THE BROWNS BOARD

No Soup (or Pro Bowl) for you!

Sober Poet

With the Thomas injury, his streak ends and no Browns in Pro Bowl.

Unless:

• MLB Joe Schobert is a first alternate for the AFC.
  • OG Joel Bitonio is a second alternate for the AFC.
  • It’s possible the Browns could still get someone into the Pro Bowl once Super Bowl teams and injuries are accounted for.

So, was Dorsey accurate in his no "real players" assessment?

Hmmmmmmmmmm.......

So basically, Schobert MADE the Pro Bowl as one of the two guys ahead of him is Ryan Shazier who probably never play again. And if Baltimore makes the Super Bowl or C.J Mosely gets injured, Joe will be starting.

Amazing story, as he came into camp as a backup after a disappointing rookie season where former DC Ray Horton didn't know what to do with the smallish rookie..

Excited for Schobert, excited for the future ... now let's win a game!

Zombo

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I thought Jabrill Peppers would make the Pro Bowl playing Left Out.    (as in left out of most of the times he is on the field)

Now let's be fair about this. Last week he almost made a tackle in time to stop someone just short of the goal line. Instead he saved the defense two embarrassing QB draws for TD's instead of just one. Surely that qualifies as pro-embarrassment saver or something.

9 hours ago, Zombo said:

So basically, Schobert MADE the Pro Bowl as one of the two guys ahead of him is Ryan Shazier who probably never play again. And if Baltimore makes the Super Bowl or C.J Mosely gets injured, Joe will be starting.

Amazing story, as he came into camp as a backup after a disappointing rookie season where former DC Ray Horton didn't know what to do with the smallish rookie..

Excited for Schobert, excited for the future ... now let's win a game!

Zombo

This really shows the importance of player positioning and coaching. Under the last DC Schobert was invisible, now under Williams - he's thriving. 

Players need the chance to get in there and play and they deserve a coach that understands how to get the most from their talents. 

I thought you jackoffs said Myles Garrett was a great player? WTF happened? Someone must have read my posts. 

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I thought you jackoffs said Myles Garrett was a great player? WTF happened? Someone must have read my posts. 

He was injured. If healthy next year hell have a shot in his second year. 

DEFENSIVE
  Tackles   Interceptions
Year Team G Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int TDs Yds Avg Lng
2017 Cleveland Browns 9 27 15 12 5.0 -- 1 -- -- -- 0.0 --

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

He was injured. If healthy next year hell have a shot in his second year. 

DEFENSIVE
  Tackles   Interceptions
Year Team G Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int TDs Yds Avg Lng
2017 Cleveland Browns 9 27 15 12 5.0 -- 1 -- -- -- 0.0 --

BLAH BLAH BLAH........................ if he is so good....why make injury excuses for him? I haven't read any medical expert who said Garrett is playing compromised. The ONLY ones saying it are you pimps, because you can see that so far, this guy is nowhere neare worth a #1   #1  pick. 5 sacks mean nothing when your defense plays 2x as many plays as everyone else. It also is unimportant when you realize he tries for a sack every play..........and gets run over constantly. Seriously man, he blows.

Archived