THE BROWNS BOARD

Mychal Kendricks Signed

Bob806

49 minutes ago, cambridgeho said:

Just seen that he said he does not have a deal with the Browns.

I saw both reports. This just reinforces my personal policy of not commenting on personnel moves until it is ON the Browns' website.

We'll see what happens, but the media has ZERO credibility with me.

Mike

Career Stats
Year Tackles Sacks Interceptions Fumb Misc KO Ret Punt Ret
Year Team G Solo Ast Total Sack Yds Yd/Sk Int Yds IntTD Rec TD Frcd Pass D Sfty Yds TD Yds TD
2012 PHI 15 58 17 75 1.0 5 5.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 9 0 0 0 0 0
2013 PHI 15 81 25 106 4.0 24 6.0 3 25 0 4 0 2 5 0 0 0 0 0
2014 PHI 12 62 21 83 4.0 27 6.8 0 0 0 0 0 3 3 0 0 0 0 0
2015 PHI 13 64 22 86 3.0 21 7.0 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 0
2016 PHI 15 24 8 32 0.0 0 .0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
2017 PHI 15 55 22 77 2.0 5 2.5 0 0 0 0 0 0 6 0 0 0 0 0

...2016 was a rather lean year.

Dorsey has been earning his Salary.  Now all of these new defenders (CB,S,LB) have to learn the defense, and in theory, we're quite improved on D.

I love this signing!  We have 3 very solid, if not spectacular, linebackers.  Now, we finally have some depth.  Love it. 

Linebacker depth was our one glaring need on the depth chart post draft and post FA.

Nice signing. Glad to see we don't shy away from veterans now if we have a need. Youth is great, but only takes you so far ...

Zombo

Kendricks could also be an insurance policy against strongside 'backer Collins, who missed 10 games last seasons, three with a concussion and seven with the torn MCL.

I see him as the 4th guy unless Collins doesn't come back to form.

Zombo

Newest update I can find..now maybe tuesday?https://www.brownszone.com/2018/06/04/mailbag-whats-the-latest-with-mychal-kendricks-and-whats-he-mean-for-the-lbs-duke-johnsons-role-hows-the-depth/  Nobody wants to confirm yet that Kendricks was in Berra today, only friday (left with no deal) ..Ian Rapaport loves to report first, as most big media markets do..Problem is, you step on guys ego's announcing it maybe before your brother may know anything in Minnesota? (leads to tweet "No Respect") Feel we have a agent that has failed his client in some form? A deal takes a contract & pen..Congrats, Nick Chubb..Kendricks would be a good get in this AFCN, full of RB's run games & coverage packages.. 9th highest ranked LB on PFF board. Ahead of both Kirksey & Schobert..Collins (2 concussions) & Tank both coming off knee surgerys..yep, we may need to pay the man..  

28 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Hasn't been announced in the clevelandbrowns.com yet.

well what do we know? Pen meet Paper is a good start to brns.com  https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/06/lb_mychal_kendricks_signs_his.html  Come on Mary be right?

1 hour ago, LBC mike said:

Tank is released to make room.

Noooo ....

Yes it's true.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/6/5/17428892/end-of-an-era-browns-release-lb-tank-carder

Poor Tank, glad he got his own thread before he left.

And we'll always have this:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Browns-Block-Punt-Get-Safety/ee182147-afb7-4130-a4e6-49ac4b5d0c21

On 6/4/2018 at 11:58 AM, Zombo said:

I see him as the 4th guy unless Collins doesn't come back to form.

Zombo

I just love having DEPTH at a key position, ya know?  I think that's one of the most impressive tasks accomplished by our new GM...acquiring some DEPTH.  We have a little in the secondary, we have another linebacker, we drafted Corbett who can play multiple OL positions, we have some WR's (finally), and we're doing pretty well at the RB slot, too.  Now, I'm not stupid (usually), and I know we still have a LONG way to go, but this team is insanely better than the team we watched for the last two years.  People can say, "You don't know anything until the season starts", but I'm here to tell you, this roster has more talent.  Will it equate to WINS?  That remains to be seen, obviously. 

Speaking of “wins”, we’ve all seen our schedule, and we all know we somehow got completely screwed.  I’m not sure how the worst team in football, a teal without ANY wins, starts the season with a playoff team, then on the road to another playoff team, and then back home for a Thursday night match.  I mean, REALLY?  Anyways, I’m very interested to see how Hue Jackson functions in his new role of “head coach”.  Yes, I realize he was technically the head coach for the past two years, but now he has an OC and doesn’t need to do EVERYTHING on offense.  He can just be the coach, and I want to see how that looks.  Not only that, but Hue Jackson actually has a veteran QB with some wins under his belt, some WR’s to catch the ball, and some RB’s with some skill.  In short, Hue is the head coach of a real football team, and I sincerely hope we pull out some wins, and do it early.  We HAVE to keep our coaches intact if we ever want to start getting better.  “Starting Over” all of the time will accomplish nothing.

I'm not worried about Jamie Collins "returning to form".  He's a beast and an athletic freak.  I'm MORE worried about the money he's set to make, and in the past, we've cut highly paid veterans or traded them.  I'd be absolutely ticked off if that happens, although I SERIOUSLY doubt Collins is going anywhere.  I really believe people have forgotten what an absolute terror this guy is, and assuming he's healthy, he could be the big play guy our defense has needed so badly.  Don't forget Collins got injured after making an interception.  One of only a handful our pathetic defense had all year.  

Something else to remember about Collins is that he's pretty solid in coverage.  I don't have stats to prove this, but I remember him being pretty stout, and once he went down, our coverage ability really took a hit.  There aren't many linebacker trios that are better than Kirksey, Collins, and Schobert.  And now we have a little depth behind them, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what this group brings to the table.   

Archived