THE BROWNS BOARD

UN anti-gun, anti-ammunition fraud doesn't influence our America

calfoxwc

i want to be clear cal, i am in zero mood for the u.n to dictate any firearms laws on the u.s as it oertains to citizens. however, this sounds like it deals wuth the export of firearms and ammunition. if thats the case then i understand. maybe im wrong, i need to research this more.....but i do know a little but about the international arms trade and the scum of the earth that benefit from it. 

if the u.s is protecting domestic arms dealers, than im out on this and as a supposed god fearing christian u should be too.

all that being said, its always been of intetest to me to figure out how to make my own brass. it might take a a couple grand wirth of equipment but it would be well worth it. 

The underhanded ulterior motive, is an across the board gun registration in the U.S.

Note that Pres Trump, Pres Bush and John Bolton stood up for our 2nd Amendment.

Obamao didn't, for gun control reasons.

Can't tax guns out of ownership without knowing where they are. Can't harass gun owners without knowing where the guns are,

and who the gun owners are.

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/arms_trade_treaty

establish and maintain an effective national control system for the export, import, transit, and transshipment of and brokering activities related to (all defined as “transfers” in the ATT) the eight categories of conventional arms covered by the ATT, as well as exports of related ammunition and of parts and components that are used for assembling conventional arms covered by the treaty (Articles 3, 4, and 5.2);

• establish and maintain a national control list (Article 5.3) and making it available to other states-parties (Article 5.4);
  • take measures to regulate brokering taking place under its jurisdiction (Article 10);
  • designate competent national authorities responsible for maintaining this system (Article 5.5);
  •  

9 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

"Unfortunately, there is neither time nor space here to go into the onerous provisions of the treaty, which themselves would merit rejection of the instrument"

so how am i supposed to know then exactly how this treaty affects the private ownership of guns in america? this sounds like a piece written by american arms exporters saying "just trust us they're coming for ur giiinnnzzzz"

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

The underhanded ulterior motive, is an across the board gun registration in the U.S.

Note that Pres Trump, Pres Bush and John Bolton stood up for our 2nd Amendment.

Obamao didn't, for gun control reasons.

Can't tax guns out of ownership without knowing where they are. Can't harass gun owners without knowing where the guns are,

and who the gun owners are.

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/arms_trade_treaty

establish and maintain an effective national control system for the export, import, transit, and transshipment of and brokering activities related to (all defined as “transfers” in the ATT) the eight categories of conventional arms covered by the ATT, as well as exports of related ammunition and of parts and components that are used for assembling conventional arms covered by the treaty (Articles 3, 4, and 5.2);

• establish and maintain a national control list (Article 5.3) and making it available to other states-parties (Article 5.4);
  • take measures to regulate brokering taking place under its jurisdiction (Article 10);
  • designate competent national authorities responsible for maintaining this system (Article 5.5);
  •  

ok, well now we've got some meat i can chew on. ill research this later tonight. but to be clear if this just regulates how guns are exported to other countries i give no fuks and im not sure exactly why u would either

In reading it through this seems to be the key phrase concerning arms affected.

"applies under Article 2(1) to all conventional arms within the seven categories of the UN Register of Conventional Arms (battle tanks, armored combat vehicles, large-caliber artillery systems, combat aircraft, attack helicopters, warships, and missiles and missile launchers) and small arms and light weapons" 

I would want to see a refining of the part on small arms and light weapons. What the hell does that mean anyway?

The rest of the definition I get and agree with because it's obvious this has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. But I have a problem with "small arms and light weapons". That is just too damn vague for me.

10 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

In reading it through this seems to be the key phrase concerning arms affected.

"applies under Article 2(1) to all conventional arms within the seven categories of the UN Register of Conventional Arms (battle tanks, armored combat vehicles, large-caliber artillery systems, combat aircraft, attack helicopters, warships, and missiles and missile launchers) and small arms and light weapons" 

I would want to see a refining of the part on small arms and light weapons. What the hell does that mean anyway?

The rest of the definition I get and agree with because it's obvious this has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. But I have a problem with "small arms and light weapons". That is just too damn vague for me.

Unfortunately I don't think it's vague whatsoever nor is it meant to be. I'm guessing that would mean anything small enough for one man to carry.

WSS

26 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Unfortunately I don't think it's vague whatsoever nor is it meant to be. I'm guessing that would mean anything small enough for one man to carry.

WSS

That is exactly why I want to see a specific listing of exactly what they mean. Light weapons can include M-60 machineguns and grenade launchers which I agree are military grade weapons and not for civilians. But if it also includes the old 1911 .45 or more modern 9mm pistols the Army carries now, forget it.

On 7/11/2018 at 9:47 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

That is exactly why I want to see a specific listing of exactly what they mean. Light weapons can include M-60 machineguns and grenade launchers which I agree are military grade weapons and not for civilians. But if it also includes the old 1911 .45 or more modern 9mm pistols the Army carries now, forget it.

If they did give you a list, they could just add to the list everything we could own.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3853197/un-arms-trade-treaty-bill-amendments/

"The former Conservative government kept Canada out of the UN treaty because it feared it was a back door way to bring back the federal gun registry."

© 2017 The Canadian Press

Archived