THE BROWNS BOARD

The Wizard - Stepping Down

sdballis

Yup.  Great career on the field and in the front office.  I always liked him......even while doing his job for the rats.

I'll never forget how he took candy from a baby.  We were on the clock and Ngata was still there.  And we needed a NT in the WORST way.  I was like, "Yeah baby!  We got him!"  Well, the rats were picking right after us so Ozzie asked us if we wouldn't mind swapping spots so that HE could take Ngata.  Taking candy from a baby.  (we took Wimbley)  

Good for Ozzie he will still be a young 62 when he moves on!

..........Newsome, 61, will remain with the Ravens in some capacity.

"[Newsome] assured me he's not going anywhere and he will work with me and work with Eric for a smooth transition," Bisciotti said at his State of The Ravens press conference. "He will be the highest-paid scout in America when Eric takes over next year."

Newsome was named the Ravens general manager in 2002 and was the key architect of Baltimore's Super Bowl XXXV and Super Bowl XLVII championship teams.

After a 13-year playing career as a tight end in Cleveland, Newsome joined the Browns front office. When the team moved to Baltimore in 1996,    Newsome followed as vice president of player personnel before being elevated to general manager in 2002. Newsome was the first African American general manager in the NFL.

Newsome is credited with building one of the best defenses in NFL history with the selections of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, and Haloti Ngata. During his 22 seasons in charge of Ravens personnel, Newsome acquired 38 Pro Bowlers all 17 All-Pros.

The Ravens have made the playoffs in 10 of Newsome's 22 seasons in the front office. Baltimore also has the fourth-most playoff wins and the second-highest playoff win percentage (.652) under Newsome's watch..........CONTINUED IN LINK.........

And ah-ha more proof the team did move to Baltimore in 1996 !! .......but we already knew that. ;)

Ozzie Newsome sucked. He was a phony. That's what Flugel said.

Back in the day, Flugel said that it was PHIL SEWAGE who was responsible for the Ravens success, and that without PHIL SEWAGE Ozzie would be exposed.

Ozzie played as a Brown, and he retires as a Brown. The real Browns.

D'UH he's not retiring he's just stepping down as GM, ever read anything?

........Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti announced Friday that long-time general manager Ozzie Newsome will step down after the 2018 season. Assistant general manager Eric DeCosta will take over.

Newsome, 61, will remain with the Ravens in some capacity........

Phoney? 

........Newsome is credited with building one of the best defenses in NFL history with the selections of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, and Haloti Ngata. During his 22 seasons in charge of Ravens personnel, Newsome acquired 38 Pro Bowlers all 17 All-Pros.........

Everyone knows that.

Ozzie is and always will be a traitor to Me.. For him to take that job and Sheet on Cleveland was a cardinal sin for me.. Go to hell Ozzie.. And rot with Art...

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Ozzie is and always will be a traitor to Me.. For him to take that job and Sheet on Cleveland was a cardinal sin for me.. Go to hell Ozzie.. And rot with Art...

Along with every other guy who chose employment in Baltimore vs nothing in Cleveland for their prime football years? (plus some gooood crabs!)

33 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Along with every other guy who chose employment in Baltimore vs nothing in Cleveland for their prime football years? (plus some gooood crabs!)

NFL teams were just throwing jobs at black guys in upper management back then too... :lol:

13 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

The "I have to prove I'm more heartless" dynamic around here never ceases to amaze...

This is not about being "heartless".. Its about honor to me.. As a kid who ran into Mr. Newsome often at the local convenient store.. I took it as a slap in the balls to all Browns fans and Clevelanders , that he would sink so low as to work for that scumbag (Art) . When He probably could've gotten a job anywhere... Phuck him!

Archived