THE BROWNS BOARD

Glad we didn't draft Reuben Foster now

htownbrown

2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

The league will stick a nice suspension on him. After they completely screwed the pooch on their handling of Ray Rice, they will over correct from here on out.

"The arrest is the second for Foster in the last month. The 31st overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft was booked on Jan. 13 in Alabama on a possession of marijuana charge and was later released after posting $2,500 bond.

Foster, widely regarded as a top-10 talent in last spring's NFL draft, slid down draft boards because of character and injury concerns. The linebacker was sent home from the NFL Scouting Combine last March for arguing with a hospital worker."

From the article. Forgot about the incident at the Combine. The League can potentially get him on two counts, violence and the weed.  

Foster is a good case study to review what a truly legitimate character concern is versus other players. Compare the concerns of Foster and Manziel vs Rosen and even Mayfield and there's a clear difference.

45 minutes ago, hoorta said:

"The arrest is the second for Foster in the last month. The 31st overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft was booked on Jan. 13 in Alabama on a possession of marijuana charge and was later released after posting $2,500 bond.

Foster, widely regarded as a top-10 talent in last spring's NFL draft, slid down draft boards because of character and injury concerns. The linebacker was sent home from the NFL Scouting Combine last March for arguing with a hospital worker."

From the article. Forgot about the incident at the Combine. The League can potentially get him on two counts, violence and the weed.  

He was also present at the time of a triple homicide where he knew at least one of the guys involved: http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/04/auburn_police_say_alabama_line.html. The flags were just off the rails with this guy.

5 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Foster is a good case study to review what a truly legitimate character concern is versus other players. Compare the concerns of Foster and Manziel vs Rosen and even Mayfield and there's a clear difference.

He was also present at the time of a triple homicide where he knew at least one of the guys involved: http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/04/auburn_police_say_alabama_line.html. The flags were just off the rails with this guy.

Or, as Bill Parcells says:   It was May Day in Moscow with him.

......"We take matters of this nature seriously and are gathering all pertinent information." :blush:

Ever notice how almost every company, employer, network, PR person, team, whomever all say the same things initally? Must be right out of the "our guy screwed up" playbook, step 1.

Foster maybe the only thing going wrong in 9'ersville but wish the Browns could draft like the Saints last season..with 7 picks,3 starters CB Latimore,RT Ramczyk,FS M.Williams..4 picks direct back-up's(2's) RB Kamara,LB A.Anzalone,L&R DE T.Hendrickson,AQ.Muhammad..your lucky if ya hit on 3 per draft..1st look, thought 9'ers nailed the draft..not now

On 2/12/2018 at 2:04 PM, jrb12711 said:

Great post, and I agree completely.

Well, the 'getting kicked out of the combine thing'  was a huge flag..... let's hope that the diluted piss test for Peppers was simply a case of actually drinking too much water, and not a foreshadowing of what's coming. 

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

Great post, and I agree completely.

Well, the 'getting kicked out of the combine thing'  was a huge flag..... let's hope that the diluted piss test for Peppers was simply a case of actually drinking too much water, and not a foreshadowing of what's coming. 

I'm not concerned about Peppers as he never gave off vibes of being "trouble" as Foster has. We don't know yet what the future may bring but, at this point, Peppers & Foster appear to be two very different types of individuals. I'm still a Peppers Fan.

Mike

Sometimes people do "get it" after they had trouble growing up...but most of the time if they are bad character guys in school they are bad character as adults. Players like Foster can't stay out of trouble in college with roommates, professors, and coaches watching their every move. Then why would you pay them millions of dollars in a big city,  turn them loose on their own, and expect some dramatic character change??? You can't hide whats inside

Kids today are just WORSE, more disrespectful, lack social skills and grace (24/7 internet?), lazier as a group, no work ethic compared to everyone since 1700......anything else?

I wouldn't want to be a cop, teacher, coach or anyone else that has to deal with them.

NOTE: THAT'S NOT ALL KIDS just an increasingly bad group, many like to also just go into schools and see how many other young people they can murder lIke its a video game.......just sayin'.

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Kids today are just WORSE, more disrespectful, lack social skills and grace (24/7 internet?), lazier as a group, no work ethic compared to everyone since 1700......anything else?

I wouldn't want to be a cop, teacher, coach or anyone else that has to deal with them.

NOTE: THAT'S NOT ALL KIDS just an increasingly bad group, many like to also just go into schools and see how many other young people they can murder lIke its a video game.......just sayin'.

You forgot to start with "Back in my day" and end with "Now get off my lawn!" :lol:

On 2/15/2018 at 6:25 PM, Dutch Oven said:

You forgot to start with "Back in my day" and end with "Now get off my lawn!" :lol:

And I had to walk 5 miles to school in the snow.......and turn down that devil's music dammit!

11 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

And I had to walk 5 miles to school in the snow.......and turn down that devil's music dammit!

Well oh yeah! I had to walk through bushmaster infested jungle to get to my first school in Venezuela. But I did carry a machete. ;)

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well oh yeah! I had to walk through bushmaster infested jungle to get to my first school in Venezuela. But I did carry a machete. ;)

Quoting Tommy Smothers?  :lol: Funny memories.

Mike

25 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And I yelled, "Fire!" when I fell into a big vat of chocolate, because no one would come if I yelled "Chocolate!".:D

"Mom always liked you best!"

Mike

Archived