THE BROWNS BOARD

McShea

Westside Steve

I keep seeing people talk about bringing in alex Smith and I feel like you guys forget how awful he was his first 5 years were. He' gotten lucky to land on 2 teams that fit his play style. He has always been a dink and dunk west coast style guy. He had some success this year throwing deep but that's a new thing so I wouldn't be so certain that he continues to be able to do that. Plus that stinks of a browns move. Chalk him up with the Garcia and delhomme of the world

1 hour ago, Tacosman said:

in the absence of a manning/brady(whose presence alone guarantees eliteness) or a collection of very special talent like the seahawks defense when healthy, those are really the only type of highs in the nfl you can really count on.  Its the nature of the nfl and the way it is set up today.

I literally have no clue what you are saying here...

Best guess I can muster is you think winning a SB is the only high, which is clearly not the case.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Best guess I can muster is you think winning a SB is the only high, which is clearly not the case.

you guess wrong.  it means that barring a truly generational qb or being able to amass5 of the leagues top 20-25 defensive players  all at once for several years, highs in the nfl are transient and fleeting(what I took your use of the phrasesugar high to mean) and not all that predictive of the next year. 

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I don't remember what the golf course was Nor who the golfer was but I remember the guy hitting the ball out of a bad spot from a noticeable distance, probably a 9-iron shot, landed on the green rolled a few yards and dropped in the cup. After the game I remember the interview. Somebody asked him how he felt when that ball Dropped In. He gave kind of an aww Shucks gesture and said 'well that's what I was aiming for.'

WSS

Archived