THE BROWNS BOARD

I Nominate Tour For Commissioner

darren15

I nominate Tour as commissioner in the boards draft again this year ......... we should start just after FA like last year as we got all 7 rounds done before the real draft.

As commish Tour gets to decide if he wants the Browns  ?........ I would like The Bills if possible and The Jags as we normally take 2 teams each ...... 

Whenever we do it, I'll pick for the Cleveland. 

20 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Thanks, but no thanks...

As former commish then, you can nominate someone to do the task this year...

Zombo

---I thought you the OP was nominating Tour for Goodell's job, and I like that idea even better.

lol...

The real reason I am declining is that I want to take a run at being on the Browns' reddit draft team... and that's a lot more work than running our draft.

I have no idea who to nominate to run our draft, but there are a posters who seem to be on here enough most days to consider it... Ag is one, cal is another.

I only suggest that whomever gets the job stays with the ideas of:

• having folks draft for two teams that have consecutive picks in Round 1, and
  • continuing the expanded PM use for bumping folks and having provisional picks at the podium to keep things rolling.

The above, plus having a couple of reliable Asst. Commishes to:

• fill in the odd absence for date night or whatever, and
  • help keep the Picked player lists current.

These made the job manageable and kept the pace reasonable. Plus Gipper perennially seems to be there with occasional CBS' BPA updates, which really helps keep to the thing moving... especially in the later rounds.

And yes, if you want the Browns, then you need to Commish. That's the perk for the work...

On 1/12/2018 at 1:05 PM, Tour2ma said:

Thanks, but no thanks...

Too bad I already seconded the motion and it passed by unanimous consent...... I think. You're in.

I did it 2 years ago but I will gladly be assistant commish and do the players picked by team and players picked by position updates like I did last year

might be able to draw more gm's & still T? if we pick a week-end(avoid some work issues) & a certain draft log in time (5pm-9pm?) in a rapid fire draft in thread or tavern? avoids days of long delays & possible GM fall outs to weeks of other matters?..just throwing lawn darts at a wall here :ph34r:     

Archived