THE BROWNS BOARD

If you’re freaked out by 1-22, you’re looking at the wrong thing

LondonBrown

Maybe the FO can petition to have the scoreboard turned off each week.... apparently it's misleading when the other team has a higher number on it at the end of 21 out of 22 games.

2 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

actually we aren't. if you go by some raw counting stat nonsense we are 17th or so which isnt too bad, but in terms of meaningful value in the appropriate context we are bottom of the barrel...

If you go by something that doesn’t fit your argument, you mean?

We have improved in almost every single meaningful per drive statistic on defense, according to Football Outsiders. Yards per drive, points per drive, turnovers per drive, etc. We are top five in FG per drive, punts per drive and 3 and out percentage. That’s legitimate improvement across the board.

And that’s with two of our best players injured to begin the season. 

Our defensive acquisitions have been fantastic moves but are completely and wholly overshadowed by our offensive mishaps.

We lead the league in offensive interception percentage and are among the worst in penalties. With a capable QB and a slightly more experienced team that doesn’t turn the ball over every three to five minutes, our defense would be even better.

1 hour ago, Tacosman said:

no I did..he spent the first 90 seconds of the clip talking to himself about carson wentz....but again, what are we building?

An entire new roster, it takes longer than 1.5 drafts, which was the gist of the podcast. 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Maybe the FO can petition to have the scoreboard turned off each week.... apparently it's misleading when the other team has a higher number on it at the end of 21 out of 22 games.

They aren’t bothered about the score or record at the moment. They weren’t last year either. 

That doesn’t seem to be sinking in most fans brains but you need to accept it or you’ll be banging your head against a wall every week they don’t win a game. 

Crystal Palace fans in London are saying they have never seen a worse team than them grace the capital of England in years .......they have not seen who is coming to London this weekend :)

Damn maths nerds, they know nothing about anybody, fire them all

Kyle Kelly

@KyleKellyCLE

#Browns CB Browns Boddy-Calhoun is the the least targeted CB in the NFL per coverage snap. That's really really good.

10:13 pm · 23 Oct 2017

Just now, darren15 said:

Crystal Palace fans in London are saying they have never seen a worse team than them grace the capital of England in years .......they have not seen who is coming to London this weekend :)

Palace just beat the league champions two weeks ago, I wouldn’t give the Browns much chance against the Patriots ;) 

19 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Damn maths nerds, they know nothing about anybody, fire them all

Kyle Kelly

@KyleKellyCLE

#Browns CB Browns Boddy-Calhoun is the the least targeted CB in the NFL per coverage snap. That's really really good.

10:13 pm · 23 Oct 2017

We have some nice, sneaky talent. 

Everyone loved how we groomed Buster Skrine and guys like that. We have a whole team of that now. 

This team down the road is really talented. 

7 hours ago, wargograw said:

We have some nice, sneaky talent. 

Everyone loved how we groomed Buster Skrine and guys like that. We have a whole team of that now. 

This team down the road is really talented not counting QB, WR, FS and LT (sans Joe)

FIFY

12 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

... you need to accept it or you’ll be banging your head against a wall every week they don’t win a game. 

You want this  crowd to give up their therapy?

12 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

An entire new roster, it takes longer than 1.5 drafts, which was the gist of the podcast. 

The biggest crock of Sheet out there.. Take this slag team and burn it...

I can't believe anybody can seriously look at our defense and say they aren't a good defense with

serious talent and a kickass run defense

Give a fast lb, a terrific cover cb, a very good fs, and this is a top defense in the nfl.

the pass defense does need some more speed....

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I didn't bother listening either.....so maybe you can paraphrase it for us.     Just a few highlights of major points.

I didn't listen either.  Id be less freaked out by 1-22 if it appeared that the team was better this season than last season.   Yes, the defense does look better at times, but as a whole team, this year is worse than last year.  By this point last season the Browns had 4th quarter leads in games and looked really competitive.  This year we are down by a million at halftime to Houston...down by 2 million at halftime to Cincy at home (who sucks)..down by a million to the Colts (who suck) at halftime.   This team has played 2 good games out of 7...the opening loss to the Steelers and last week against the Titans.  Every other game has been a huge suck fest.

As Captain Obvious would say, you can have a far better defense but if the offense is 3 and outing and/or turning it over all the time, you get just what you see this year in the Browns, a TEAM that is worst that actually stops people more often than before. Good news is we also discussed this over the summer and most concluded it would look like this until we find the QB to drop into it like other teams have done. It's very painful to watch, but it is what it is. Hue's poor decisions just make it more painful that it would have already been anyway.

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

I didn't listen either.  Id be less freaked out by 1-22 if it appeared that the team was better this season than last season.   Yes, the defense does look better at times, but as a whole team, this year is worse than last year.  By this point last season the Browns had 4th quarter leads in games and looked really competitive.  This year we are down by a million at halftime to Houston...down by 2 million at halftime to Cincy at home (who sucks)..down by a million to the Colts (who suck) at halftime.   This team has played 2 good games out of 7...the opening loss to the Steelers and last week against the Titans.  Every other game has been a huge suck fest.

I couldn't agree more.  The only reason the D looked ok was because Mariota could barely move.  If he had any type of mobility, we would've been crushed.  We will get crushed against Minnesota.  Now, I'm not saying we will not get it right with our picks next year.  I believe we will, but again, we must mast make the right picks.  WRs, CBs and QB.  

21 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

FIFY

Yeah, God forbid the entire roster isn't stacked yet. 

16 hours ago, nickers said:

The biggest crock of Sheet out there.. Take this slag team and burn it...

That's what we did....

15 hours ago, Mark O said:

They're better this year. Not even close. Yes, the offense was better last year because it had much better QB play with McCown and Kessler. 

On 10/24/2017 at 6:56 PM, LondonBrown said:

You didn’t bother listening then. Got it. 

The NFL has the media pimping the Browns organization to keep fans from abandoning the cash cow. That is the only thing this azzhole report is about. There is no up side to 1 -22. There is no rebuliding going on, there is no amassing assets, there is no foundation. There is 1 -22 and the designation as the dumbest fans in the NFL.

I said it during the 1st quarter of the 2106 pre-season and I will say it again....Hue Jackson is the worst HC in the history of the NFL,a nd he WILL be fired before his contract is up.

Go Vikings. I hope they injure a bunch of the Browns. This franchise needs to be sold, or moved and renamed. There is nothing salvageable here.

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

The NFL has the media pimping the Browns organization to keep fans from abandoning the cash cow. That is the only thing this azzhole report is about. There is no up side to 1 -22. There is no rebuliding going on, there is no amassing assets, there is no foundation. There is 1 -22 and the designation as the dumbest fans in the NFL.

I said it during the 1st quarter of the 2106 pre-season and I will say it again....Hue Jackson is the worst HC in the history of the NFL,a nd he WILL be fired before his contract is up.

Go Vikings. I hope they injure a bunch of the Browns. This franchise needs to be sold, or moved and renamed. There is nothing salvageable here.

Yep. No relapse here. 

Archived