THE BROWNS BOARD

No this doesn't go in the NBA board

Westside Steve

52 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

that's sissy cheapshot - being a black person in the limelight, and calling anybody who is white and disagrees with him "racist".

Playing the "race card" card is many, many times worse since obaMao made it a national scourge outbreak all by himself and his corrupt big mouth, and actions.

Ingraham has made this point for years that entertainers should focus on doing what they are paid to do and not inject their politics into it . She wrote a book years ago called "Shut up and sing" making that point. James and Durant didn't like what she said for them to"shut up and dribble"and I have no problem with them coming back at Ingraham except don't claim racism about it. It was not a racist comment but liberals find racism everywhere that less keen eyes see it and pick up the "code words" and "dog whistles" less keen eyes and ears miss. James was a big Hillary supporter who like many other Hillary supporters seems to have problems coming to grips with she lost and Trump won. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I saw that

The point being fox News doesn't care that an athlete or celebrity is making political comments. They care what those political comments are. It's plain as day

Actually Laura Ingraham show is a political commentary show. The target audience is of a particular political leaning just like every show of its kind. More to reinforce the set of beliefs held by the target audience than to influence.

That's why lbj's semi literate bloviating fits so well.

WSS

I think calling LeBron James stupid because, and I'm only assuming that the rumors are true from people who went to school with him, he could barely read and write but didn't need to because he had a rare gift for bouncing a ball. Granted nobody has to be a rocket scientist to be a millionaire but kids, if you aren't one of the greatest basketball players of all time it would help to be literate. Regardless of your politics.

I have heard first-hand accounts of him being an absolute Punk harassing wait staff and restaurant people with his posse. But that's cool I guess because well, there was slavery back in the 18 hundreds.

WSS

7 minutes ago, Richiswhere said:

......and yet you can't stop talking about him and you will continue to talk about him because he means everything to you

Gee whiz rich sorry to upset you. I'm not much of a basketball fan and I don't really like mr. James from what I've heard personally. As far as politics I don't care for a lot of political talk just because I feel it alienates at least a portion of their potential fans. Maybe that's a little hypocritical because I'm somewhat outspoken here but this is a pretty small circle.

WSS

On 2/17/2018 at 5:08 PM, Richiswhere said:

Dude WTF is wrong with you? Man i just gave you Lebron twitter page he didn't tweet anything but #wewillnotshutupanddribble you can plainly see it for yourself yet you keep on posting what isn't true.

wait. They didn't tweet their comments - they said them in an interview? and they tweeted the "hashtag" ?

and ignorant lebong James says they are too important to ...society? LOL LOL LOL LOL. That is SO stupid.

Truth is, LeBong - you are too much in the limelight in sports news (and you got millions, right) that you THINK you are a world political icon.

nope. I'd be happy to see LeBong leave and go somewhere else.

He does mean a lot to a lot of kids. A lot of people.

Putting his tail between his legs and walking away cuz the conservative talk show host doesn't agree with what he says would send a bad message

(That is if you agree that everyone should have a voice on political issues, not just conservative voices. I feel like that will be missed by some on here...)

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

He does mean a lot to a lot of kids. A lot of people.

Putting his tail between his legs and walking away cuz the conservative talk show host doesn't agree with what he says would send a bad message

(That is if you agree that everyone should have a voice on political issues, not just conservative voices. I feel like that will be missed by some on here...)

Maybe " the president is out to get you" is what you consider a proper lesson for kids. Blame the white man.

I'm sure you were cheering for Ted Nugent.

WSS

19 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Maybe " the president is out to get you" is what you consider a proper lesson for kids. Blame the white man.

I'm sure you were cheering for Ted Nugent.

WSS

Oh, I can play this game too...

"shut up black kid. You're only good to dribble a ball and you have no voice in America. Your problems and opinions don't matter"

Ignoring the fact that "the president is out to get you" was literally the theme of this board under Obama....

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

"shut up black kid. You're only good to dribble a ball and you have no voice in America. Your problems and opinions don't matter"

Ignoring the fact that "the president is out to get you" was literally the theme of this board under Obama....

It isn't that he is black - he's a very rich basketball player who thinks he's a political darth vader of America, and runs his mouth.

He was a staunch higgardly supporter and is just po'd he lost the election and LeBong James wants to use his athletics to talk for all black folks.  Why, Real America would imagine Oopsrah Windfree had her hand up his butt and yapping for him.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Because you don't have much sense of forethought or anything else you compare the handful of people on this board to actual politicians and celebrities. But again if a famous white athlete was telling white children in Appalachia that Obama was out to get them and they couldn't succeed because of his racism..... I'm sure you understand but you will still want to bitch.

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Because you don't have much sense of forethought or anything else you compare the handful of people on this board to actual politicians and celebrities. But again if a famous white athlete was telling white children in Appalachia that Obama was out to get them and they couldn't succeed because of his racism..... I'm sure you understand but you will still want to bitch.

WSS

Well having any real history to back yo this claims would be a good start. More so than "Hey, the first black president is racist towards white people.... Wink wink nudge nudge"

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I forgot. Black people can't do anything wrong. You know slavery and all. 

WSS

Not what I said. Or even close. So I see this will go no where

For someone who doesn't like the race card, you made this discussion about race real fast

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

It won't go anywhere because you're a moron and specifically reacted with incredulity that the first black president could ever possibly be racist.

Because racism is your go-to Boogeyman.

WSS

Wrong and wrong... 

If you can tell me where I said the first black president couldn't possibly be racist, please show me. 

I don't think you were following along.

Your incessant need to argue has completely detailed this though. Part of me thinks you're clever enough to pull this strategy out when you know you can't debate the topic. But who knows. 

End of the day. Biased political sources care about what the celebrity/athlete say, not whether or not they're a celebrity/athlete

Archived