THE BROWNS BOARD

Shea Patterson

wargograw

We're the presumed favorite, but we'll see.

He mad a Michigan offer and both parties were high on each other when he was being recruited. It is assumed he ended up and ole Miss because Michigan wasn't willing to... Umm... "Give" as much as Ole Miss. (Normal sec stuff)

We'll see if he heads up here now

14 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

We're the presumed favorite, but we'll see.

He mad a Michigan offer and both parties were high on each other when he was being recruited. It is assumed he ended up and ole Miss because Michigan wasn't willing to... Umm... "Give" as much as Ole Miss. (Normal sec stuff)

We'll see if he heads up here now

It's quite possible that they paid obviously, but they hired his brother. But you continue on blaming the bogeyman baby. You're now gonna have one our low-character bought and paid for boys from the south on your team. Maybe now you'll actually win something again.

10 hours ago, wargograw said:

File that away in the "proof The Gipper doesn't watch college football" file....

Ole Miss starting QB. Borderline elite player.

I don't pay much attention to below average, meaningless SEC games and teams, that is true.   Or to guys that from backwater schools that don't have much chance to be high picks.  And yes, Mississippi is essentially backwater.

They don't televise mediocre SEC teams around here...only the big guys. 

I HAVE been paying attention to the various lists of QBs that are considered to be High draft picks.....and this guy appears no where on that list.  Nick Fitzpatrick of Miss. St. is.  Jason Stidham is.  Guys whose teams are relevant.

Perhaps I don't hear about him or pay any attention to him because he is an underclassman..and not draft eligible.  Point is...there are a hundred other better known QBs in the country.

Off the top of your head do you know who the QBs of Rutgers or Purdue are?  see my point. 

And, if this guy is going to transfer....how can he be considered elite?  Transfers often go because they can't get on the field with the team they are with. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don't pay much attention to below average, meaningless SEC games and teams, that is true.   Or to guys that from backwater schools that don't have much chance to be high picks.  And yes, Mississippi is essentially backwater.

I HAVE been paying attention to the various lists of QBs that are considered to be High draft picks.....and this guy appears no where on that list.  Nick Fitzpatrick of Miss. St. is.  Jason Stidham is.  Guys whose teams are relevant.

Perhaps I don't hear about him or pay any attention to him because he is an underclassman..and not draft eligible.  Point is...there are a hundred other better known QBs in the country.

Off the top of your head do you know who the QBs of Rutgers or Purdue are?  see my point. 

And, if this guy is going to transfer....how can he be considered elite?  Transfers often go because they can't get on the field with the team they are with. 

Stidham was a transfer from a school (Baylor) that fell apart and he didn't want to be part of the nonsense. Ole Miss is experiencing just that kind of situation right now with NCAA violations. So sometimes elite talent does transfer. It is just a rarity.

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

"Jason" Stidham. There's another one. Love it.

On 12/4/2017 at 12:22 AM, wargograw said:

It's quite possible that they paid obviously, but they hired his brother. But you continue on blaming the bogeyman baby. You're now gonna have one our low-character bought and paid for boys from the south on your team. Maybe now you'll actually win something again.

I mean, bag men aren't a Boogeyman. They're a real thing. And the SEC is a huge culprit. There have been documented cases of it. Sheet, ole Miss just got a slap on the wrist for it (because of course they only got a slap on the wrist).

9 hours ago, wargograw said:

"Jason" Stidham. There's another one. Love it.

Jason, Justin, Joshua, Jared, Jarrett, Jehosephat. Who cares.

Some fuyucked up Yuppy name. 

What is your real first name?  I bet it is just as Shmucked up as that.

I like manly men's names:   Joe,  Bob, Bill, Tom  (FYI...the JT in JT Barrett stood for Joseph Thomas)

What is Jarrett?   The fat guy pedophile from the Subway commercials.  That is all I can think of when I hear Jarrett.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I mean, bag men aren't a Boogeyman. They're a real thing. And the SEC is a huge culprit. There have been documented cases of it. Sheet, ole Miss just got a slap on the wrist for it (because of course they only got a slap on the wrist).

Is "Shea" going to be TUN's savior?   

All I can think of is the  whore from Game of Thrones by that name.  Or the Mets old stadium.

On 12/5/2017 at 7:11 AM, MLD Woody said:

It's just lame to pull that card out when you clearly know absolutely nothing about the situation, but whatever. You're either a. wrong, or b. pursuing one of us dirty cheating southerners you so despise. So you look bad either way. Fine with me.

On 12/5/2017 at 9:44 AM, The Gipper said:

Jason, Justin, Joshua, Jared, Jarrett, Jehosephat. Who cares.

Some fuyucked up Yuppy name. 

What is your real first name?  I bet it is just as Shmucked up as that.

I like manly men's names:   Joe,  Bob, Bill, Tom  (FYI...the JT in JT Barrett stood for Joseph Thomas)

What is Jarrett?   The fat guy pedophile from the Subway commercials.  That is all I can think of when I hear Jarrett.

It's Paul. You were saying?

3 hours ago, wargograw said:

It's just lame to pull that card out when you clearly know absolutely nothing about the situation, but whatever. You're either a. wrong, or b. pursuing one of us dirty cheating southerners you so despise. So you look bad either way. Fine with me.

It's Paul. You were saying?

OK, you don't have a fuyucked up Yuppy first name.  Good for you.   John, Paul, George.

25 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK, you don't have a fuyucked up Yuppy first name.  Good for you.   John, Paul, George.

What no Ringo? (Richard)......I did watch the Beatles special on PBS yesterday, not bad brings back memories. 

On 12/7/2017 at 8:44 AM, MLD Woody said:

.... Did you even see some of the stuff with Treadwell when he committed? The stuff that Tunsil admitted? 

Come on man

Ole Miss clearly was dirty with recruiting. 

I didn't say they never paid. Of course they paid. But you have no idea if they paid Shea (not that common to pay white quarterbacks from rich private schools), and there's no reason to believe that was the primary influence in HIS recruitment. The hiring of his brother was. But again, if you think he was paid, then your team's now led by a scumbag, bought and paid for SEC player. Enjoy.

On 12/10/2017 at 6:29 AM, MLD Woody said:

Well, at least we can agree that the SEC is dirty as hell when it comes to recruiting. 

We'll work on the rest of that later

When anyone says SEC/recruiting I sometimes think about the likes of Bear Bryant, Jackie Sherill and the famous quote (and you know how quick quotes can be)....... When asked about retirement, Joe Paterno once said that he would not, because it would leave college football in the hands of "the Jackie Sherrills and the Barry Switzers". Paterno apologized to Switzer for the comment, but wrote in his book that he "didn't give a damn about what Sherrill felt."Paterno later said that the comment was made off-the-record and in jest during a party at Paterno's house, but it was printed anyway. Sherrill and Paterno later became friends – and Sherrill and his wife were guests of the Paternos in State College in 2004. Notably, Sherrill went 2–3 in five games leading Pitt against Penn State, including a 48–14 loss in 1981 that destroyed Pitt's chances at a second national championship in six years.......

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

When anyone says SEC/recruiting I sometimes think about the likes of Bear Bryant, Jackie Sherill and the famous quote (and you know how quick quotes can be)....... When asked about retirement, Joe Paterno once said that he would not, because it would leave college football in the hands of "the Jackie Sherrills and the Barry Switzers". Paterno apologized to Switzer for the comment, but wrote in his book that he "didn't give a damn about what Sherrill felt."Paterno later said that the comment was made off-the-record and in jest during a party at Paterno's house, but it was printed anyway. Sherrill and Paterno later became friends – and Sherrill and his wife were guests of the Paternos in State College in 2004. Notably, Sherrill went 2–3 in five games leading Pitt against Penn State, including a 48–14 loss in 1981 that destroyed Pitt's chances at a second national championship in six years.......

Except, of course, Paterno was right.  Switzer and Sherrill were dirty.   But then....so was Penn St......in a different ....perhaps worse way.

Archived