THE BROWNS BOARD

Ryan Leaf Interview Today, 92.3 The Fan

Dutch Oven

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

The highlight?

Said that when he listens to Mayfield's interviews, he reminds him of.....

1998 Ryan Leaf. 

Avoid like the plague then

52 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Avoid like the plague then

I personally don't care for Mayfield much, he strikes me as a little too much of a frat boy bro, but I didn't think his personality would sabotage his career - and life - like it did Manziel or Leaf. 

This was interesting, though. 

yup.  And a week or so ago he said that he thought Darnold should tell his agent to keep him out of Cleveland.  Today he states, well not because of the city...because of the team.

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

yup.  And a week or so ago he said that he thought Darnold should tell his agent to keep him out of Cleveland.  Today he states, well not because of the city...because of the team.

If it was any other team with the recent history of the Browns, we'd all agree with Leaf. 

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

If it was any other team with the recent history of the Browns, we'd all agree with Leaf. 

But there appears to be a major difference between the 2017 and older teams and the 2018 team that's being put together.  And that major difference appears to be Dorsey.  He's actively attempting to improve the team whereas previous regimes sat around and waited for someone to call.

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That’s how bad the Cleveland Browns have poisoned their own water for attracting quality FA candidates and even rookies.

Mayfield / Leaf comparisons, #2 pick Leaf was a time bomb getting a then record  $11+M signing bonus,  huge contract, openly talked about winning super bowls and parades and was yawning during interviews before ever taking a snap. If you really, really thought Mayfield  was your guy at #1 or better yet #4 I'd consider it. ....but there are better candidates out there.

#1 pick Manning did none of the above.

92.3 has to be running out of discussion material to have Ryan Leaf on the show. What about Ray Rice? Why not him?

The actual Draft can't get here soon enough.

Mike

I've heard this crackhead in several post draft interviews..Leaf says he lives blocks away from Manziel and has reached out to him many times and Manziel has not yet to reply to him..Hopefully Johnny really wants to try the Gordon path..And they both succeed..see beyond the unie's..Mr. Leaf 

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

DId we owe Leaf part of his 15 minutes?

Oh I heard that he was going to be on "The View" next.:lol:

Archived