THE BROWNS BOARD

The Official OLYMPICS Games site and NBC OLYMPICS site, Feb. 7 to 25, 2018

mjp28

The Official Olympics Games site and NBC Olympics site, Feb. 7 to 25, 2018

The Olympic site: https://www.olympic.org/

The NBC site: http://www.nbcolympics.com/live-stream-schedule#/

The official events schedules, medal count and more right there.

GO USA!

I'm eating Shearer's CHEESE CORN PUFFS popcorn somehow puffed up and some kind of cheese product on them, tasty. (wife's bag)

I'm also switching between the Olympics and Ohio State University at "m" classic football on ESPN. 

Not your daddy's old TV that's for sure......

Watch the Olympics on TV

The Games will be broadcast on NBC, NBCSN and across the networks of NBC Universal. Detailed TV listings are available on NBCOlympics.com

Watch the Olympics online, on mobile devices and on connected TVs

NBCOlympics.com
Every Olympic event will be available to stream live and on-demand on NBCOlympics.com, along with a wide spectrum of highlights and video features. Find the full live stream schedule of all your favorite Winter Olympic events and watch the action live from PyeongChang, South Korea on NBCOlympics.com.

NBC Sports app
Watch on your mobile device, tablet or connected TV by downloading the NBC Sports app, where you'll find every Olympic event available to stream live or on-demand, along with the same immersive library of highlights and video features.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The big issue is the time difference.   S. Korea is like 14 hours ahead of us. 

Right now....as I type this it is about 10:00 AM....but it is already midnight over there.

What's nice is we get their daily programs in our prime time......live, fewer time delays before broadcast, spoilers, etc. BUT it's live TV at times.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

What's nice is we get their daily programs in our prime time......live, fewer time delays before broadcast, spoilers, etc. BUT it's live TV at times.

Well, correct me if I am wrong....but our "Prime Time period:   8-11 PM Eastern, would be like 10:00 to 1:00 the next day, no?

From what I've heard they will broadcast from 8 to 11:30 pm EDT and some late nights here on anything happening there starting at 10 am live their time, there will be some streaming so everything will be viewable plus obvious taped segments where necessary here in the states.

The only time it's perfect is when the Olympics are in your time zone like Atlanta or Brazil.

It's the first Olympic Sunday I clicked on the NBC site to see what was on when....

12 noon Gold Zone DAY 2......if you click on this it goes into great detail on all the stories and even brings up the live streaming feed if you want! 

Gold Zone: Day 2
All the best action from the past 24 hours of the 2018 Winter Olympics, condensed into two quick hours!

Even links to share on Facebook, Twitter, email and more, this is truly the most connected Olympics EVER......as they advertised.

http://stream.nbcolympics.com/gold-zone-day-2

49 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

If you have AT&T UVERSE they have an Olympic Channel 24/7 no commercials.  It's channel 1667 in the Cleveland area.

Yeah welcome to the Millenial World.

Oh that Lindsey Vonn she must be crazy to attack those hills the way she does!

Screenshot_2018-02-14-11-21-08.png

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

NOt sure they are totally stinking it up.....but, yes, other than X games snowboard type sports, they are highly disappointing.

Norway is making a run at the usa's all time winter gold metal wins. Canada is doing well also. 

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Norway is making a run at the usa's all time winter gold metal wins. Canada is doing well also. 

Norway has long past won more Olympic Gold than any other country....including the USA.

In Olympic history  ...not including the current Olympics it is:

Norway   118 Gold  329 total medals

USA  96 Gold  282  total

The Summer Games of course is a different story:

US has won  in history  1022 Gold and 2522   total medals

Next is the now defunct USSR who won 395 Gold and 1010 total   (no doubt many by cheating)

The extant country that is second is Great Britain  263 Gold  849 total.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-time_Olympic_Games_medal_table

There are actually over 200 "countries" that have never won a single medal in an Olympics.  These are mostly smaller nations....a lot of Pacific Islands and the like, but....some bigger countries as well:

Bangla Desh with over 100 million in population has never won even a bronze.

Bolivia, El Salvador, Albania, Cambodia, Madagascar  and others.  See the link above.

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

That USA gold count was in one Olympic game. The true spirit which I love is the little guys who just appreciate being there without a big Olympic committee getting them there with over 200 athletes, it's neat when they can win one metal.

Archived