THE BROWNS BOARD

Rumors. Harbaugh, others to Browns??

The Gipper

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Translated I really like what I'm doing right now so you are on notice that's going to cost a boatload of money. ;) 

Still I think a guy in his position is going to respond negatively when Sashi Brown hands him a ton of chickenshit with which to make chicken salad.

WSS

Exactly... I'm pretty comfortable in the booth...i never lose...I only work like 3 days a week and making a pile of money to run my mouth.   I'm going to want a huge pile of money and total and absolute control of all roster decisions.  Gruden or any other coach who has had any success in this league is not coming here and working for the Harvard nerds. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You mean Pettine?   Interesting question.  Are the Browns still paying him?   Better question:  has he had a job in the NFL since being let go?  Or is he just living off of Jimmy's dime?

Yup, we're still paying him. What a life.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

No, nobody cursed.  

Errr...wait a minute....I thought that was a curse worse.

Gruden you.

Up your Gruden.

I Grudened my pants.

Suck my Gruden.

You Son of a Gruden.

That's a bunch of Gruden

You mothergruden  grudenhole you.

Kiss my Gruden.

Gruden you and the horse you came in on.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Precisely.   And prestige.   Again....there are only 32 of those jobs.

31.  And if ya can't get one of those then ya wait 'til next year....rather than go to football's Siberia.  

21 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Competitive guys with huge egos want to show they are IT. Imagine if you are THE coach who turns it around for the Browns. You are a legend who can write your own ticket. Add in a text n of young talent and draft picks, why wouldn't you is a better question. 

We've been saying this since 1999 and we've got....

11 Chris Palmer* 19992000 32 5 27 0 .156   [24]
12 Butch Davis* 20012004 58 24 34 0 .414 1 0 1 .000   [25]
13 Terry Robiskie 2004 6 1 5 0 .167   [26]
14 Romeo Crennel 20052008 64 24 40 0 .375   [27]
15 Eric Mangini 20092010 32 10 22 0 .313   [28]
16 Pat Shurmur 20112012 32 9 23 0 .281   [29]
17 Rob Chudzinski* 2013 16 4 12 0 .250   [30]
18 Mike Pettine* 20142015 32 10 22 0 .313   [31]
19 Hue Jackson 2016present 24 1 23 0 .042

10 hours ago, boo fagley said:

A team loaded with untapped talent, a rabid NFL city and fanbase, the draft board set up for success if you know what youre doing.

Yeah, why.

I'll hit you with the awesome names recruited to the NFL city with a rabid fanbase

11 Chris Palmer* 19992000 32 5 27 0 .156   [24]
12 Butch Davis* 20012004 58 24 34 0 .414 1 0 1 .000   [25]
13 Terry Robiskie 2004 6 1 5 0 .167   [26]
14 Romeo Crennel 20052008 64 24 40 0 .375   [27]
15 Eric Mangini 20092010 32 10 22 0 .313   [28]
16 Pat Shurmur 20112012 32 9 23 0 .281   [29]
17 Rob Chudzinski* 2013 16 4 12 0 .250   [30]
18 Mike Pettine* 20142015 32 10 22 0 .313   [31]
19 Hue Jackson 2016present 24 1 23 0 .042

48 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Still doesnt change the fact that the city is a football town.

If Belichick looked at the cast of misfits who coached the Patriots before him, he would have turned around at the state line and gone home. The Browns are due for something good.

You mean Pete Carroll and Bill Parcells?

You might want to delete this nonsense

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

Why is that?  You think that because it's the Browns that they could never get the highly sought after candidate? 

umm...in a word...YES

Have you not seen what's been going on around here since Jimmuh took over?  The man fired the coach and FO when he got here.  Then he fired the new coach & FO the very next year.  Two more years and fired another coach & GM.  And now he's got the Harvard Think Tank making all of the decisions...and they've made the team incapable of winning a single game while supplying OTHER teams with their franchise QB's.  And we JUST recently had the coach's daughter and the owner's wife blasting the FO.  -  WTF - Who in their right mind would wanna come here?

How 'bout this?  If a coach came out and said, "I want to coach the Cleveland Browns"....I wouldn't hire him, because he'd have to be phucked in the head!

On 11/13/2017 at 3:55 PM, The Gipper said:

Or Gruden?   You never know:

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/ESPN-analyst-Jon-Gruden-on-returning-to-coaching-You-never-know-110265673

This says he may be a candidate for the newly opened Univ. of Tennessee job.

But he is a Sandusky native?   Come home?

Fauhk Gruden. He is more boring than a toilet brush.

21 minutes ago, Orion said:

umm...in a word...YES

Have you not seen what's been going on around here since Jimmuh took over?  The man fired the coach and FO when he got here.  Then he fired the new coach & FO the very next year.  Two more years and fired another coach & GM.  And now he's got the Harvard Think Tank making all of the decisions...and they've made the team incapable of winning a single game while supplying OTHER teams with their franchise QB's.  And we JUST recently had the coach's daughter and the owner's wife blasting the FO.  -  WTF - Who in their right mind would wanna come here?

How 'bout this?  If a coach came out and said, "I want to coach the Cleveland Browns"....I wouldn't hire him, because he'd have to be phucked in the head!

You do realize however that the guy coaching the Browns was considered the hot and highly sought after candidate right?    He was the guy that was interviewing in other places and he choose the Browns.   The same Browns were recognized as getting the best of the new coaching hires (i've already posted the links in another thread so i'm not looking it up again), he was the guy...the man...the guy that was being talked about all throughout the end of the 2015 season as the guy that would be a HC the next season and he came here.   So.....I guess the point would be that the Browns have already gotten that guy once, I don't think it has turned out well and he should be replaced, so there's no reason to think they can't get the next great NFL head coach to come to Cleveland.  We don't know who that guy is...and we won't know till whoever it is comes here and starts winning games. 

4 minutes ago, Mark O said:

You do realize however

Yes, I do.  And he can't do squat with what the Harvard Think Tank lets him have.  And when / if his butt gets shown the door at season's end HIS name will be mud just like everyone else that coached under Haslam.

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

Yes, I do.  And he can't do squat with what the Harvard Think Tank lets him have.  And when / if his butt gets shown the door at season's end HIS name will be mud just like everyone else that coached under Haslam.

You're contradicting yourself...you said the Browns can't get the highly sought after candidate and then agree with me when I tell you we already got that guy once.  So which is it?  Can the Browns get the highly sought after candidate or not?   I'd say they certainly can....money plus the fact that it's 1 of 32 of these jobs in the world will make a young hot coordinator ready to take that next step to be a head coach.  If they don't want the challenge or whatever of working in Cleveland..then fuck em...they aren't the guy for the challenge anyways.

On 11/14/2017 at 1:00 AM, hoorta said:

They'll have to pay him Belichick money Gip. College coaches get paid way better than NFL coaches. No one knows what Bill actually makes, but Sean Payton was getting $8 million. Nick Saban makes $11.5 at Alabama. Plus top college guys have damn near lifetime job security. 

Gruden isn't coming. Tressel isn't coming. I doubt Harbaugh is. 

Harbaugh (about $9M) makes more than BB now and it's not always about money (in their neighborhood), more ego, control etc. Plus Gruden probably no, Tressel no.

I think these numbers are pretty current:

Pete Carroll Seattle Seahawks $8,000,000
Sean Payton New Orleans Saints $8,000,000
Bill Belichick New England Patriots $7,500,000
Andy Reid Kansas City Chiefs $7,500,000
John Harbaugh Baltimore Ravens $7,000,000
Mike Tomlin Pittsburgh Steelers $7,000,000
Mike McCarthy Green Bay Packers $6,000,000
Jason Garrett Dallas Cowboys $6,000,000
Bruce Arians Arizona Cardinals $6,000,000
Jay Gruden Washington Redskins $5,000,000
Bill O’Brien Houston Texans $5,000,000
Chuck Pagano Indianapolis Colts $4,500,000
Dan Quinn Atlanta Falcons $4,500,000
Marvin Lewis Cincinnati Bengals $4,500,000
John Fox Chicago Bears $4,250,000
Mike Zimmer Minnesota Vikings $4,000,000
Ron Rivera Carolina Panthers $4,000,000
Todd Bowles New York Jets $4,000,000
Jim Caldwell Detroit Lions $4,000,000
Jack Del Rio Oakland Raiders $3,500,000

15 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Still doesnt change the fact that the city is a football town.

If Belichick looked at the cast of misfits who coached the Patriots before him, he would have turned around at the state line and gone home. The Browns are due for something good.

13 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Carroll was a clown who took a super bowl roster and drove it into the ground.

Why do you think that he was fired in year 3?

Of course Parcells was good. Just like Marty was good. I was referring to all the other Rummys throughout franchise history. No HC worth his whistle is going to turn down the Browns job because of Butch Davis 15 years ago.

Super Bowl Champ and played in another.  Part of the regime that built the Legion of Boom and brought in Russell Wilson, ain't no clown.

Archived