THE BROWNS BOARD

LBJ:GOAT!!!!

nickers

Well.. I'm just gonna say it.. LBJ is the GOAT!.. Jordan had Pippen and Steve Kerr.. LBJ has had basically garbage around him.. and is making history by dragging a bunch of castoffs to the brink of going to the NBA finals, What this young man is doing is unprecedented in the Historic Annals of Basketball and Sports in general. Every time I think I've seen it all from LeBron.. He does something even more exciting than the last.. Yes.. Jordan was definitely the greatest in his era.. No disrespect to MJ. But.. Theres a new Sheriff in town.. His name is LeBron James!... Go Cavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. 1993619202_TheKing!.jpg.4b1ce083e16cb6d8b68d29d63e102b09.jpg

• Upvote 1

Watching him in Game 6 he just looked like some huge super strong scoring, rebounding and assist machine.

Even MJ, Jabbar, Magic, Bird, Oscar, West, Kobe devotees would have to at least acknowledge that 1 on 1 he has to be at least as good as any of them.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 1:29 PM, nickers said:

Well.. I'm just gonna say it.. LBJ is the GOAT!..  His name is LeBron James!... Go Cavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. 1993619202_TheKing!.jpg.4b1ce083e16cb6d8b68d29d63e102b09.jpg

From a packed house at The Hilton in Virginia Beach..B A N G!! MaMa, there's that Man again!..East Champs!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Yes....and to those who say "but, but MJ won 6 rings".     Then I say.....and so did Scottie Pippin...and without Pippin there, MJ  may have got none. Pippin may be one of the 25 best players to ever play. MJ never won a title without Pippin.

And if number of titles won is the criteria...then Bill Russell and a number of other Celtics have more rings than that.  And Robert Horry got 7. 

People forget that MJ was in this league for 7 years before his team made  single NBA Finals.

And that he quit for 2 years.  (does the GOAT just up and quit?  And its not like the guys from WWII who left the game to fight in the wars.)

And FYI....MJ NEVER faced opponents in his finals that were as good as the Golden State Warriors...or as good as the San Antonio Spurs to which LeBron lost to in a couple of Finals.   Well....MJ may have faced teams close to that good....but he lost to them:  the Pistons and the Celtics...in earlier rounds.

And  MJ had Phil Jackson as his coach.   Phil Jackson took a Jordan clone....name of Kobe Bryant...and won 5 titles with him.  And that number may have reached 6 if Jackson had become his coach earlier...or had stayed with him.  

So, I even perhaps question whether it was Jordan's talent...or Jackson's system that is mainly responsible for those titles.  NO ONE would ever equate the HCs that LeBron has had to Phil Jackson.

And also.....Magic Johnson had 5 titles.....and in like 3 of those Finals they were epic battles vs. Larry Bird/McHale/Parish.  Again....compare the competition.  As good as maybe Stockton/Malone were, those teams that MJ beat were nothing on the order of the Bird Celtics, the Pistons, etc. 

Plus Magic had his career shortened by the whole HIV thing. 

So...on my personal GOAT list:   I put  

1. LeBron,

2. Russell,

3.Magic

4 MJ.....who to me is basically in a tie with Kobe.

And I could certainly argue about Wilt Chamberlain...or Kareem.

• Upvote 1

On 5/26/2018 at 1:29 PM, nickers said:

Well.. I'm just gonna say it.. LBJ is the GOAT!.. Jordan had Pippen and Steve Kerr.. LBJ has had basically garbage around him.. and is making history by dragging a bunch of castoffs to the brink of going to the NBA finals, What this young man is doing is unprecedented in the Historic Annals of Basketball and Sports in general. Every time I think I've seen it all from LeBron.. He does something even more exciting than the last.. Yes.. Jordan was definitely the greatest in his era.. No disrespect to MJ. But.. Theres a new Sheriff in town.. His name is LeBron James!... Go Cavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. 1993619202_TheKing!.jpg.4b1ce083e16cb6d8b68d29d63e102b09.jpg

I agree he is the Greatest.

But you use Steve Kerr as an argument? Nice little sharpshooter, but averaged 6 points per game.

He had Pippen and Grant for the first three and Pippen and Rodman the last three.

Pippen is a HOF and Top 50 all-timer.

Rodman was one of the best defensive players in NBA history.

Grant was an All-Star and big time rebounder.

The rest were role players.

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

I agree he is the Greatest.

But you use Steve Kerr as an argument? Nice little sharpshooter, but averaged 6 points per game.

He had Pippen and Grant for the first three and Pippen and Rodman the last three.

Pippen is a HOF and Top 50 all-timer.

Rodman was one of the best defensive players in NBA history.

Grant was an All-Star and big time rebounder.

The rest were role players.

Zombo

No argument... I forgot about Rodman.. Just because I remember him more in Detroit.. But now I recall he went all sissy and cross dressed .. Kerr I saw more as a ball distributer and more of a floor organizer if that makes sense...

39 minutes ago, nickers said:

No argument... I forgot about Rodman.. Just because I remember him more in Detroit.. But now I recall he went all sissy and cross dressed .. Kerr I saw more as a ball distributer and more of a floor organizer if that makes sense...

Rodman didn't go sissy.....he just went to fuyucking with people. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Either way, he was/is a head case.. I think we can all agree there ...

39 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Just a little bit.  But, on the other hand, didn't he basically serve as our lead diplomat with the North Korean dictator?

Was never aware of that... I hope you are joiking in that regard.. Because.. I would not want him speaking on behalf of Americans.. Although.. Whether or not you like the present Commander and Chief..... You have to admit.. He comes off rather daft at times....

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And was one of the best NBA defensive players ever! His job with the Bulls, get the ball for Scottie and Michael. 

LeBron on the other hand does everything. 

17 hours ago, nickers said:

Was never aware of that... I hope you are joiking in that regard.. Because.. I would not want him speaking on behalf of Americans.. Although.. Whether or not you like the present Commander and Chief..... You have to admit.. He comes off rather daft at times....

Who? Rodman...or DJT?  (answer is: yes).   But no, its true, Dennis Rodman and Kim Jung Un  cozied up on a couple of occasions.  Not sure any real diplomacy was being conducted, but they did meet.  Apparently Kim is a fanboy of The Worm.

https://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nightly-news/dennis-rodman-meets-with-kim-jong-un-20189251593

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Who? Rodman...or DJT?  (answer is: yes).   But no, its true, Dennis Rodman and Kim Jung Un  cozied up on a couple of occasions.  Not sure any real diplomacy was being conducted, but they did meet.  Apparently Kim is a fanboy of The Worm.

https://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nightly-news/dennis-rodman-meets-with-kim-jong-un-20189251593

Sorry for not being clearer but , yes DJT comes off rather daft.. I'm not saying he's dumb.. It would benefit him , if he could orate his thoughts better...

A further note on the LBJ vs. MJ:

In the 6 NBA Finals that MJ participated in....his team was the favorite in EVERY single  one of them.  

In the 9  NBA Finals that LBJ participated in.....his team has only been the favorite in 2 of them....and the underdog in 7. 

His Heat team was the favorite vs. the  Dallas Mavs the year they played...and lost.   And they were the faves one of the years that the Heat met the Spurs, and they won.   So, he is 1-1 as the overdog. 

Two of the 3 years he won his team was the underdog:  Another of the years the Heat beat the Spurs, they were the underdog;  and, of course the year the Cavs beat the Warriors.

In now 5 NBA Finals he has appeared for with the Cavs, they have NEVER been favored to win. 

As I said....MJ NEVER faced the kind of competition that LeBron has faced in the Finals vs. the Spurs and the Warriors.

In 9 trips to the Finals....just that ONE time did his team lose as the favorites.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

More proof that LeBron is the Greatest: 

Just one point of evidence, which I may have made above:

Michael Jordan...AND Kobe Bryant, if you want to include him.  each of them NEVER either won a title, or even appeared in a Finals with any team that was not coached by   Phil Jackson.

Phil  Jackson was the Alpha Male on all those teams.  The straw that stirred the drink, to quote Reggie Jackson.    Not  either Jordan or Kobe.   Without Jackson, they were great players, but not Champions (nor, even, Finalists)

LeBron on the other hand:    10 Finals appearances  (4 titles)......with the following coaches:   Mike Brown,  Eric Spolstra,  David Blatt,  Ty Lue,   and now  Vogel. 

LeBron was the Alpha Male on each of those teams.  And in NBA history.  (His challengers come from among Russell, Magic, Kareem, and maybe Chamberlain)