you think about your own experiences in life, no doubt you have lived to learn that generalizations are more often than not errant. Where is it written that the way to win is to keep your HC no matter how bad he is? What kind of logic is that? Right before your very eyes you have seen that Hue Jackson is incompetent. He is without argument the dumbest coach in the NFL, and he does not have the skill set to ever be a successful head coach.

But that doesn't matter because many of you think that if you squeeze a turd hard enough it will turn into a diamond.

If your justification for not firing Hue is a euphemism of "we can't fired coaches all the time", then you truly have no ability to think for yourself. Hue Jackson blows. For the love of God, there is not reason to keep this turd

5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Some of you guys have a really bizarre fetish for not firing a coach, as if continuity guarantees anything.  You guys are crippled with euphemisms...........

amassing assets - building for the future - you don't keep changing coaches...........

If you think about your own experiences in life, no doubt you have lived to learn that generalizations are more often than not errant. Where is it written that the way to win is to keep your HC no matter how bad he is? What kind of logic is that? Right before your very eyes you have seen that Hue Jackson is incompetent. He is without argument the dumbest coach in the NFL, and he does not have the skill set to ever be a successful head coach.

But that doesn't matter because many of you think that if you squeeze a turd hard enough it will turn into a diamond.

If your justification for not firing Hue is a euphemism of "we can't fired coaches all the time", then you truly have no ability to think for yourself. Hue Jackson blows. For the love of God, there is not reason to keep this turd

And war said you had relapsed? Not on this one. He absolutely sucks as a game day coach. No getting around it. So many bad redzone calls, so many wasted TOs and poor clock management, so many head scratchers like not taking the 15 yarder this week. So much QB waffling. He just sucks.

20 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

On Kessler...."trust me on this"  

Hue sucks. We still have no franchise QB to build a team around and yet other teams have found their QB.  

Should he be fired? Around here (N.E. Ohio) the answer is.... Who cares?

Have we ever gotten a straight answer as to who picks the quarterbacks besides consensus of a faceless Legion of underlings?

WSS

15 minutes ago, ChicopeeJohn said:

Maybe it's fear of accountability.  Maybe it's simply a bad organizational structure.  Maybe it's a bad organization.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Cleveland-Browns-front-office-coaching-staff-feuding-over-Kenny--109406477

Would we be any better or worse had someone not made the decision to sign Kenny Britt? Why would cutting veteran quarterbacks be any different?

WSS

19 minutes ago, ChicopeeJohn said:

Maybe it's fear of accountability.  Maybe it's simply a bad organizational structure.  Maybe it's a bad organization.

Maybe having someone with a football background in the FO would help. Maybe then we could go back to 5 or 6 wins a year instead of these 0 or 1 win seasons. But it all begins with the owner. Unfortunately for us, he's a total loser!

39 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

On paper Britt worked. Who would thought he would be so bad? He just came off a 1000 yard season.  Pryor wasnt retainable for the money he wanted and if you pay him, the other will ask for the farm come contract time.

Its the QB. The QB makes the WR. Occasionally you have a Randy Moss, Jordy Nelson, Jerry Rice who is a beast that when paired with a stud QB youre talking Super Bowl"S' and the HOF.

Yeah but great receivers catch things that bounce off the hands of bums.

WSS

Archived