THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield Thread

BobPOUND!

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Cysko Kid said:

All I want now is to see him Plant an Orange flag in the middle of Heinz field. Let's do this.

I don't think the coaches would want that.. I'm sure he'll get an ear full on that.. But yeah.. I would love it too...

Just now, The Cysko Kid said:

Somehow I think Todd Haley, who has a good chance of being head coach by week 8, would go for it.

LOL.. Nothing would surprise me...

1 minute ago, The Cysko Kid said:

By the way is PoG dead? I was hoping to see him man up on this one.

He's probably on the Giants fan board sucking up to them...

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Earlier ESPN showed a clip of Baker taking a snap under center in a Goal line situation.

Looked like a dog with a broke hind leg. It was hilarious.

You don't have sympathy for sick dogs?  

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Not thrilled, but we shall see...

Cautiously optimistic Tour. Baker was one of my guys from the get-go. I don't hate the Ward pick. YOU should be very happy on calling it.  :)  Dorsey obviously decided a healthy Oghbah was good enough on d-line, but getting a shut down corner was a higher priority. 

3 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

By the way is PoG dead? I was hoping to see him man up on this one.

LOL, Saquon IS GONE...  Should we start a Go Fund Me page to buy Po a Giants Barkley jersey? 

Did someone say Baker Mayfield 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

I can understand the flag planting, but the crotch grabbing, mouthing, police run video, etc have me feeling a bit like a swan dive in Vegas with Stormy Daniels is only a dumb decision away. I get it. He's not the safe pick. This could work out as either Brees or JFF 2.0. But Jezzzzzzzz another Big 12 QB? Really?

31 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I can understand the flag planting, but the crotch grabbing, mouthing, police run video, etc have me feeling a bit like a swan dive in Vegas with Stormy Daniels is only a dumb decision away. I get it. He's not the safe pick. This could work out as either Brees or JFF 2.0. But Jezzzzzzzz another Big 12 QB? Really?

I want everyone to consider the "personality traits" that Mayfield has exhibited for a moment...

Then consider what people would be saying about them if someone like Lamar Jackson acted this way. Somehow I doubt that there would be a dismissive "well he's a competitor with a chip on his shoulder" if Jackson had done it. 

The Browns drafted Tanner Boyle. 

well, no Josh Allen, lol. I know Dorsey and co did their homework. My opinion - Dorsey and co would have picked Wentz, flat out.

But Allen isn't as good as Wentz was (might be a year away?). I think they KNOW Mayfield  is ready to be a pro - and will act like a pro.

Mayfield has the tenacity, the fire, love for the game, arm, mobility and smarts, accuracy that Allen didn't have, and ball security

that Darnold didn't have. He's only 6'1"...well, so was Brian Sipe - and sometimes, at certain angles, he kinda looks like Brian Sipe.

So, there ya go - I hope he doesn't disappoint. I'm good with it.

(oh, did I mention that Allen was drafted ahead of rosiebum?):D

I'm still stunned by this pick. I don't think that "being a winner in college" or "not being respected" or the whole "walk-on"thing is going to matter at all in the NFL. He's not going to be able to run away from NFL linebackers (or some defensive linemen) so I'm not seeing the comparison to Russell Wilson. Maybe he can be a Drew Breese but I'm not sure he has those tools. The recent quarterbacks who have been drafted (and been successful) are not the same physically that Mayfield is. I really hope I'm wrong but I don't think Baker is going to be successful in the NFL. I'm really sick of being disappointed by this football team.

22 hours ago, Zombo said:

I don't get trading down if you can have your pick between Barkley and Chubb. In a less Qb-driven year these guys would be #1 and #2.

Everybody always says BPA, but no one ever means BPA?

Zombo

For instance, Chubb was the BPA in many eyes but we went Ward because it was such a drastic need. People might be upset, but he's the best corner and we need to stop the freaking pass. 

I don't get the Johnny Football comparisons at all.  I've watched his film and he is a smart QB. Obviously he needs work, just like any College QB needs to make it in the NFL and that is where the comparisons end. 

I knew nothing about JFF before we drafted him other than he won the Heisman and the You tubes I watched of him. I had no idea of the lack of work ethic this kid had. I was high on Johnny back then because I thought he loved the game. Turns out he loved the lime light a whole lot more and that football was a means to an end.

What I see in Mayfield is a passionate person, who works hard to get what he wants. Everyone says that his work ethic is impeccable. he will stay late and watch film and do the hard work that needs to be done.

One note of concern and one that was raised above.  He was arrested for showing VERY bad judgement.. And because he is a white "smart" quarterback, it is pushed under the rug. I only read about that 2 days ago and was very surprised... As noted above, if he were black, he would have a scarlet letter on him and wouldn't have been touched until the 6th round... 

I hope I am right about this kid.. We really need a solution at QB and if this kid is smart he will understand he has a golden opportunity to learn under a good veteran NFL QB. If he is smart and works hard, he has the potential to be loved and adored by millions of Browns fans the world over.. 

I think allot of these kids coming into the league do no understand that Browns fans will canonize any QB that can get us to the playoffs a few times. I means they don't even have to win a Superbowl or even get to one and we will be celebrating them for decades to come(Bernie??)..  

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

For instance, Chubb was the BPA in many eyes but we went Ward because it was such a drastic need. People might be upset, but he's the best corner and we need to stop the freaking pass. 

Ironically two very excellent CBs are still on the board in Oliver/Jackson. But Landry/Key are still there if we want rotation in DE. My gut tells me we pick Hurst though since we traded off Shelton. He's a better inside rusher than Danny so I could live with it.

10 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

All I want now is to see him Plant an Orange flag in the middle of Heinz field. Let's do this.

LOL LOL LOL

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I was thinking last night it would have been hilarious if Baker would have walked up to the podium doing the money sign. Just to piss off the haters.

WSS

LOL that's just so wrong. LOL

Good bye.  I thought the Browns could not get worse but they did.  Baker is just a shade different than Manziel and Baker's anger at being compared to Manziel makes Baker realize that these comparisons have merit.  With two picks in the top FOUR and blowing them both I'm beginning to think that Dorsey may have gotten a kick back from the Broncos and Jets to throw the draft and create a losing team for the next 5 years.  This has to be a ploy to move the team to another location with the NFL owners and upper team management working in concert.  The Browns faithful are looking at another Perfect Parade in January 2019.  The owner and head office has given up on the Browns by selecting a not-ready-for-prime-time QB that is short and will not likely tolerate the cold Cleveland winters and makes statements such as "I'm not going to try to prove that I'm not Johnny Manziel".  Wow a double negative so he's going to try to prove that he is Johnny Manziel and we all know what an excellent role model Johnny is.  Good bye Browns I'm leaving because your owners and management have already left you!!!!  

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yep, definitely a need pick. For some reason, passing on Chubb makes me think they really like Ogbah.

Ward gives the D a shutdown corner that really needed a shutdown corner.

So right now our three best corners are: Ward, Carrie, Taylor ? Then you got Gaines, Boddy Calhoun, Mitchell, Wilson ... I suppose someone is tradebait today ... Taylor?

Zombo

Archived