THE BROWNS BOARD

What Browns offered NE for Garappolo

Dutch Oven

18 hours ago, cdl15 said:

Maybe it came down to who Bill actually wanted to trade too. 

SF he probably recognized a franchise heading the correct direction and would prob be able to safely secure Jimmy G 

VS

Browns. Who doesn't take the best coach in the game to figure out Cleveland is probably going to struggle and within 6 months to a couple of years Jimmy G would leave cleveland to maybe a closer more dangerous FOE. Pittsburgh, Buffalo, colts, miami or even the Jets. 

Put it this way. Would you turn your own 1st rounder into a 2nd rounder if that meant Pittsburgh had to lose a 24 year old Big Ben?

Eh, by that logic you'd never trade anyone ever. I mean Jimmy is a FA this year by definition, nothing is stopping him from doing what you've noted. Maybe less likely sure, but if they saw him as that strong of an asset you'd never trade him in the first place.

11 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

2 recentish trades come to mind where the Pats dealt with the likes of Sashi Brown, and l'd say the Browns got the better end of the deal. 

Getting Collins and unloading Mingo for an actual draft pick. 

Hardly fleecings, but a tip of the scale in our direction l think. Clearly the Pats feared Sashi Brown's dealing mojo and wanted no more of it.

Reports were that BB didn't like dealing with Brown/Browns....because Sashi was always trying to get the better end of the deal. 

So....there may be some truth to the theory that BB didn't want to again have it look like he got burned by Sashi Brown. (Hell...it wouldn't surprise me if Sashi lands a job with the Pats...if BB stays there.)

23 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Reports were that BB didn't like dealing with Brown/Browns....because Sashi was always trying to get the better end of the deal. 

So....there may be some truth to the theory that BB didn't want to again have it look like he got burned by Sashi Brown. (Hell...it wouldn't surprise me if Sashi lands a job with the Pats...if BB stays there.)

Well Sashi certainly didn't get the best of this deal buy a damn sight.

WSS

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well....the reports are that he wasn't even allowed to participate in negotiations.  But...if he had?  What may have happened?

The reporters? I tend to take all their shyt with a grain of salt.

If I was going to burn the second pick in the draft I prefer to burn it on Jimmy than anybody else available.

WSS

12 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

The reporters? I tend to take all their shyt with a grain of salt.

Are you buying the "I hate the First Amendment" horseshite?

If I was going to burn the second pick in the draft I prefer to burn it on Jimmy than anybody else available.

Second pick...or second rounder?

WSS

On 1/10/2018 at 9:44 AM, jrb12711 said:

Eh, by that logic you'd never trade anyone ever. I mean Jimmy is a FA this year by definition, nothing is stopping him from doing what you've noted. Maybe less likely sure, but if they saw him as that strong of an asset you'd never trade him in the first place.

Joe Thomas almost verified this almost word for word

Archived