THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns agressively pursuing LT Nate Solder

Kvoethe

Personally I have used the slightly more tasteful analogy of brushing your teeth with "the other hand", but the message is the same...

It's not easy to flip sides of the OL.

Armando SalgueroVerified account @ArmandoSalguero

Josh Sitton just said playing RG instead of familiar LG is like "trying to wipe your butt with the other hand."

9:22 AM - 16 Mar 2018

8 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Any chance (or danger) that we take  Nelson if he’s there at #4 and kick Bitonio out to LT? 

Addressed this a couple times now... try to keep up... ;)

You may remember I championed Bito as our best backup for Joe early in Joel's career, his first couple seasons, but not last year. Last year I thought flipping Shon C. was the way to go with Drango backfilling Shon. I just felt injuries had taken enough out of Joel's movement to put him on the edge. While we did not flip Shon, neither did we slide out Bito so we clearly thought neither was the better option. So I think that ship has sailed.

As for Nelson...there has been some talk that he may be the best LT candidate in this draft, but I think that's more a product of the lack of talent in this OT class. Personally I don't see it. While he could do a good job at LT he has generational potential inside.

I think Shon is our guy, but would not be shocked if we tabbed another prospect like Pittsburgh's Oneill in the 2nd or TCU's Noteboom early on Day 3. Obviously the earlier the move the less comfort there is with Shon. Whereas whether we tab a prospect late depends on our view of Rod Johnson and other OT projects currently rostered, Salako and Schneider.

1 hour ago, JimboJones said:

LT Duane Brown might be available.  Would you guys trade #64 for him to replace JT?

I'm with Logic here... plus (and I know this comment is usually reserved for QBs) next year's OT class looks to be among the strongest groups in that Draft.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'm with Logic here... plus (and I know this comment is usually reserved for QBs) next year's OT class looks to be among the strongest groups in that Draft.

I'm usually against trading a high pick for older guys, but it's so hard to find Pro Bowl Left Tackles these days and we've got so many high picks this year with a ton of cap room.  It'd be nice to have a solid OL for the new QB's and RB's to play behind to gain confidence.

If we can get a couple good seasons out of Brown (maybe more if he's got what Whitworth has in the tank) and draft an OT this year or in the strong draft class next year, it'd give the young guy a season or two or three to develop and take over for Duane Brown once father time hits.

Kinda on the fence with it though....

Archived