THE BROWNS BOARD

It's a Mirage

JohnG71097

The Indians are desperely trying to hold on to this mirage of a season

until they can get Jake Westbrook and AAron Laffey and maybe even El Fausto

back and then feel that they could make a run with some better pitching.

I don't see it

But I was wrong on Ben Francisco who has played much better ball as of late

Good Luck

I just hope that the bones don't get picked clean for nothing when we become sellers

Nice post, but one thing got me....

I just hope that the bones don't get picked clean for nothing when we become sellers

That's the thing, who would we really be upset about losing? We won't trade Grady who's our biggest star, we won't trade Victor because we can't get close to fair value for him, we won't trade any of our underachieving pitching because no one would want them. We won't trade our young guys because that's our only ray of hope.

The only players to worry about losing for nothing, to me anyway, are Lee and Choo. It would be nice to keep both, but both can fetch a pretty penny for a team looking for a pretty affordable ace or a big bat to put them over the top.

The rest of the team is pretty expendable. A bunch of guys who can hit .280 with 20-25 homers. Pavano we got for nothing and could now flip for some quality prospects.

I think we keep Lee because of his price tag, or we get a huge haul of some top prospects and major league ready players for him. Anyone else, barring the guys I mentioned at the top, I won't shed a tear to see them gone.

Nice post, but one thing got me....

The only players to worry about losing for nothing, to me anyway, are Lee and Choo. It would be nice to keep both, but both can fetch a pretty penny for a team looking for a pretty affordable ace or a big bat to put them over the top.

The rest of the team is pretty expendable. A bunch of guys who can hit .280 with 20-25 homers. Pavano we got for nothing and could now flip for some quality prospects.

I think we keep Lee because of his price tag, or we get a huge haul of some top prospects and major league ready players for him. Anyone else, barring the guys I mentioned at the top, I won't shed a tear to see them gone.

I'm not upset about losing any of the guys that could be lost.

I don't see us trading Lee or Martinez unless something extraordinary happens.

I wouldn't want to trade Choo, I think he is a guy you keep around.

Guys like Pavano or DeRosa have a market but from what I am reading the players or prospects being offered

aren't exactly stellar as of yet.

here is a sample outhere of what is being written

Will Carroll: I think that the Mets have a couple of interesting situations here. With Carlos Delgado gone for much of the season, and Jose Reyes out for a month, plus their existing weaknesses at second base and catcher, I think they have to do a couple things, but they could do them all with one team: Cleveland.

The ideal would be to get Mark DeRosa and Victor Martinez, but I don't think the Indians would give up Martinez lightly. That means they get DeRosa—who can play virtually ever position save for catcher—and then get Ryan Garko, who's stuck behind Hafner and Martinez at the DH/1B slot. Garko fills in at first base, then caddies once Delgado comes back. I don't think they have to give up much if they take on the salary—a couple of B-level prospects might do it.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/artic ... cleid=9026

Archived