THE BROWNS BOARD

Here's a guy who knows NFL success

Westside Steve

16 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/31/ryan-leaf-top-qb-should-pull-an-eli-manning-to-avoid-the-browns/

Thanks for the information. Next up mr. Ponzi will lecture us on investment strategy.

WSS

Especially when Mayfield said he'd love to be the guy to turn the Browns around. The others have already said they're cool with Cleveland if they get drafted here. 

Even though I agree with to an extent with what Ryan's saying, this team is far more improved than we've been since '99.  Do I think if Couch was here today he would have been great, absolutely (with the right coach).  This goes to show how little Ryan knows about this team.  I'll comment on Ryan's thoughts after the season.  

23 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

Even though I agree with to an extent with what Ryan's saying, this team is far more improved than we've been since '99.

I can't go that far. We've been "far more improved" on paper many times before and have translated that promise to the field only a couple times.

I think Mayfield is the guy who needs to be #1 the most... such is his ego. And when he's not called first, he'll use it to fuel his drive... a/k/a be the chip on his shoulder. Point is if that means he has to go to CLE, then he could care less.

Leaf's point is looking objectively at Darnold's situation as the likely #1 is that CLE is a place to avoid. Given recent history, Hue and other factors it's hard to not see his point. And the big "other factor" I see is the explosive potential I see in the Jackson-Haley relationship... and I am not saying that in a good way.

Only thing I'd add is that I don't see the quiet-spoken Darnold enjoying life in the presence of the NYC press... but then again Eli has survived it for years.

As much as Mr. Leaf has been a total screw up in his professional and personal life he has a point. Why do you think they get virtually ZERO interest from any even overpaid underperforming potential decent FA quarterbacks?  (A. Smith, even Cousins?)

NOW that said 2018 looks like it maybe the best shot for the team, fans, the world since, hmmmmmmmmmm let's see.......Bernie was quarterback? 

Hey load another QB in the breech and FIRE baby! 

........it won't be long now, until they win a game, geeeezzzz I'm a cynical old bastard. :lol:

GO BROWNS! 

22 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Leaf's point is looking objectively at Darnold's situation as the likely #1 is that CLE is a place to avoid. Given recent history, Hue and other factors it's hard to not see his point. And the big "other factor" I see is the explosive potential I see in the Jackson-Haley relationship... and I am not saying that in a good way.

I think Leaf is looking at how the Browns has done since '99, not just Hue.  And we haven't drafted a QB and let him learn from a proven starter since '99.  This is a huge change not to mention we have the #1, #4, and 3 #2.  So tell me since '99, which team have we had that could compete with this FA and potential draft? 

4 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

I think Leaf is looking at how the Browns has done since '99, not just Hue.  And we haven't drafted a QB and let him learn from a proven starter since '99.  This is a huge change not to mention we have the #1, #4, and 3 #2.  So tell me since '99, which team have we had that could compete with this FA and potential draft? 

First, that it is "not just Hue" is probably why I said, "Given recent history, Hue and other factors..."

Teams that could compete with our burgeoning paper tiger? Well clearly the 10-6 team in 2006 and Davis' pinnacle 2002 team. Hard to go much further due to not knowing the draft, but since we know the QB is a non-factor, then I'd also make the case for Pet's overachieving 2014 squad and Mangini's underachieving 2010 team.

20 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

First, that it is "not just Hue" is probably why I said, "Given recent history, Hue and other factors..."

Teams that could compete with our burgeoning paper tiger? Well clearly the 10-6 team in 2006 and Davis' pinnacle 2002 team. Hard to go much further due to not knowing the draft, but since we know the QB is a non-factor, then I'd also make the case for Pet's overachieving 2014 squad and Mangini's underachieving 2010 team.

And I'd still argue that we're in a better position today with our FAs and draft picks.  Not to mention a much younger team.  Now, granted we had Winslow Jr, Jurevicious,  Edwards, Cribbs, and Anderson, I'd still argue that this team is in better shape, unless we completely blow our draft picks.  

On 3/31/2018 at 12:22 PM, hoorta said:

Especially when Mayfield said he'd love to be the guy to turn the Browns around. The others have already said they're cool with Cleveland if they get drafted here. 

Larry, are you that fukcing stupid? Really, are you that fukcing stupid?

The ONLY dumb fukcker dumb enough to DIS the team with the #1 pick is homosexual Myles Garrett. And the only ones stupid enough to take a guy who begged to play elsewhere is the Browns.

Of COURSE these kids are going to say in public that they would LOVE TO TURN THE BROWNS AROUND............................. But there ain't a fuking QB in the draft that hopes the Browns take them. Seriously dude, what kind of goofball world do you live in?  NOBODY in their right fukcing mind wants to be drafted to play QB in Clevalnd. In fact, one of the top QB prospects already said he didn't want to play in Shitstain town.

Don't be surprised dude, LAMAR....Black Tarkenton4. THe only QBs this team can get. The Schidt guys.

4 hours ago, boo fagley said:

The bust QBs were already dead when they got to the Browns. Leaf should STFU.

Which QB left Cleveland and went on to be a franchise QB with a new team? 

Sooner or later the Browns QB luck will change draft wise.

Len Dawson... two generations ago...

20 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Only two?

The amount of talent the Browns let go during that time period was staggering.

Lombardi must have had naked pictures of Paul Brown humping a sheep.

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

There you go. Almost 50 years ago. 

The bad QBs never should have been drafted in the 1st place, but when youre desperate to win, you do desperate things.

Hey careful there I graduated high school 50 years ago this year........and get off my lawn dammit. And shut that damm door we're not heating the outdoors too, 

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

Archived