THE BROWNS BOARD

Here come the Bills...

Bigalow80

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

This is exactly the type of draft in which to trade back the #4 for the kind of haul the Bills can and would pony up... short on elites, but with depth where they exist and long on near-elites.

QB at #1.

Fitz and Chubb are near-elites to my eye. In Fitz's case that only applies to projecting him at FS, because he is clearly not the best CB in the Draft Class. And as a FS there are alternatives on his heels. Not the case with Chubb, however, his route to the top is a combo of good to very good skills vs. run and pass, and an absolute dearth of Edge talent in this class... especially at 4-3 DE.

Barkley? Even if I concede that he is "elite", which I think is debatable, I maintain that there is more than adequate, high quality depth through round 2 to make you forget him. Then there's the fact that this is not the 60's when Jim Brown played every Offensive snap of every game. The RB position simply does not merit the weight to be a foundational building block.

The #12 puts you in the mix for players like Denzel Ward (top CB), Derwin James (top FS), DaRon Payne (top 3-tech), Vander Esche (#2 LB... but my #1).

The #22 puts you in position for DJ Moore (top WR), Connor Williams (top OT), plus #2s at OLB and CB.

The 53? Nice ammo to move one of the other, earlier R2 picks back up into R1 depending on how the draft developed.

the BIlls need a QB I would also ask for next years #1

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

This is exactly the type of draft in which to trade back the #4 for the kind of haul the Bills can and would pony up... short on elites, but with depth where they exist and long on near-elites.

QB at #1.

Fitz and Chubb are near-elites to my eye. In Fitz's case that only applies to projecting him at FS, because he is clearly not the best CB in the Draft Class. And as a FS there are alternatives on his heels. Not the case with Chubb, however, his route to the top is a combo of good to very good skills vs. run and pass, and an absolute dearth of Edge talent in this class... especially at 4-3 DE.

Barkley? Even if I concede that he is "elite", which I think is debatable, I maintain that there is more than adequate, high quality depth through round 2 to make you forget him. Then there's the fact that this is not the 60's when Jim Brown played every Offensive snap of every game. The RB position simply does not merit the weight to be a foundational building block.

The #12 puts you in the mix for players like Denzel Ward (top CB), Derwin James (top FS), DaRon Payne (top 3-tech), Vander Esche (#2 LB... but my #1).

The #22 puts you in position for DJ Moore (top WR), Connor Williams (top OT), plus #2s at OLB and CB.

The 53? Nice ammo to move one of the other, earlier R2 picks back up into R1 depending on how the draft developed.

Worth consideration...certainly....when you lay out those options.

Archived