THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Exec says THIS scenario where Browns trade out of one isn’t crazy

LionOfBuddha

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

To me it is as much about priorities.    RB is not a huge priority for the Browns at this point...imo....such that we can bypass other....perhaps as good or better players...at positions of greater need and/or impact.  We have a Mr. Inside and a Mr. Outside.   Hyde and Duke.   I tell you from what I recall Carlos Hyde had as good or better college career as did Barkley. 

Of course, we will take the QB.....but beyond that I see a  DB or a DL as being something that we can use more.   I would not mind having Barkley...and if we get him I hope he is the second coming of Leroy Kelly (no one should be so foolish to say the second coming of Jim Brown)....but if we had another major stud DL  (I want our own version of the Fearsome Foursome)....or another  Ronnie Lott or Deion Sanders......it would serve us better.

Nothing is ever a priority for the Browns. EVERYTHING can wait until the foundation is first built. THEN.............. once we add the foundation we can go after playmakers. Isn't that what we wasted a fukcking #1 on Joe Thomas for? Yeah, man............. he was a need.............foundation.............. a player to build on..............the caulksucker was such a failure and a dud, nobody here can name a single fukcing offensive analytical that improved when he came, OR declined when he left.

The Browns are in position to take a QB AND Barkley.  It doesn't matter if the Browns THINK they don't need a RB. They don't HAVE a RB, nor do we have any depandable, stellar WRs. If the Browns don't take Barkley at #1, he will be gone by #4. Sadly, IF the Browns take Barkley at #1, they will trade #4 and Hue will have two... COUNT EM TWO............black Tarkentons in his QB tank. 

I hope they take Darnold, but if they do, they will find a way to trade away the #4, and everyone here will be saying " oh, there was nobody worth the #4 pick. Every year, the players are not good enough for our high picks. So we sign schidt and go 0 - 16 . 

Why do the Browns even bother to draft anyone? Why not just keep trading down and amassing assets for the future? Isn't that what we do best? Which one of you jackoffs said " This is what a rebuild looks like".

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, syd said:

hey man did your case of the herpes finally clear up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i'm just a concerned poster is all

Off all the things you can post about, you are concerned about my penis?

Just curious, if I had herpes, how would you come to know that I had them? Your wife? You? Certainly I have not posted about my having herpes so the only way you could even ponder that I might have them is if you knew who I was porking, and you knew they had herpes.

This is not the first time you have posted your concerns about my penis. YOU.............are a homo.

On 4/11/2018 at 5:29 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

I just don't see it.

This is kind of the problem in Cleveland, isn't it Tex? We never "see" the right guys to draft. Oh, I do, but in general, the Browns don't. Garett and Dropsey boy last year? And we could have had Trubisky? Imagine that, Trubisky in town, and a #1 and #4 to get weapons this year.

Barley is the pick of the draft. Trubisky was the pick of the draft. Goff and Wenz were the picks of the draft.

The Browns do not participate in drafting the best players, and have 100% without exception refused to take playmakers. 

When you think of Zumba, what do you see? Missed tackle after missed tackle on running plays, injuries, admission that he doesn't play hard on every down, and a self-imposed vacation due to a fantasy concussion. What do you think of when you envision Coleman? Dropped pass after dropped pass. A chance to beat the Steelers, a perfectly thrown ball............... he drops it and what do browns fans say...........?????? "That idiot Kizer could have run". LMAO. This is not just the worst franchise in the history of the NFL, Browns fans are without a doubt, the dumbest fuucking fans on the face of the planet.

The team doesn't have one playmaker, Gordon sure as hell isn't a top reciever. SO yeah, draft Darnold, and let him throw to nobody.

The Browns need to trade next years #1, along with Garrett and Coleman and with #1, #2, and #4(or 5) gor QB, Barkely and WR. nything else, is another blown, wasted draft.

Tom-this is the best RB in the draft. 7.9 ypc and good hands the few times they threw to him. But they will have to trade up around 20 or so to get him in the 1st. Take a better D player @ #4 and make the trade for Michel. Best 3rd down back out there.

21 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

So basically you've missed a lot of great RB prospects? ;)

Both your comps trucked defenders in college... DBs and LBs. Don't see that from Barky... at most see him run thru arm-tackles... usually by DBs.

Plus if he turned out to be Alexander...

For me even if the talent is undeniable (debateable), the positional value is not there and the fall off to the next best options is not that great. The latter amplified by the platoon-ibility of the position.

First of all, I only pimp one or two prospects a year, I don't pretend to be any kind of expert, I don't go back and watch tape, etc., I just see one or two guys that I think will be excellent pros and that's "my guy" ... so I haven't missed a lot of RB prospects, because I'm not evaluating prospects in the normal fashion. I don't participate in the mock drafts, because I'm not studying guys past the Browns first round ...

You want someone to "truck" defenders, you've got Carlos Hyde on a nice three year deal.  You want to score touchdowns, exploits seams, force defenses to cover the gaps and put their best pass defenders on a running back .. then what you've got there is a playmaker named Barkley.

Alexander was a late-first round draft prospect that I liked ... that ran for 10,000 yards and helped Matt Hasslebeck to the Super Bowl. Barkley is THE best prospect in this draft ... BPA ... different animal.

This "Positional value" argument is so 2014. Before Leonard Fournette, Zeke Elliot, and Todd Gurley got drafted in the Top Ten, blazed through NFL defense and got their teams back in the playoffs.

Yes, good RBs can be found later. A great one is staring us in the face.

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

First of all, I only pimp one or two prospects a year, I don't pretend to be any kind of expert, I don't go back and watch tape, etc., I just see one or two guys that I think will be excellent pros and that's "my guy" ... so I haven't missed a lot of RB prospects, because I'm not evaluating prospects in the normal fashion. I don't participate in the mock drafts, because I'm not studying guys past the Browns first round ...

You want someone to "truck" defenders, you've got Carlos Hyde on a nice three year deal.  You want to score touchdowns, exploits seams, force defenses to cover the gaps and put their best pass defenders on a running back .. then what you've got there is a playmaker named Barkley.

Alexander was a late-first round draft prospect that I liked ... that ran for 10,000 yards and helped Matt Hasslebeck to the Super Bowl. Barkley is THE best prospect in this draft ... BPA ... different animal.

This "Positional value" argument is so 2014. Before Leonard Fournette, Zeke Elliot, and Todd Gurley got drafted in the Top Ten, blazed through NFL defense and got their teams back in the playoffs.

Zombo

Z this is the best group of RBs in one draft for years, any of which could be that guy you look for. Take a defender early and a RB later. All of these guys are excellent at setting up and firing off blocks. None of them run up the OL tailpipe like Crow tended to do. We will have a far better running game with any of several available. It's not a deal-breaker to pass on Barkley.

"So 2014?" lol...

Zeke and Leonard were final pieces and helped put their teams back in the mix. Gurley wasn't... LAR went nowhere until Goff emerged.

If playoff participation is the yardstick, then every year more teams measure up with Day 2 or later RBs than do teams with 1st-rounders, let alone Top 10.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Tom-this is the best RB in the draft. 7.9 ypc and good hands the few times they threw to him. But they will have to trade up around 20 or so to get him in the 1st. Take a better D player @ #4 and make the trade for Michel. Best 3rd down back out there.

He is a Brown.....check the draft at the top of the page :)

9 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Z this is the best group of RBs in one draft for years, any of which could be that guy you look for. Take a defender early and a RB later. All of these guys are excellent at setting up and firing off blocks. None of them run up the OL tailpipe like Crow tended to do. We will have a far better running game with any of several available. It's not a deal-breaker to pass on Barkley.

Not saying it's a deal breaker. I'm fine with Chubb ... as I stated above. This all started when someone asked "What would you do?"

WWZD: Barkley. 

Zombo

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

"So 2014?" lol...

Zeke and Leonard were final pieces and helped put their teams back in the mix. Gurley wasn't... LAR went nowhere until Goff emerged.

If playoff participation is the yardstick, then every year more teams measure up with Day 2 or later RBs than do teams with 1st-rounders, let alone Top 10.

You are looking for an angle here when clearly the the last three teams to draft RBs in the Top Ten got great value for those picks.

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

You are looking for an angle here when clearly the the last three teams to draft RBs in the Top Ten got great value for those picks.

Kinda the opposite of my point... clearly...

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Kinda the opposite of my point... clearly...

The fact that the last three teams that tabbed a running back in the top ten are satisfied customers clearly can't be argued against.

If you think there is better value this year later in the draft that's great ... doesn't change my point.

The valuation of drafting the right RB at the top of the draft is no longer considered a no-no ... teams are doing it and it is working for them.

Zombo

23 minutes ago, Zombo said:

The fact that the last three teams that tabbed a running back in the top ten are satisfied customers clearly can't be argued against.

If you think there is better value this year later in the draft that's great ... doesn't change my point.

The valuation of drafting the right RB at the top of the draft is no longer considered a no-no ... teams are doing it and it is working for them.

Zombo

A few teams have. And all of those teams have more if their roster together than the Browns. That's the point. 

The value is worth it that high if it's one of the only things you need. The position itself still isn't very valuable, but in the context of their roster, it's worth it. 

We can get much better value out of a position like CB that high

13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Nothing is ever a priority for the Browns. EVERYTHING can wait until the foundation is first built. THEN.............. once we add the foundation we can go after playmakers. Isn't that what we wasted a fukcking #1 on Joe Thomas for? Yeah, man............. he was a need.............foundation.............. a player to build on..............the caulksucker was such a failure and a dud, nobody here can name a single fukcing offensive analytical that improved when he came, OR declined when he left.

The Browns are in position to take a QB AND Barkley.  It doesn't matter if the Browns THINK they don't need a RB. They don't HAVE a RB, nor do we have any depandable, stellar WRs. If the Browns don't take Barkley at #1, he will be gone by #4. Sadly, IF the Browns take Barkley at #1, they will trade #4 and Hue will have two... COUNT EM TWO............black Tarkentons in his QB tank. 

I hope they take Darnold, but if they do, they will find a way to trade away the #4, and everyone here will be saying " oh, there was nobody worth the #4 pick. Every year, the players are not good enough for our high picks. So we sign schidt and go 0 - 16 . 

Why do the Browns even bother to draft anyone? Why not just keep trading down and amassing assets for the future? Isn't that what we do best? Which one of you jackoffs said " This is what a rebuild looks like".

Here is a clue for you Ghools:   your faith in All Bark and no Bite is misplaced.   He is at best TR 2.0.   

It is not that drafting a RB may be a bad idea.  Its just that this guy ain't the guy.   He won't have the success in the league that you think he will.

Whatever you think your predictive abilities are.....in this case, it is dead from the neck up.  He may not be Jamarcus Russell bust, but he will be Curtis Enis.

And, no...it is not a matter of wanting the foundation first, because I think, as far as the OL is concerned, that is in pretty good hands.  No...it is a matter of taking the best skill players.

And Barkley is the Corey Coleman, Johnny Manziel of RBs. 

11 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

A few teams have. And all of those teams have more if their roster together than the Browns. That's the point. 

The value is worth it that high if it's one of the only things you need. The position itself still isn't very valuable, but in the context of their roster, it's worth it. 

We can get much better value out of a position like CB that high

This is the Dorsey Browns. That roster will be together. We are going for the AFC North Title in year one, we'll have it year 2.

Zombo

13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

This is kind of the problem in Cleveland, isn't it Tex? We never "see" the right guys to draft.

You are so effing hypocritical.  You clamor for the Browns to take offensive skill players....yet the guys they get suck....and you think that all they did was draft OL.   They drafted those precious skill players...and they all sucked, be it QB, WR, RB

Oh, I do, but in general, the Browns don't. Garett and Dropsey boy last year? And we could have had Trubisky? Imagine that, Trubisky in town, and a #1 and #4 to get weapons this year.

Barley is the pick of the draft. Trubisky was the pick of the draft. Goff and Wenz were the picks of the draft.

I was with you on Trubisky....and on Bosa.  But any claim made by you that the Browns do not often and continuously try to take playmakers is just stupidly wrong.  All you have to do is read a list.

The Browns do not participate in drafting the best players, and have 100% without exception refused to take playmakers. 

AGain...no....they didn't refuse to participate....playmakers is exactly what they thought they were getting...but instead they got what you have on that helmet you have on your avatar:  Turds.

Ergo....I can only surmise that YOU are responsible for them drafting so many TURDS.  Since you are the king of Turds.

When you think of Zumba, what do you see? Missed tackle after missed tackle on running plays, injuries, admission that he doesn't play hard on every down, and a self-imposed vacation due to a fantasy concussion. What do you think of when you envision Coleman? Dropped pass after dropped pass. A chance to beat the Steelers, a perfectly thrown ball............... he drops it and what do browns fans say...........?????? "That idiot Kizer could have run". LMAO. This is not just the worst franchise in the history of the NFL, Browns fans are without a doubt, the dumbest fuucking fans on the face of the planet.

And you are the absolute Leader of the Pack.  All Hail Der Fuhrer.  The TOP TURD.

The team doesn't have one playmaker, Gordon sure as hell isn't a top reciever. SO yeah, draft Darnold, and let him throw to nobody.

The Browns need to trade next years #1, along with Garrett and Coleman and with #1, #2, and #4(or 5) gor QB, Barkely and WR. nything else, is another blown, wasted draft.

On 4/13/2018 at 8:17 AM, Zombo said:

Zombo

I am simply of the opinion that Barkley is not as good as Elliott, Fournette, Gurley.   If the Browns take him, I would certainly hope that I am wrong.  But I see a less physically powerful Trent Richardson.

So I guess it is Ghoolie, You, and PoG....in one corner.....and me in the other.

You all need to spend 7 seconds of your life watching this.  It is funny as hell.

50 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The Browns have NOT drafted one single TOP RATED playmaker. They have continually taken the lower tier players.

I NEVER said they don't take QBs, WRs, TEs, and RBs...............................That is where you are a fukcing simpleton. Just because one drafts a QB does NOT mean one is drafting a top playmaker. Quinn, Weeden, Winslow, Edwards, Coleman, Manziel? Dude, those are schidt players.

The browns purposely have chosen not to participate in acquiring the top available playmakers.

You think Coleman is representative of the Browns going after a playmaker? Are you out of your fukcing mind? Let me ask you, if the Browns drafted a drunk, bed wetting homosxual like Zombo as a WR. WOuld you then come to this board and defend the Browns for going after a playmaker?

You are an idiot.

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

I posted this in Po's Barkley love thread Z, but it bears repeating. I'm saying Saquon may turn out to be great, or even HOF. So let's talk HOF running backs. Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders. Tom Brady has more Championships than the three of them combined, and Payton can thank Mike Singletary and Richard Dent for his.  OK I missed Emmett Smith. NO problem there if we take Saquon. The QB we draft at #1 is the next Troy Aikman, Gordon gets his act together and winds up as another Michael Irving or Chris Carter, Nojuku gets to the Jason Whitten level, and Garrett plays up to the Too Tall Jones class or better.   Easy peasy. A HOF running back isn't the ticket to the promised Land, MHO. Adrian Peterson won't and Ladanian Tomlinson never did get there. I doubt Barkley is better than any of the others I've mentioned. 

29 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

The Browns have NOT drafted one single TOP RATED playmaker. They have continually taken the lower tier players.

I NEVER said they don't take QBs, WRs, TEs, and RBs...............................That is where you are a fukcing simpleton. Just because one drafts a QB does NOT mean one is drafting a top playmaker. Quinn, Weeden, Winslow, Edwards, Coleman, Manziel? Dude, those are schidt players.

The browns purposely have chosen not to participate in acquiring the top available playmakers.

You think Coleman is representative of the Browns going after a playmaker? Are you out of your fukcing mind? Let me ask you, if the Browns drafted a drunk, bed wetting homosxual like Zombo as a WR. WOuld you then come to this board and defend the Browns for going after a playmaker?

You are an idiot.

Um, Edwards and Coleman were the top rated receivers in their draft class. Edwards had one great year before his bad hands caught up with him. Knievel Winslow may have been as good as his Dad if he hadn't been into doing stunts on his bike.  Coleman may well be a bust- but it's not like the Browns are the only team that picks top rated busts in the first round, we're just better at it than anyone else.  :)  Ki-Jana Carter, Jamarcus Russell, and Joey Harrington for starters.  

Yeah, for the last 20 years the Browns have had unprecedented bad luck (or outright stupidity in the case of Manziel) in drafting talent. Lack of due diligence in not checking out Justin Gilbert, and the infamous Jeremiah Pharms, who never played a down- thought robbing pharmacies was a faster path to riches...  

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

True....but they HAVE FUYUCKING tried...constantly.  I mean.....have you got Alzheimers

Yea...we learned that...after the fact.  Ghoolie.....all you are is  a Shmucking second guesser...it almost as bad as being a FRAK.

Now you are just delving into more of your ignorant second guessing.

Coleman was rated the #1 prospect at WR the year he was drafted...by nearly every draft service out there.  So, yes, they went after a playmaker.  They have gone after a number of playmakers.  They went after TR.  These guys were simply not good.  

And if they go after Barkley...it will be worse than having gone after TR.   Because he is not even a Zumba instructor.  He is just a Meringue dancer

6 hours ago, wargograw said:

Yards per carry when contacted at or behind the LOS (a common affliction in the NFL):

Rashaad Penny: 3.32

Saquon Barkley: 0.46

Have any data like that on any of the others being considered like Nick Chubb, Michel, Johnson, etc?

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

I posted this in Po's Barkley love thread Z, but it bears repeating. I'm saying Saquon may turn out to be great, or even HOF. So let's talk HOF running backs. Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders. Tom Brady has more Championships than the three of them combined, and Payton can thank Mike Singletary and Richard Dent for his.  OK I missed Emmett Smith. NO problem there if we take Saquon. The QB we draft at #1 is the next Troy Aikman, Gordon gets his act together and winds up as another Michael Irving or Chris Carter, Nojuku gets to the Jason Whitten level, and Garrett plays up to the Too Tall Jones class or better.   Easy peasy. A HOF running back isn't the ticket to the promised Land, MHO. Adrian Peterson won't and Ladanian Tomlinson never did get there. I doubt Barkley is better than any of the others I've mentioned. 

Not sure how this applies. Obvi QB is the key, my scenario is taking a QB #1, I've never wavered from that. I am talking #4. I'm saying take Chubb or Barkley, and I favor Barkley as BPA.

Plenty of HOF caliber DEs haven't won a Super Bowl either:  Peppers,  Jared Allen,  Lee Roy Selmon, Chris Doleman, Bruce Smith, Deacon Jones, Jason Taylor, John Randle, ... so we shouldn't draft a DE at 4?

I can list the DBs, LBs, OTs, WR, etc that had HOF careers and never won a ring too if you'd like.

What's the point? We have to draft some position if we stay at #4, right?

I just see Barkley and Chubb as the BPA's this year.

Zombo

I'm just trusting Dorsey & Crew. They're far more qualified than any of us OR the multitude of media members throwing Mocks around.

Mike

3 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I'm just trusting Dorsey & Crew. They're far more qualified than any of us OR the multitude of media members throwing Mocks around.

Where have I heard this before?

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Where have I heard this before?

I would say fans have said this about every front office the Browns have had since 1999, but Sashi Brown was the exception. 

He was qualified to argue a speeding ticket for me... or execute a will... :lol:

What I should have stated more clearly is that I'm tired of reading & hearing all these "self appointed experts" with their mock drafts, opinions, & criticizing experienced professionals when their opinions (speculation) don't match (I'm not speaking of just the Browns). These last 2 weeks can't fly by soon enough for me.

I prefer to read or hear facts rather than speculation & gossip, of which a little goes a long way. Dez Bryant was cut (fact). I don't give a damn about all the soap opera sh*t that's being reported about his situation......Bring back Joe Friday ("Just the facts, Ma'am).

THERE! Please pardon my venting.

Mike

Archived