THE BROWNS BOARD

If it's not Hue than who?

Louisville Slugger

Dorsey may give Hue a year to buy himself a year, but if we can Hue at the end of the year who would you like to take over head coaching duties? Let's leave out the highly unlikely candidates like Harbaugh and Gruden and try and focus on more realistic options. 

Frank Reich seems like the hot commodity this year. What he' done with the eagles offense is nothing short of amazing. He's took an offense that really doesn't have a bunch of talent and turned his young QB into a MVP candidate. He'll have his choice of jobs so coming here is unlikely but he might be intrigued by our draft capital and young talent.

Jim Schwartz is one of the better defensive minds in football. Sure he didn't do great with his stint in Detroit but he wasn't that bad either. I think he would love a chance to see what he can get out of a defense that has young players like Myles Garrett, Emanual Ogbah, Danny Shelton, Jamie Collins, Christian Kirksey, and other young guys with potential on our defense. His scheme fits our core very well.

David Shaw out of Stanford is a really interesting guy for those guys who really want Harbaugh. He was Harbaughs offensive coordinator at Stanford before ultimately taking the head coach gig once Harbaugh left for the nfl. Shaw also has some NFL experience being a quarterback and wide receivers coach in Baltimore. 

Who's the guy that you think could turn this team around?

I thought of Jim Schwartz too, but I think after proving what is it like to be a head coach, he could feel comfortable staying as a DC. And he hasn't got a great record but he took a team that had been 0-16 to the playoffs after a few years, so there's that.

3 minutes ago, 7moses7 said:

Urban Meyer.    John Gruden 

No and Hell No.

David Shaw would be at or near the top of my list.

Otherwise...pick a young coordinator (preferably an OC) who has the fire in his ass to want to be a HC and turn this shit show around.   Find me a young Sean Peyton clone, or a McVey clone.  They're out there....the team just has to find him.

1 hour ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Frank Reich seems like the hot commodity this year. What he' done with the eagles offense is nothing short of amazing. He's took an offense that really doesn't have a bunch of talent ...

You are joking, right?

1 hour ago, 7moses7 said:

Not happening for either.  Urban's $6.5 million salary @ Ohio State would make him the 5th highest paid coach in the NFL, and short of killing someone he has lifetime job security in Columbus. Gruden's $6.5 million is on the same level, but take it to the bank he wouldn't take the same salary in the NFL to work 18 hour days. He probably doesn't even put in 1\2 that many hours at ESPN. 

26 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

What do the eagles have offensively? Jeffries and ertz? That's not exactly what I would call great talent. 

Neither RB Ajayi, SB winner Blount, a good offensive line, a MVP candidate (who just lost his opportunity) QB in Wentz, an injured Sproles... 

Of course, no talent at all.

37 minutes ago, Nero said:

Neither RB Ajayi, SB winner Blount, a good offensive line, a MVP candidate (who just lost his opportunity) QB in Wentz, an injured Sproles... 

Of course, no talent at all.

Yup... plus Torry Smith and an awakened Agholor to round out the WR corps. Celek to fill in for the oft-injured Ertz.

But one correction... even with Jason Peters out their OL is not merely "good".

And then there's... the Defense... #5 ranked in Points allowed and #4 ranked in yards allowed.

7 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

I have zero interest in seeing Urban Meyer, a proven winner, leave Ohio State, the only football team I can legit feel good about rooting for every year, to come coach our dumpster fire of a professional team that's largely put garbage on the field for fifty years. No. No thanks. 

Jon Gruden...it ain't happening. If he wanted to come back and coach he probably would have been hired somewhere already. 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Not happening for either.  Urban's $6.5 million salary @ Ohio State would make him the 5th highest paid coach in the NFL, and short of killing someone he has lifetime job security in Columbus. Gruden's $6.5 million is on the same level, but take it to the bank he wouldn't take the same salary in the NFL to work 18 hour days. He probably doesn't even put in 1\2 that many hours at ESPN. 

Hey man, everybody murders people

Archived