THE BROWNS BOARD

OFF TOPIC: Technical Writer position open at my job *Columbus/Dublin*

Guest AdaM

Guest AdaM

Stanley Steemer International doesn't hire very often. We have basically zero turnover rate and most people retire from here.

The job market is tough so I figured I would put this out there for people looking for a gig in Columbus/Dublin

If you want to apply, go to www.stanleysteemer.com click employment at the bottom, then click search management opportunities.

Select OH > Dublin for this position.

Primary Purpose: Fulfill documentation needs in the IT department by creating user and system documentation. Translate technical software capabilities and business applications into written documentation, which describes capabilities and use of the system. Prepare training and briefing materials as required by IT department.

Job Duties (including but not limited to):

- Develop printed manuals and online help for in-house software applications.

- Analyze existing system, user, or technical documentation and recommend appropriate changes or additions.

- Ensure that all standards for documentation and communications are met.

- Work with IT personnel to determine the appropriate user documentation required for any new project or system enhancement.

- Test computer systems while writing user documentation as assigned.

- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or required.

Capabilities Profile- Minimum Skills/Qualifications:

• Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or similar field, or equivalent experience preferred.

• At least two years experience as a technical writer or in a closely related position.

• Excellent oral and written communication skills.

• Strong sense of responsibility and ownership.

• Very high productivity and awareness of deadlines.

• Experience with documentation software tools and ability to quickly learn new tools.

• Ability to rapidly learn software and business systems.

• Ability to work well with a variety of people and obtain information from subject-matter experts.

• Willingness to adapt to style guidelines.

• Ability to adapt to frequent changes in direction in a dynamic environment.

Archived