Bob806: Oakland

PoeticG: Cleveland

Coyote: New England

mjp28: Oakland

The Gipper: Oakland

gumby73: New England

Tour2ma: New England

Mudfly: Oakland

Answer: For the 9th time since the 2001 season, the New England Patriots will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. To get there, they cruised by the Tennessee Titans in the divisional playoff game, 35-14, then came from behind to defeat the upstart Jacksonville Jaguars 24-20.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Picking the Patriots to win the AFC title isn't very difficult, it's akin to selecting Alabama to win the college title. A smart choice, but not very exciting. Well, here's to being steady and boring: Flyin J, Dutch, jcam222, Coyote, gumby73, and Tour. You have to wonder how much this dynasty has left in the ol' proverbial gas tank.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... But when you absolutely can't bring yourself to pick the Patriots, and being a Browns fan doesn't allow you to select the Steelers (the somewhat obvious #2 pick), you look for an upcoming, young team with potential: the Oakland Raiders! A bold pick, I liked the thought behind it. Unfortunately for Bob806, mjp28, The Gipper, and Mudfly, the Raiders struggled mightily and went 6-10. But alas, all is not lost four that were just mentioned - there's Super Homer PoG to save the day with his asinine Browns pick! HOORAY!

12. NFC Champ?

Flyin J: Dallas

Dutch Oven: Green Bay

jcam222: Atlanta

Bob806: Green Bay

PoeticG: Dallas

Coyote: Green Bay

mjp28: Green Bay

The Gipper: Seattle

gumby73: Seattle

Tour2ma: Seattle

Mudfly: Seattle

Answer: The Philadelphia Eagles, who suffered a season-ending injury to QB Carson Wentz at the end of the regular season, rallied around backup Nick Foles and defeated Atlanta (15-10) and Minnesota (38-7) to advance to their third Super Bowl.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I recall struggling trying to figure out who to select, it really felt wide open going into the season, and when 10 of 11 of us select teams that didn't even make the playoffs, it turned out to be prophetic. No one selected the Eagles, so no tasty treat can be handed out.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Seattle and Dallas were selected by six of us, both teams went 9-7 but didn't qualify for the playoffs. Four of us chose Green Bay, whose season was torpedoed by Aaron Rodger's injury, causing them to fall to 7-9, saddling Dutch, Bob806, Coyote and mjp with immeasurable painful shame. :lol:

And thanks to the steelrz for ending the season on an inglorious but still stupid note, too bad NE didn't follow suit -but- it does give us all someone to watch and root against or else it would be a boring party with lots of fat food. 

NFC, eh I guess I can live with Philly over, hmmmmm, nobody?

16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

... a teammate lining up five yards oddsides.

I'm not familiar with the "oddsides" rule.

Fun stuff, Dutch... and funny to boot.

13. Super Bowl Champ?

Flyin J: New England

Dutch Oven: New England

jcam222: Atlanta

Bob806: Green Bay

PoeticG: Cleveland 

Coyote: New England

mjp28: Green Bay

The Gipper: Seattle

gumby73: New England

Tour2ma: New England

Mudfly: Oakland

Answer: The Philadelphia Eagles defeated the New England Patriots 41-33 to win their first Super Bowl in franchise history, and first NFL title since they won back-to-back in 1948-49.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner:  No one predicted an Eagles NFC Title, so obviously no winner here either. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to...  Kevin Hogan's secret lover, of course. 

13 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Thanks to everyone who participated! I was throwing around the idea of doing a draft version of this, I'd love some input on questions for it - I've never done a Dutch's Questions for the Draft. 

NO DON'T DO IT! AHHHHHH! :o

.......on second thought it might be fun, start fights, get someone kicked off. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Thanks to everyone who participated! I was throwing around the idea of doing a draft version of this, I'd love some input on questions for it - I've never done a Dutch's Questions for the Draft. 

#1 Selection, 1st QB taken, most selected position in the first round, Mr. Irrelevant (maybe only ask for position), how many kickers are going to be drafted (I said kickers for fun, maybe that could be asked for many positions), first team trading up (also could be added with whom they trade picks)... 

I tried to put up questions that can be answered objectively, I thought about asking for ugly shoes or surprises, but that kind of stuff might be hard to answer and to judge who won. 

Correct pick 1 point.

Correct trade up or traded picks 2 points?

Grades for maybe R1, R2, R3? Something like that. 

Incorrect pick 0 points

Most points win. We certainly have time to put it together  before the "THREE DAYS IN APRIL!" tournament.......reminds me the March Madness Tournament is coming up, defending champion mjp28 :P

On 2/5/2018 at 8:25 PM, Dutch Oven said:

I'd love some input on questions for it - I've never done a Dutch's Questions for the Draft. 

Nero offered some good ideas for late and overall. I'd focus on Round 1.

• First player selected at each position.
  • Total number taken at a given generic position in Round one, i.e., DB, LB, DL, OL, TE, WR, RB & QB.
  • Positions other than K, P & LS not taken in Rnd 1.

I've got some ideas that might be workable:

- METHOD 1 -

correct position + correct player + correct team = 1 or 3 points, any incorrect = 0 points, round 1, maybe round 2?

- METHOD 2 -

correct position + player + team = 3 points (easier in the top of round 1, gets harder going down)

correct position +player = 1 or 2 points?

correct player + team = 2 points (trades, etc. might move positions )

predict a correct trade 5 points (parameters uncertain there)

all incorrect = 0 points

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eh? Not bad for 4 am. :lol:

31-Life-Changing-Lessons-to-Learn-from-Albert-Einstein.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2018 at 9:25 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Hey Dutch any more thought on a draft questions thread? Inquiring minds want to  know. :huh:

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2018 at 7:14 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Not really, but the Draft is two months away. Got some time. 

Ah ha here it is, I nominate you as the commissioner.......do I have a second? 

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

2nd...

Tick tock, Clarise, tick tock...

All opposed? Nobody. Motion carries. Congratulations Dutch...... you da' man!

........where's the Gipper, he's good at this stuff. Probably in some cave somewhere. :lol:

Archived