THE BROWNS BOARD

Pluto on quarterbacks

Westside Steve

This kind of sums it up.... "show me the money"......without discussing the new potential draftees possibilities of making it in the NFL.

3. But a five-year, $137 million contract for Garoppolo? He has seven pro starts. He was behind Brady, so that explains his two starts in New England. The 49ers were afraid to let Garoppolo hit the free-agent market. They could have franchised him, but they didn't want to start a contract war as Washington did with Kirk Cousins.

4. According to ESPN, the first three years are worth about $90 million. So that's about $30 million a year. That's probably where the serious bidding for Kirk Cousins will start. The Browns have the cap room for that, but I think they will go to a lesser veteran and take a rookie QB at the top of the draft.

5. But let's talk draft for a moment. The 2014 draft. Who knew during the draft weekend of 2014 that the NFL's highest-paid player today would be ... Jimmy Garoppolo? He was selected by New England late in the second round ... number 62 overall. Here are the quarterbacks picked in front of him: Blake Bortles (3), Johnny Manziel (22), Teddy Twatwater (32) and Derek Carr (36).

2 minutes ago, Browns1216 said:

i would be ecstatic if the Browns draft Mayfield with the #1 and Fitzpatrick #4, but my gut says they're going Darnold #1 and try to get cute with the #4 by trading down for more picks.

More picks? They have 12 now, it will be tough to draft and keep that many, maybe cut a few for better picks?

.......edit, or keep as is.

Let's not rule out trading for players. Hypothetically, let's say the browns sign McCarron but they still wanted a qb at #1. They take whom they want at 1, but then at #4, they give AZ a call and say your #15 plus Patrick Peterson for the #4 slot. What do you say then? I think it would be a fantastic move. Also, if they sign cousins (no way they take a young qb with their top 2 picks then), now you have all kinds of trade options available. Could be same scenario as above. Maybe they call Buffalo and say, you want your qb, we will give you #4 for #20, #21 and Tre'davious White. Now you just added a stud player plus two first round picks. It could be a win-win. 

This article is another reinforcement of Ghoolie's brilliance. 

Pluto reinforces everything I predicted about the 2018 draft when he says................ "but the Browns will probably take a lesser talent"..........

Here ya go............. afraid to spend money, not participating in the best playmakers, always looking for bargains................ for diamonds in the rough.

Fukcking idiots.

7 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

Let's not rule out trading for players. Hypothetically, let's say the browns sign McCarron but they still wanted a qb at #1. They take whom they want at 1, but then at #4, they give AZ a call and say your #15 plus Patrick Peterson for the #4 slot. What do you say then? I think it would be a fantastic move. Also, if they sign cousins (no way they take a young qb with their top 2 picks then), now you have all kinds of trade options available. Could be same scenario as above. Maybe they call Buffalo and say, you want your qb, we will give you #4 for #20, #21 and Tre'davious White. Now you just added a stud player plus two first round picks. It could be a win-win. 

Yes those would be worth it theoretically, but those teams aren't making those trades, especially Arizona.

9 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

Yes the BROWNS definitely need defensive backfield help. When you're 0-16 you have holes all over luckily this is a talented class and "we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.....and we have 12 draft picks". :lol:

I just hope that they can sign an experienced quarterback before the draft, the suspense is killing me. The needs in no particular order right now:

• Quarterback - I'd prefer an experienced guy if available 
  • Running back - will be big this year and next, a contentious pick R1 or R2?
  • Right tackle - also will Joe T. be gone, probably 
  • Outside linebacker - maybe not highest need
  • Cornerback - at #4 or not?
  • Wide Receiver - right now they're hoping Flash Gordon doesn't fall off the wagon, could use help anyway

Maybe a good thing they have 12 picks afterall.

Archived