THE BROWNS BOARD

Ghoolio Iglesias

Ghoolie

3 minutes ago, syd said:

I thought you were black

I was in high school

Brownman.jpeg

4 hours ago, Comeonman said:

I was expecting something like “Only from the waist down” in full Ghoolie form. 

Well, I would have, but this photo was better,  I think. My Mom, like a lot of Mom's who love their kids, was proud of me, her only mistake. My Dad made the frame so this photo was like a family heirloom. Over the years the thing turned orange and my complexion, Brown. My Mom's friends used to tell her I looked like Burt Reynolds, LMAO. But I think it gets funnier. After my Dad died in 2000, I moved back to Ohio with my Mom to make sure she got adjusted in her new life. I was dating a chick who upon seeing this now horribly changed picture, nicknamed me, " Brownman" 

When my Mom died last year, I gave the picture to this woman, now married. She took the photo home, he said, WTF? THen he made a special place on the wall for me..........right above a dead, stuffed boar in his garage/taxidermy room.

But, since we are talking about wieners..........

4 hours ago, syd said:

you had some purdy lips there boy (in my best southern accent)

LMAO. My tie was a bath towel.

15 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Uhm, just FYI....Julio Iglesias is Spanish, from Madrid.....not Italian.

Maybe you can do a harmony with Westside Steve when he does some of his crooning.  (of course, the difference...as I am sure you are aware, is that he is quite good.)

16 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Good Lord.

Julio Iglesias is not Italian and doesn't wear a scarf.

I thought it was William Conrad channeling Andrea Bocelli singing the Willie Nelson part of "all the girls I loved before".

Normally, I'd send this to the Barber Shop, but I think more people need to see what we are dealing with here.

BTW, looks like a lot of lube and meds on that butcher block, bro.

Zombo

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Good Lord.

Julio Iglesias is not Italian and doesn't wear a scarf.

I thought it was William Conrad channeling Andrea Bocelli singing the Willie Nelson part of "all the girls I loved before".

Normally, I'd send this to the Barber Shop, but I think more people need to see what we are dealing with here.

BTW, looks like a lot of lube and meds on that butcher block, bro.

Zombo

Puppy pills. The lube is for you. If I say Julio is Italian, he is Italian. That's how it is. By the way, Julio is a Jew, not a Spaniard. He was born in Spain, but he is a Jew, not a Spaniard. He also sings in Italian, so, as I say, so it is.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

This is what I would call a real crooner.

Let me explain something to you, snapper head.

1) Parody is not meant to be taken seriously. 

2) I know Steve and his talent very well. I played guitar behind him up on the lake.

3) I am eagerly awaiting him to send a track he plans to record so that I can put some accordion enhancement for him.

Go back to smelling your wife's dildo. Don't discuss things you have no talent or expertise about......ah, if you did that, you would never speak. Judge Jackoff.

21 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Puppy pills. The lube is for you. If I say Julio is Italian, he is Italian. That's how it is. By the way, Julio is a Jew, not a Spaniard. He was born in Spain, but he is a Jew, not a Spaniard. He also sings in Italian, so, as I say, so it is.

So if you are a jew born in Spain you're not a Spaniard?

Does it work that way in America, too?

Zombo

Nothing to do with it. This is how Julio has described himself.

Like you. You were born in America, but you are a pussy.

9 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Nothing to do with it. This is how Julio has described himself.

Like you. You were born in America, but you are a pussy.

He was born in Spain to a Spanish mother and Spanish father. His mom was of the Jewish faith. That's how he describes it. That makes him a Spaniard.

Your tough behind a keyboard, Jhoolie,  but doubt you'll ever show up to Browns Board tailgate. I'll be at all of them.

Zombo

56 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Being a Jew is not a nationality......it is a religion...or an ethnicity.  Are you aware that there are people who are Jews who are also Americans? 

The Beatle also sang songs in Italian.  Did that make them Italian? 

44 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Let me explain something to you, snapper head.

1) Parody is not meant to be taken seriously. 

2) I know Steve and his talent very well. I played guitar behind him up on the lake.

3) I am eagerly awaiting him to send a track he plans to record so that I can put some accordion enhancement for him.

Go back to smelling your wife's dildo. Don't discuss things you have no talent or expertise about......ah, if you did that, you would never speak. Judge Jackoff.

I don't have to be an accomplished musician to know bad music, bad singing when I hear it.   And, of course I knew you were doing a parody.  Just because you were bad does not mean you were not funny.  You were funny....you just were inaccurate about Iglesias's background.  Whattsamatta you? Can't take a little correction? What is Steve tells you your accordian accompaniment is all wrong...will you be unable to deal with that?

And I have been dealing with Steve's singing since we were sophomores in high school.  

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Being a Jew is not a nationality......it is a religion...or an ethnicity.  Are you aware that there are people who are Jews who are also Americans? 

The Beatle also sang songs in Italian.  Did that make them Italian? 

Absolutely incorrect. Hebrew is the faith. Being a Jew has to do with origin. And by the way.....I never said Iglesias was Italian. I just said, imagine we are in Italy.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don't have to be an accomplished musician to know bad music, bad singing when I hear it.   And, of course I knew you were doing a parody.  Just because you were bad does not mean you were not funny.  You were funny....you just were inaccurate about Iglesias's background.  Whattsamatta you? Can't take a little correction? What is Steve tells you your accordian accompaniment is all wrong...will you be unable to deal with that?

And I have been dealing with Steve's singing since we were sophomores in high school.  

Dude, seriously, stop eating paint chips. I played guitar for Steve for 3 hours, sang a few tunes and basically was his sideman for whatever direction he wanted to give me. Don't be concerned with my studio demeanor. I have played on over 1,200 projects in my day. I will delight Steve when he decides to send me the track. Don't worry, Pal...nobody... and i mean nobody... can touch me.

Absolutely incorrect. Hebrew is the faith. Being a Jew has to do with origin. And by the way.....I never said Iglesias was Italian. I just said, imagine we are in Italy.

Hmmm.....I wonder if we can get an official ruling on that.    Actually, Judaism is the faith....if I am not mistaken. I am not sure that  being "Jewish"  has a racial element to it. I have seen white Jews, Brown Jews, Black Jews...etc.   I think we would need a more definitive opinion on this.

Dude, seriously, stop eating paint chips. I played guitar for Steve for 3 hours, sang a few tunes and basically was his sideman for whatever direction he wanted to give me. Don't be concerned with my studio demeanor. I have played on over 1,200 projects in my day. I will delight Steve when he decides to send me the track. Don't worry, Pal...nobody... and i mean nobody... can touch me.

Trust me, I have not worried one moment about you.   Sometimes I bust your chops, but that is not worry, just entertainment. (like I said, your imitation was pretty effing funny)

As far as your skill and accomplishments as a musician, I am really in no position to tell..in that I am not musician. And I don't really doubt you about it. But, I guess the next time I see Steve I can ask him.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Maybe somebody is missing the joke?

😂

WSS

That anyone could thing the video was a stab at anything but nonsense, continues to remind me of the moronic constituency here. Regarding singing........... well..........again, my threads over the years are full of awe for my crooner friend.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Maybe somebody is missing the joke?

😂

WSS

By the way, I just bought one of the new D'Angelico archtop Jazz guitars. I have to say, at $1,700 the damned thing is close, very close to the level of the great vintage stuff of the 40's. Without the $15K + pricetag.

I miss you, buddy. Next year, I promise, I am coming to see you. 

43 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

By the way, I just bought one of the new D'Angelico archtop Jazz guitars. I have to say, at $1,700 the damned thing is close, very close to the level of the great vintage stuff of the 40's. Without the $15K + pricetag.

I miss you, buddy. Next year, I promise, I am coming to see you. 

Sounds great my friend

WSS

Archived