THE BROWNS BOARD

From nobody to the top of the first round of the draft - Josh Allen

calfoxwc

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Even if I wasn't I'm not sure why we aren't supposed to like Saquan Barkley.

Just like the Derrick Anderson backlash from Lumbergh ... as long as Barkley isn't a Steeler or Raven ... I've got nothing against him. Hate the poster, but why the player?

Twatwater said he didn't want to play in Cleveland, that's when he became Twatwater.

Zombo

Cal OT alert!!!  :) 

I'm OK with Barkley at #4, though he's about my 3rd choice there. I sure don't hate him, hope he does well in the NFL, and should we draft him, I'll hope he has a HOF career. His YAC is what concerns me Z. Problem is Po's Man-crush is SO over the top, it's got a lot of the guys hoping we don't draft him. 

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Zombo said:

Twatwater said he didn't want to play in Cleveland, that's when he became Twatwater.

Zombo

Somethings in the Twatwater :o..in 2015 WR Kevin White from West Vagina:)..Was a WR the Browns had targeted but his MaMa put out a media story not wanting her son to be drafted by Cleveland...Since..1.) 2015,stress fracture shin,insert steel rod 2.) 2016,same leg,broke Fibula 3.) 2017,broke left shoulder blade....maybe his mama should have played?  

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You really need to see a psychiatrist because you are becoming paranoid schizophrenic about Rosen. I mention Rosen because he was in that list of people that list of Quarterbacksthat were compared to other past quarterbackst's. That is why I mentioned Rosen . I talked about every single other QB that's up for draft this year 

nothing paranoid, just having fun bashing your smartass stupid buttinski crap. lol the point is, you mentioned him, and have a nice day. I do not hate rosen. tell ya what, you quit saying I hate rosen, and I'll quit saying hoorta is rosen's biggest fan.:rolleyes:

It was fun, but boring now. Judge not, lest you be judged an idiot. Hoorta was unhappy to read rosen's name mentioned again and again in the Allen thread that I STARTED. Have a nice day, and be vewy, vewy quiet - lest everybody finds out you may have a  short-term memory problemo. tenor.gif?itemid=5660800

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think Cal has had too much pesticides going to his brain. He is acting like Scrooge seen the ghost of Marley every time the name Rosen is mentionedI think Cal has had too much pesticides going to his brain. He is acting like Scrooge seen the ghost of Marley every time the name Rosen is mentioned

I grow organic, manic. You are repeating yourself again. not good, methinks.

31 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I have heard you can plant certain plants that are noxious to critters (bugs) around your main garden produce that will keep them away. Do you do that?

I know it's off topic but it's interesting. You can answer on the thread "over there".

15 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

wait - it's okay - if he's brought up by your little political favorites. oopsies.

What honing a persecution complex to a knife's edge looks like.

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Cal OT alert!!!  :) 

I'm OK with Barkley at #4, though he's about my 3rd choice there. I sure don't hate him, hope he does well in the NFL, and should we draft him, I'll hope he has a HOF career. His YAC is what concerns me Z. Problem is Po's Man-crush is SO over the top, it's got a lot of the guys hoping we don't draft him. 

Yes....that is pretty much it.  The slobbering and drooling over him by Po...and the same for Allen by Cal....is mainly what has me somewhat, irrationally perhaps, opposed to the Browns taking those guys. 

I mean...I truly have no favorites among these top 4 QBs....

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

nothing paranoid, just having fun bashing your smartass stupid buttinski crap. lol the point is, you mentioned him, and have a nice day. I do not hate rosen. tell ya what, you quit saying I hate rosen, and I'll quit saying hoorta is rosen's biggest fan.:rolleyes:

The POINT is,...I did NOT mention him.    I simply quoted someone else's mention of his name....and you went ape shite stupid over it.

It was fun, but boring now.

Well.....you are just now getting round to being bored?  The rest of us have been bored by your orgasms over Allen and your hate of Rosen, Rosen, Rosen....for months now.

Judge not, lest you be judged an idiot.

It IS actually my job to Judge. And I do not judge you to be an idiot.   A poor, lost, demented soul perhaps.

Imagine this:  The Browns pick Rosen....and you undergo a Scrooge like redemption process.  Instead of having to be taken away in a strait jacket and shot up with Thorzine,  you discover enlightenment and the glories of having Josh Rosen as your starting QB!!  (of course...the thorzine is the more likely fate for you in that situation)

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

How many times do I have to tell everyone that my phone does that for some reason.  And I don't know why...and no one else seems to have an explanation.

Well I checked around quickly, a few thoughts:

Some think it's a tower problem, most have no idea -and-

SOLVED ... 
So I got rid of my repeat messages today.
I didn't want to hard reset, which was the final verdict from one support person (not technical) at Sprint.
So I thought, what's hard reset going to do? Stop services, remove apps? So after resetting the phone, I went into Settings>Application Settings and cleared cache on the messaging, and the Google hangouts' apps. Then I went into ALL and found running services for messaging, hangouts ... basically all the services running and stopped each one, leaving only my keyboard and services apps - the only two that didn't have options to close.
After all services were stopped, I restarted the phone.

I was consistently getting the repeat message right after restart, just as the external SD was mounted.
Not this time. 

I got a bunch of missed texts, but not the one that was repeating.

WOOHOOO!!!! 12-28-2013 11:51 PM
Hmmmmmm?

26 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Well I checked around quickly, a few thoughts:

Some think it's a tower problem, most have no idea -and-

SOLVED ... 
So I got rid of my repeat messages today.
I didn't want to hard reset, which was the final verdict from one support person (not technical) at Sprint.
So I thought, what's hard reset going to do? Stop services, remove apps? So after resetting the phone, I went into Settings>Application Settings and cleared cache on the messaging, and the Google hangouts' apps. Then I went into ALL and found running services for messaging, hangouts ... basically all the services running and stopped each one, leaving only my keyboard and services apps - the only two that didn't have options to close.
After all services were stopped, I restarted the phone.

I was consistently getting the repeat message right after restart, just as the external SD was mounted.
Not this time. 

I got a bunch of missed texts, but not the one that was repeating.

WOOHOOO!!!! 12-28-2013 11:51 PM
Hmmmmmm?Hmmmmmm?Hmmmmmm?Hummmmmm?

Huh?:lol:

how many times do I have to tell you that I think they will draft Darnold.

But I would draft Allen.

as for double dip text gip -

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Support/Sending-text-messages-twice/td-p/14129527

it explains that you are double-tapping with your penis, and to start typing with your fingers.

Remember when Rosen said something to the effect that he'd rather be taken lower by a better-run franchise than higher by a poor one?

So I'm leafing through a draft rag I picked up a while ago (Lindy's Sports) and in it was a "Spotlight" on Josh Allen... a short interview with the young lad. I found one question and answer extremely interesting considering what was said about Rosen and him not wanting to go the Browns specifically...

Interviewer: If the Browns (or any other team) passed you over, what would you say to them?

Allen: It's not about going as high as possible, it is about going as high as possible to the right team. 

On 4/17/2018 at 6:05 PM, calfoxwc said:

nah - just realizing that gipper is a dickhead. It's just obvious.

So, it seems the rumors about you being a snowflake are completely true?  

Can't take a little friendly jostling?   Or...did the transvestite thing strike too close to home? 

I would not recommend then that you ever appear on "drop the mic"

mic-drop-gif-7.gif

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/23/16924462/josh-rosen-cleveland-browns-nfl-draft-2018

Josh Allen is the quarterback who WANTS to be drafted by the C

At the Senior Bowl on Tuesday, Josh Allen told reporters something that you don’t often hear.

“I want to be the guy that turns around the Cleveland Browns,” he said.

While that could indicate he’d like to be the top pick in the draft, Allen said, “It’s not about going as high as possible,” he said. “It’s about the right fit.”

To be fair, that’s true. The Browns could still take Allen with the No. 4 pick in the draft. Though you might imagine if they feel he could be the one, they’d be inclined to take him No. 1 overall, since they let Deshaun Watson go to the Texans last year, and traded the No. 2 overall pick in 2016 to the Eagles, which was used on Carson Wentz.

For what it’s worth, ESPN’s Mel Kiper does indeed have the Browns taking him with the top pick. But there’s more to it than just that.

He might be the only QB in the draft who actually wants to play for the Browns.

Allen’s comments come after there have been reports in the past few months that both Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen don’t want to play for the Browns.

A report in November from The MMQB’s Albert Breer said that Darnold would want to see who had the top pick or two in the NFL draft, because if it was the Browns he would want to stay. Darnold ended up declaring for the draft anyway. In Dan Kadar’s latest mock draft, he had Darnold going to ... the Cleveland Browns.

In late December, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that Rosen had doubts about declaring for the draft if there was a chance the Browns were going to take him, with the franchise not being stable and having started 28 quarterbacks since 1999.

At the very least, we know that Allen would like to. “Given an opportunity of being able to go to Cleveland and help change the culture there and be a part of a really good team... They’re a young team, so they’re going to be really good in the next coming years. They’re doing the right things with their new GM,” he said via NFL.com.

”To get the opportunity to go there and kind of be the guy would be special, but like I said, they’re going to do what’s best for the franchise.”

He’s been exuding confidence since arriving in Mobile.

Allen compared his confidence to a pair of all-time great quarterbacks. “Looking back at guys like [Brett] Favre and [Aaron] Rodgers, they’re not afraid to put it in any spot on the field,” Allen said. “I’ve got kind of the same [gunslinger] mindset.”

But he also wants teams to understand what type of person he is both on and off the field.

“I want them to know that I can understand football terminology. Obviously coming from Wyoming and not playing against the greatest competition week in and week out, I don’t think that has anything to do with football IQ. And I want them to understand that I have a high football IQ and I love this game.

“If there is one thing about me, I do love the game of football and this is the only thing I’ve ever wanted for my entire life – to be an NFL quarterback.”

And let’s be real — you have to be one confident football player to want to play for the Browns after the past 18 seasons and 28 quarterbacks in front of you.  

He also said Monday on 92.3 The Fan, “Stats are for losers and the one thing I’d like to point out, while at Wyoming, we won games and I definitely think that’s how quarterbacks are judged in the NFL.” Mel Kiper also said something similar.

Wyoming never won more than eight games while he was quarterback. But at the same time, they never won more than five dating back to 2012, so he was part of a turnaround in Laramie.

And while he’s been confident in his abilities, he’s also realistic when it comes to his game. “It’s a tough situation obviously to come in as a rookie and expect to be perfect right away,” he said. “I know that I have a lot of flaws as a quarterback.”

The Browns went 0-16 last season and will have a new offensive coordinator in Todd Haley. Haley’s going to be Hue Jackson’s first offensive coordinator since being in Cleveland.

Whether or not you’re a fan of Allen’s game, to hear a player want to play for the Cleveland Browns is entertaining. How he performs at the Senior Bowl and NFL Combine could either help or hurt his case in trying to be the player that turns around the NFL’s longest-suffering franchise.

Archived