THE BROWNS BOARD

Playoffs?

Westside Steve

Talk about optimistic.....

.....The Browns are probably still one good offseason away from contending in the AFC and are best viewed as a seven- or eight-win team in 2018. Of course, the season is short and variance and luck will have a say. If the Browns get a good bounce or two and stay relatively healthy, a nine-win season is attainable. That would surely please the late Paul Brown.

Tough schedule even if the AFC is weak. 

From the bottom to the top - These Browns can't be stopped! 

It's time. Let's GoOOOOO!

On 5/11/2018 at 7:14 AM, boo fagley said:

Ive been saying this.

Divide the 16 game season into 4 quadrants and go at least 2 - 2 in each quarter. Thats attainable. The jump from 8 - 8 to 10 - 6 is a play here or there going your way.

logical fallacy above.....saying 8-8 is 'attainable'(your word) comes with it the assumption that those plays here or there going are way are required to happen to get us to 8-8.  You can't then jump us to 10-6 with the same reasoning.....if you extend that forever, last year we really werent far away from being a 12-4 team.  

On 5/10/2018 at 12:39 PM, Westside Steve said:

Cleveland Browns are NFL playoff wild-card sleepers in 2018

https://search.app.goo.gl/MuXFL

Shared from my Google feed

GREAT GREAT FIND my friend. Love this article. I gotta tell you, I feel like I should have felt in 1999. I think 2018 is our welcome back year. I still don't like Hue's lack of discipline, drive and guts, but the team feels like it has talent, now. I am going to share this article with my Memphis pals. Thanks for posting.

On 5/11/2018 at 8:14 AM, boo fagley said:

Ive been saying this.

Divide the 16 game season into 4 quadrants and go at least 2 - 2 in each quarter. Thats attainable. The jump from 8 - 8 to 10 - 6 is a play here or there going your way.

Or if you get one 0 fer 4 you win 6.

I figure that the Browns O/U on total wins will be about 5 1/2.......or so.

1 hour ago, Tacosman said:

logical fallacy above.....saying 8-8 is 'attainable'(your word) comes with it the assumption that those plays here or there going are way are required to happen to get us to 8-8.  You can't then jump us to 10-6 with the same reasoning.....if you extend that forever, last year we really werent far away from being a 12-4 team.  

Where did I say a play here or there gets to 8 - 8? Never did.

The Bucs dont not strike fear in anyone and neither do the Jets. The Ravens and Bengals have not made any leap that I see that makes either one clear cut favorites over the Browns. The Broncos have Miller and Chubb and its a home game. The Chiefs are playing on the road with a rookie QB and a defense in shambles. The Texans at home and Watson is coming back from an injury that takes 2 years to fully heal. Panthers on the road first weekend in December. 

I see 8 really tough games - Saints, Falcons, Raiders, 1 Steelers, 1 Ravens, 1 Bengals, Chargers and ?

Archived