Orange Bowl (8 p.m., ESPN): Wisconsin vs. Miami

Monday, Jan. 1

Outback Bowl (12 p.m., ESPN2): Michigan vs. South Carolina

Peach Bowl (12:30 p.m., ESPN): Auburn vs. UCF

Citrus Bowl (1 p.m., ABC): Notre Dame vs. LSU          

Rose Bowl (5 p.m., ESPN): Oklahoma vs. Georgia

Sugar Bowl (8:45 p.m., ESPN): Clemson vs. Alabama

Monday, Jan. 8

College Football Playoff National Championship (8 p.m., ESPN)

Schedule from Bleacher Report.

NOTE: I always make an effort to check and clean up everything I post but I'm on a brand new SAMSUNG 9.7" tablet for my wife (but I might keep it) And it is faster and really quirky to use compared to my 2014 SAMSUNG 10.1" tablet. Some great new features naturally and some new strange quirky ones, especially copy & paste and the keyboard!  But that's why and how they sell new stuff!

Time to look at the B1G schedule. 

I have never seen a NCAA game.

I guess that the best games are later in December and closer to prime time? Cotton, Rose, Sugar bowl... 

Which games played early in the day would you recommend me? 8pm ET is 2am at my timezone and probably I won't be able to watch those night games. 

I know many of you Buckeyes fans will tell me not to miss the Cotton Bowl, though.

6 hours ago, Nero said:

I guess that the best games are later in December and closer to prime time? Cotton, Rose, Sugar bowl... 

Which games played early in the day would you recommend me? 8pm ET is 2am at my timezone and probably I won't be able to watch those night games. 

I know many of you Buckeyes fans will tell me not to miss the Cotton Bowl, though.

Watch the Citrus. Rose if you can. Alamo should be alright. That's about all I see.

8 hours ago, Nero said:

There are 40 bowl games this year at about 3 1/2 hours each that's about 140 hours of sleep deprived football watching nobody.....in their right mind....can do that so there are lists out there by different sports authorities who rate or rank these things, ESPN has a good one9 ranking all 40 games but in particular the top 10 naturally.

Now I'm a sports nut and particularly college football (I now prefer it to the professional grossly overpaid and overpriced variety) And agree with most lists which have the USC/OSU game in their top 5 picks, check out ESPN's list:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21667155/a-viewer-guide-most-entertaining-bowl-games

Here's Sports Illustrated a bit strange but USC/OSU as #1, a lot of BIG TEN teams up there, but B1G fans do travel!

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/12/06/bowl-games-rankings-tv-schedule-viewing-guide

Sports illustrated #1 bowl game to watch and why:

1. COTTON BOWL: USC VS. OHIO STATE

Who will respond better to the committee’s controversial playoff snub? The Buckeyes would like nothing more than to finish ahead of Alabama in the final rankings, while USC just wrapped a whisper-quiet 11-win season without hardly any of the fanfare that normally hijacks Trojans runs. Sam Darnold and J.T. Barrett are set up to wage an imperfect yet enthralling quarterback duel, and both teams are loaded at the skill positions. Clear your Friday night now for Dec. 29—given the deep lineup over the next three weeks, rescheduling any plans last-minute won’t be easy.

10 hours ago, Nero said:

Lots of games start at like Noon  Eastern Time.  Which would be like 6 PM your time. You could watch those.

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Lots of games start at like Noon  Eastern Time.  Which would be like 6 PM your time. You could watch those.

1pm ET is 7 pm for me, but that's what I asked for advice, as I don't know which games are more enjoyable. I only could tell a few. 

51 minutes ago, Nero said:

1pm ET is 7 pm for me, but that's what I asked for advice, as I don't know which games are more enjoyable. I only could tell a few. 

A couple of decent games that may play at that time are the Liberty Bowl:  Memphis vs. Iowa St.  and the Outback Bowl  Michigan vs. South Carolina (despite what Woody says)

On 12/10/2017 at 3:04 AM, wargograw said:

I'm with Woody. Michigan probably runs away with it. 

I think he said it won't be very exciting.....I am not sure that is the same as saying M will run away with it.

He might have simply meant that it could be a "boring defensive battle"  (though I often think those can be exciting).  Perhaps he could clarify.

I enjoy defensive games. But I think this may be more of Great D + Average to Below Average O vs Good D and Bad O. The not great offenses will help the defences out, opposed to it being a great defensive game. If that makes sense. 

We should win easily enough, 21-10. Something like that.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:00 AM, The Gipper said:

It could be worse....every team that goes even 6-6 gets into a bowl game.

Yes for the first week or so it's the reward games to fill out the 40 game tournament.......well make that the antiquated ol' boys mainly empty parade, banquet and football game between barely. 500 teams......who'd want to see a couple of top 8 or 16 teams duke it out before Christmas? It would only be for a few games ;) Hopefully that may change soon.

Now the about December 29 on games have some classic matchups this year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Gipper I love your avatar makes you look so much younger! :lol:

On 12/15/2017 at 6:48 AM, mjp28 said:

Yes for the first week or so it's the reward games to fill out the 40 game tournament.......well make that the antiquated ol' boys mainly empty parade, banquet and football game between barely. 500 teams......who'd want to see a couple of top 8 or 16 teams duke it out before Christmas? It would only be for a few games ;) Hopefully that may change soon.

Now the about December 29 on games have some classic matchups this year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Gipper I love your avatar makes you look so much younger! :lol:

Well....it just points out how much more meaningless the non CFP Bowls are.   No on cared about them.  There are non on today worth watching.....and now I am seeing where a number of guys who are considered maybe 3rd-4th rounders...or less, are skipping their bowl games to "prepare for the NFL".

The ONLY thing the bowl system may be worth is to make a little money for the schools....and I can envision that drying up....as who is really watching?

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well....it just points out how much more meaningless the non CFP Bowls are.   No on cared about them.  There are non on today worth watching.....and now I am seeing where a number of guys who are considered maybe 3rd-4th rounders...or less, are skipping their bowl games to "prepare for the NFL".

The ONLY thing the bowl system may be worth is to make a little money for the schools....and I can envision that drying up....as who is really watching?

Wow skipping playing for State U to boost your draft stock and avoid injury that kind of blows the integrity of college sports to hell and back.

Even those old million dollar health insurance policies, now multimillion are not enticement enough for the big stars.......oh and who picks up the premiums for those??? Geeezzzus go ahead with stipends and playoffs and get it over with.

Football and basketball. 

.......oh and BTW The March Madness Tournament is wildly successful and popular, I remember when the main networks didn't even televise the early rounds, only ESPN even bothered, but it was their business. 

• 11 months later...

Archived