THE BROWNS BOARD

What was your take on Gordon's 5-game performance?

Tour2ma

On 1/2/2018 at 10:31 AM, nickers said:

When you consider this kid sat out for what.. nearly 2 full seasons?... Doesn't even know the playbook.. Didn't have a training camp or any exhibition games.. And factor in our shitty WR corps and how lousy they have played. To me.. it looked like he didn't skip much of a beat. He looked vastly superior to anyone else on the Roster as far as pass catching. , Route running, And the stride he has compared to other hacks on our team..  Gordon play to me was a great indicator of just how bad our WR's really are.. Colman,"stone hands" included..there's a wide margin in talent.. And of course.. We also must factor in we have no QB.. Kizer was shitty at best.

Lot of rationalizations packed into a small space there... especially considering that in your eyes "it looked like he didn't skip much of a beat".

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Lot of rationalizations packed into a small space there... especially considering that in your eyes "it looked like he didn't skip much of a beat".

First congrats on beating my butt in the Browns points league dammit LOL. 

Look I think it is apparent he "missed a beat" as you say. Having said that Gordon with his missed beat play is as good as most of the receivers in the top 10 in the league today. Give him a full OTA and Camp (fingers crossed) and hes top 3 worst case. 

First, thanks... hope we can add at least two more players next go 'round.

While I can still see the case being made for Josh by you and others, I have to squint a lot harder than I thought or hoped that I'd have to.

Eyes wide open? That's the take I first posted.

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

First, thanks... hope we can add at least two more players next go 'round.

While I can still see the case being made for Josh by you and others, I have to squint a lot harder than I thought or hoped that I'd have to.

Eyes wide open? That's the take I first posted.

Picky, picky, picky Tour. With a two year layoff, if you project his stats over a 16 game season he's #12 in yards, has as many TDs as Julio Jones, and #1 in the league in YPC. He's a damn stiff, cut him immediately. 

Stats? How could he have those kind of stats with sh!tty playcalling... and QB'ing... and no run game... etc.

I tend to see what I see...

Archived