THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Steelers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

There’s either going to be a parade or a large donation to the Cleveland food bank.

2 hours ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

Kizer To Coleman = incomplete  =  0-16.

Best Braylon imitation I've ever seen.... But Kizer all class consoling him after that drop. 

59 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

How can a guy go from catching the ball in college to not being able to catch in the pros?

He had a high drop ratio in College too Boo- that shouldn't be much of a surprise.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Sorry guys.

#BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png owner Jimmy Haslam said he TOLD new GM John Dorsey that Hue Jackson would return as head coach, that there was no debate. Says, "I don't think Hue has lost (his) magic."

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

He looks how you guys feel.

Jimmy-Haslam-Pissed-off-e1366060132541.j

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Arrived home safely from Browns Backer Club(wiieee). Was hoping Diehard could get Aditi Kinky-hab-wala in ABBA skirts doing Waterloo.(but the nite is young)..Has-slum... your out your mind if Hue last more than 30 days..learn the game or turn over your keys to the building 

12 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Sorry guys.

#BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png owner Jimmy Haslam said he TOLD new GM John Dorsey that Hue Jackson would return as head coach, that there was no debate. Says, "I don't think Hue has lost (his) magic."

Hue is obviously very good at hypnotism.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Hue is obviously very good at hypnotism.

If Jimmah still believes that after 1-31, then Hue certainly has him under a magic spell of some kind. I need to go back to work and take 2-3 hour naps every afternoon and convince my bosses I am using that time wisely to come up with a better dream for the future of our organization. Hey Ghoolie, do you need a new sales manager for that patent you have cooking? I used to be in latex with Vandalay Industries.:lol:

I'm pretty aloof about it all really. The thing that's hardest to think about honestly though is the fact if hue wins 2 games in his third year he would have 100 percent improvement on his record. 

I get the coaching carousel blah blah. It just boggles the mind a dude can keep his job with that point.

21 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I'm pretty aloof about it all really. The thing that's hardest to think about honestly though is the fact if hue wins 2 games in his third year he would have 100 percent improvement on his record. 

I get the coaching carousel blah blah. It just boggles the mind a dude can keep his job with that point.

Using old math one win in two years = 1/2 win in one year, so therefore 2 wins in year three is a 400% improvement on the record thus far. Damn Hue's gonna be a genius soon!:P

Hue's end of season presser coming up at 8:15 am per cleveland.com..bleacherreport is reporting Dorsey will be hiring & firing 7-8 of hue's assistant coaches(this should be good^_^

Hue'less presser now up on CB.com.hue says HE's hiring the OC if that's the course? 2 winning seasons in 20 years was just "hitting a rough patch" fans..might be the same spot Hue's bus ran over Dorsey on hiring hues staff?? Happy New Years BB!!..we got FIRE-works, just waiting for matches to light the wicks..  

27 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Hue'less presser now up on CB.com.hue says HE's hiring the OC if that's the course? 2 winning seasons in 20 years was just "hitting a rough patch" fans..might be the same spot Hue's bus ran over Dorsey on hiring hues staff?? Happy New Years BB!!..we got FIRE-works, just waiting for matches to light the wicks..  

Would a dumpster fire do?:P

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Would a dumpster fire do?:P

SunOil in Toledo got empty refinery Tanks yet?:lol::)were all out of dumpsters to hold this pile 

Here's the thing guys, we've DONE the coaching carousel over and over again with no success. We KNOW it doesn't work beyond a shadow of a doubt. Now, there is no excuse for Hue's record, so I'm not even going to try. He's made mistakes, plenty of them. The one thing I WILL say is that players play the game. Hue Jackson didn't miss three tackles on the kickoff return. Hue didn't fumble the ball after a gain of 32 yards (Duke). Hue didn't drop the ball on 4th and 2. I mean, if Duke doesn't fumble it, or God forbid we recover it, and we get a FG that drive, then we're in a position to kick a FG on 4th and 2 for the win instead of going for it. That's the kind of crap that drives me insane. Our season was LITTERED with situations like that. 

I mean, we were down 14 in the 1st quarter, on the road, with no 1st downs, no momentum, and without a single victory. Gloomy indeed, right? Not exactly the circumstances one thinks of when hoping for a comeback. But you know what? We didn't quit. Our torched defense held on 4th down after an unthinkable penalty on the FG attempt. And then something else happened....a big play. The very thing we've been so STARVED for all season. A beautifully designed, perfectly executed, well-protected, super-bomb to Josh Gordon. Kizer didn't miss him this time, no way. Kizer dropped the best pass of his difficult season directly into the bread basket of our best player. Then something magical happened. We actually punched the ball in for a touchdown, after most of us thought for sure we'd screw it up after Josh was ruled out. 

Our team fought hard again, and it was the first time in a while that I actually thought we were going to win. I could FEEL it happening. But just like the 1st game against the Steelers, our special teams cost us dearly. Right when we scratched back to tie it, directly after we celebrated another big play that we didn't have ALL YEAR, our freaking special teams lets us down in basically the worst way possible. I don't care how revered Chris Tabor is as a special teams coach, his butt is GONE. I know I'm contradicting myself because players make (or don't make) plays, but I'm tired of it. The Green Bay punt return. The Steelers blocked punt. The kickoff return....take your pick man. We lose on special teams almost every week and I'm OVER it. 

But wait! You might think that would have broken our spirit. After fighting from behind all game and finally pulling even, we give up a KICKOFF RETURN? Only we don't quit. We got some help from their 3rd string center, but we were due for some help. We took advantage and with 5 minutes left and down by 4, we march down the field. I guess I say all this to demonstrate how the players respond to Hue Jackson. We don't quit, we play hard, the players CARE about each other. Just imagine how close this team will be to each other if we keep together and turn it around. We've been through the worst of the worst, and that has to build character. 

Yes this game was against the backups. Yes we still found a way to lose. Yes we lost every game this year. I don't see the benefit of starting over with a new head coach, I just don't. Hue had us in a position to win. It was one of his best games all season. And how about Kizer? As bad as he was in the 1st quarter, that kid battled. In a VERY difficult environment...he freaking BATTLED. He made some awful throws, a terrible pick, didn't diagnose blitzes, and could've been picked a few more times. But when we needed a play, the kid delivered. He ran for giant first downs. He gave up his body. He found Josh Gordon, and he kept numerous plays alive. That toss to Coleman was such a beautiful play, I still can't believe it wasn't caught. It physically HURTS me to think about. That SHOULD HAVE BEEN Kizer's moment. God, he freaking deserved it, didn't he? This miserable season, not having a veteran qb to help him, getting yanked, put back in, the drops, the ups and freaking downs....ALL OF IT. He deserved that chance to try and win the game and he didn't get it. I'm watching Coleman's drop over and over and I still don't believe it. The ball was right at head level, the sweet spot for receivers. The easiest catch for any WR to make by far. 

I guess what I'm saying is that we're closer than you might think. We're playing hard. We play as a team. We need to get our defense ironed out and stop the mental lapses, and we need new special teams. If we can weather this awful storm, we can come out stronger on the other side. I really believe that. We all know we're drafting a QB early, and we're also bringing in a veteran. The thing is, everyone is counting Deshone Kizer out, including myself. It's so easy to forget that MANY successful NFL qb's had difficult rookie seasons. Heck, look at Alex Smith. If Hue really comes back, Kizer will have a MONUMENTAL advantage over everyone. We already know Kizer is a worker. Year two in the same system could do wonders for him. Not only that, but Crowell hurt us this year in some games. His lack of vision, especially to the LEFT, put us in way too many unfavorable situations. We get a better running back and better receivers, and you may see a different Kizer. 

But the defense. If you really understand football, you will know that the Browns biggest issues stem directly from the defense. Not stopping teams in the red zone, not forcing turnovers, and most importantly, giving up a passer rating of 100. That's completely absurd. Gregg Williams was burnt far too often on screen passes and hot routes, and this is a result of his aggressive blitzing. We just couldn't get off the field when we needed to...far too many times. It's also a problem when the fans are screaming "QB DRAW!" and we still give it up for a touchdown. Gregg might have to go, or at least change his philosophy somewhat. 

The cupboard isn't bare for the first time in a while. John Dorsey would not have taken this job if he wasn't assured of ownership support (spending money). We all know about the draft picks we have, and if we can find a way to get reliable WRs, defensive backs, and a new running back, I really feel like we could see dramatic improvement in 2018. Oh, and something tells me that Joe Thomas retires if Hue Jackson is fired, and while I obviously have no resources to support this feeling, I would find it hard to believe that Joe would want to learn yet another new system. 

nice post Jigs, only thing I disagree with is the QB's that struggled then went on to success were successful in college. Kizer does not fit that mold. 

nice post, jiggins.  i'm frustrated with hue's playcalling and think he's in over his head trying to be both hc and oc, but i'm resigned to the fact we are stuck with him another year.  finally, some continuity but is hue the right guy to stick with? i think he'll be worlds better with an oc, you are right in that he at least hasn't lost the locker room.  i'm also optimistic about kizer improving; he was thrown in before he was ready on a team that abandons the run in the 2nd half, yet he's managed to keep games close.  don't want to sound like i'm "on bath salts" but if you can't see the improvement kizer made over the season and how hard he's worked compared to some of our other QBs there's no changing your mind on him.  i admit he took a step backwards yesterday with his accuracy compared to the previous 2 games but he made plays when he had to.  one problem with kizer is he tries to do too much and ends up forcing things (particularly in 4th quarters and OT), having an offseason to work with will and getting some better players so he doesn't feel like he has to completely carry this team will hopefully cure that.

57 minutes ago, Browns1216 said:

nice post, jiggins.  i'm frustrated with hue's playcalling and think he's in over his head trying to be both hc and oc, but i'm resigned to the fact we are stuck with him another year.  finally, some continuity but is hue the right guy to stick with? i think he'll be worlds better with an oc, you are right in that he at least hasn't lost the locker room.  i'm also optimistic about kizer improving; he was thrown in before he was ready on a team that abandons the run in the 2nd half, yet he's managed to keep games close.  don't want to sound like i'm "on bath salts" but if you can't see the improvement kizer made over the season and how hard he's worked compared to some of our other QBs there's no changing your mind on him.  i admit he took a step backwards yesterday with his accuracy compared to the previous 2 games but he made plays when he had to.  one problem with kizer is he tries to do too much and ends up forcing things (particularly in 4th quarters and OT), having an offseason to work with will and getting some better players so he doesn't feel like he has to completely carry this team will hopefully cure that.

Kizer had that same 4th qtr/OT issue at ND, he will never be able to shake his shitty play when the pressure is on. Mike Mayock said this very thing during the draft right after we drafted him.

6 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Here's the thing guys, we've DONE the coaching carousel over and over again with no success. We KNOW it doesn't work beyond a shadow of a doubt. Now, there is no excuse for Hue's record, so I'm not even going to try. He's made mistakes, plenty of them. The one thing I WILL say is that players play the game. Hue Jackson didn't miss three tackles on the kickoff return. Hue didn't fumble the ball after a gain of 32 yards (Duke). Hue didn't drop the ball on 4th and 2. I mean, if Duke doesn't fumble it, or God forbid we recover it, and we get a FG that drive, then we're in a position to kick a FG on 4th and 2 for the win instead of going for it. That's the kind of crap that drives me insane. Our season was LITTERED with situations like that. 

I mean, we were down 14 in the 1st quarter, on the road, with no 1st downs, no momentum, and without a single victory. Gloomy indeed, right? Not exactly the circumstances one thinks of when hoping for a comeback. But you know what? We didn't quit. Our torched defense held on 4th down after an unthinkable penalty on the FG attempt. And then something else happened....a big play. The very thing we've been so STARVED for all season. A beautifully designed, perfectly executed, well-protected, super-bomb to Josh Gordon. Kizer didn't miss him this time, no way. Kizer dropped the best pass of his difficult season directly into the bread basket of our best player. Then something magical happened. We actually punched the ball in for a touchdown, after most of us thought for sure we'd screw it up after Josh was ruled out. 

Our team fought hard again, and it was the first time in a while that I actually thought we were going to win. I could FEEL it happening. But just like the 1st game against the Steelers, our special teams cost us dearly. Right when we scratched back to tie it, directly after we celebrated another big play that we didn't have ALL YEAR, our freaking special teams lets us down in basically the worst way possible. I don't care how revered Chris Tabor is as a special teams coach, his butt is GONE. I know I'm contradicting myself because players make (or don't make) plays, but I'm tired of it. The Green Bay punt return. The Steelers blocked punt. The kickoff return....take your pick man. We lose on special teams almost every week and I'm OVER it. 

But wait! You might think that would have broken our spirit. After fighting from behind all game and finally pulling even, we give up a KICKOFF RETURN? Only we don't quit. We got some help from their 3rd string center, but we were due for some help. We took advantage and with 5 minutes left and down by 4, we march down the field. I guess I say all this to demonstrate how the players respond to Hue Jackson. We don't quit, we play hard, the players CARE about each other. Just imagine how close this team will be to each other if we keep together and turn it around. We've been through the worst of the worst, and that has to build character. 

Yes this game was against the backups. Yes we still found a way to lose. Yes we lost every game this year. I don't see the benefit of starting over with a new head coach, I just don't. Hue had us in a position to win. It was one of his best games all season. And how about Kizer? As bad as he was in the 1st quarter, that kid battled. In a VERY difficult environment...he freaking BATTLED. He made some awful throws, a terrible pick, didn't diagnose blitzes, and could've been picked a few more times. But when we needed a play, the kid delivered. He ran for giant first downs. He gave up his body. He found Josh Gordon, and he kept numerous plays alive. That toss to Coleman was such a beautiful play, I still can't believe it wasn't caught. It physically HURTS me to think about. That SHOULD HAVE BEEN Kizer's moment. God, he freaking deserved it, didn't he? This miserable season, not having a veteran qb to help him, getting yanked, put back in, the drops, the ups and freaking downs....ALL OF IT. He deserved that chance to try and win the game and he didn't get it. I'm watching Coleman's drop over and over and I still don't believe it. The ball was right at head level, the sweet spot for receivers. The easiest catch for any WR to make by far. 

I guess what I'm saying is that we're closer than you might think. We're playing hard. We play as a team. We need to get our defense ironed out and stop the mental lapses, and we need new special teams. If we can weather this awful storm, we can come out stronger on the other side. I really believe that. We all know we're drafting a QB early, and we're also bringing in a veteran. The thing is, everyone is counting Deshone Kizer out, including myself. It's so easy to forget that MANY successful NFL qb's had difficult rookie seasons. Heck, look at Alex Smith. If Hue really comes back, Kizer will have a MONUMENTAL advantage over everyone. We already know Kizer is a worker. Year two in the same system could do wonders for him. Not only that, but Crowell hurt us this year in some games. His lack of vision, especially to the LEFT, put us in way too many unfavorable situations. We get a better running back and better receivers, and you may see a different Kizer. 

But the defense. If you really understand football, you will know that the Browns biggest issues stem directly from the defense. Not stopping teams in the red zone, not forcing turnovers, and most importantly, giving up a passer rating of 100. That's completely absurd. Gregg Williams was burnt far too often on screen passes and hot routes, and this is a result of his aggressive blitzing. We just couldn't get off the field when we needed to...far too many times. It's also a problem when the fans are screaming "QB DRAW!" and we still give it up for a touchdown. Gregg might have to go, or at least change his philosophy somewhat. 

The cupboard isn't bare for the first time in a while. John Dorsey would not have taken this job if he wasn't assured of ownership support (spending money). We all know about the draft picks we have, and if we can find a way to get reliable WRs, defensive backs, and a new running back, I really feel like we could see dramatic improvement in 2018. Oh, and something tells me that Joe Thomas retires if Hue Jackson is fired, and while I obviously have no resources to support this feeling, I would find it hard to believe that Joe would want to learn yet another new system. 

What are you doing here writing the Yuna bomber manifesto or somethingWhat are you doing here writing the Yuna bomber manifesto or something

5 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

Kizer had that same 4th qtr/OT issue at ND, he will never be able to shake his shitty play when the pressure is on. Mike Mayock said this very thing during the draft right after we drafted him.

he definitely would have benefited from staying in school, but what's done is done and he is on the Browns. looking forward to the QB competition next season.  too bad we can't rely on Hue "just trust me on this one" Jackson to coach them out of college mistakes.   

6 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

Yeah, that's tough to argue with, but I'll say one thing, and that's Kizer got robbed of his chance yesterday by Coleman. He WAS clutch in the 4th. And what about the Green Bay game when he delivered a perfect ball to Njoku for the first down and he DROPPED IT? I mean, that's clutch to me. Now, there were dozens of OTHER times when he wasn't clutch, but the kid didn't get the help when he WAS. 

19 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yeah, that's tough to argue with, but I'll say one thing, and that's Kizer got robbed of his chance yesterday by Coleman. He WAS clutch in the 4th. And what about the Green Bay game when he delivered a perfect ball to Njoku for the first down and he DROPPED IT? I mean, that's clutch to me. Now, there were dozens of OTHER times when he wasn't clutch, but the kid didn't get the help when he WAS. 

It takes a village.:P

Archived