THE BROWNS BOARD

What week does TieRod get injured/Mayfield Start

Ghoolie

14 hours ago, Flugel said:

Last year, the only misses came when he got benched in the hope the alternative would provide a spark.  Unfortunately the spark they got was a lot like the one my dad's dumb dog got when it lifted its leg on an electrical socket and that ain't good.  Ghoolie must have potty trained that litter.

Anyway, here's what Taylor has done for a team that had a playoff drought that began in 2000 and ended in 2017 with him at QB. If my math is right, he's sported 22-20 record as the #1 QB on the depth chart while he reached the Pro Bowl in his first year in that capacity. 

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
2011 22 BAL   2 3 0   1 1 100.0 18 0 0.0 0 0.0 18 18.0 18.0 18.0 6.0 118.7 13.9 2 3 5.00 5.00 66.7     0
2012 23 BAL   2 7 0   17 29 58.6 179 0 0.0 1 3.4 25 6.2 4.6 10.5 25.6 62.3 52.3 3 30 4.66 3.25 9.4     1
2013 24 BAL   2 3 0   1 5 20.0 2 0 0.0 1 20.0 2 0.4 -8.6 2.0 0.7 0.0 74.8 0 0 0.40 -8.60 0.0     0
2014 25 BAL   2 1 0   0 0   0 0   0   0       0.0   1.7 0 0           0
2015* 26 BUF QB/wr 5 14 14 7-6-0 242 380 63.7 3035 20 5.3 6 1.6 63 8.0 8.3 12.5 216.8 99.4 65.3 36 212 6.79 7.10 8.7 1 2 13
2016 27 BUF QB 5 15 15 7-8-0 269 436 61.7 3023 17 3.9 6 1.4 84 6.9 7.1 11.2 201.5 89.7 61.4 42 192 5.92 6.07 8.8 1 1 15
2017 28 BUF QB 5 15 14 8-6-0 263 420 62.6 2799 14 3.3 4 1.0 47 6.7 6.9 10.6 186.6 89.2 56.4 46 256 5.46 5.67 9.9 1  

Exactly my point, Bozo. He is a .500 QB on a good team with a good coach. AND.............. he DID get benched.

He is Black Tarkenton. Hue Jackson prescribes a dink and dump offense. It scares nobody and opposing defenses will play 15 in the box. No doubt about this Tom, Tie Rod WILL go down and maybe in the Steeler opener. With little offensive weapons and a predictable offense, add a defense that can't stop scoring or get after the QB, and this team will be in obvious passing downs more often that is healthy for a run-first QB. TieRod was Hur Jackson's choice. Hue likes run-first QBs. RG III, Deschidt Kizer and now this ... TIeRod Turder.

On 7/20/2018 at 4:40 PM, boo fagley said:

Bad karma my friend.

Trod will stay in the pocket and pass in Haleys offense.  The weapons are Gordon, Landry, Duke right off the bat. Njoku should make the jump in year 2. Devalve is serviceable. You dont need pro bowlers to win and beat Pittsburgh.

There will be roster cut downs too and Dorsey could land more talent.

NO, HUE's offense............HUE'S offense, run by Haley. 

On 7/21/2018 at 8:17 AM, Flugel said:

😄 I'll make sure I keep realistic expectations while I reply to the same guy that once told me this franchise was named after a 10 year old youth football player named Jim Brown tearing up the gridirons all over Long Island (NY).  I'm guessing this was before you joined the Klan. 

So let me get this straight because, philosophically speaking, it sounds outrageous.  You're saying a Bill Belichick hires a Nick Saban for the responsibility and salary of a Defensive Coordinator Position just so he could fetch coffee and take care of the broom closet all season.  Meanwhile all the entry level guys on a intern salary like Pioli, Dimitroff, Savage, Mangini, Schwartz and others were responsible for keeping Saban out of the film room and out of Belichick's way all season. Why do I get the feeling your shrink spends most of the week belly up on another shrink's couch?  You poor bastard...

Gregg Williams' resume speaks for itself.  Most people that put the 2 minutes of research on him understand what you remain incapable of.  He was the DC of the ONLY Superbowl Championship Drew Brees has been able to celebrate.  It's easy to see why the former Parcels' Assistant (Payton) knew what the X-factor was.  Back then, Brees and Payton could beat Peyton Manning instead of lose to a Case Keenum in the post season.  Williams was the DC for the Titans team that made it to the Superbowl in 99.  Several of his defenses ranked in the top 5 and top 10 overall throughout his tenure.

Long after being promoted to DC, Belichick was once quoted as saying he wrote the entire game plan for Giants' SB Victory over the seemingly unstoppable Buffalo Bills Offense within the 1st 2 days days of a 2 week preparation period.  That type of total empowerment and autonomy wasn't just handed to him right away.  It took extensive experience and a proven track record for a guy like Parcels to trust it to that extent.  Another guy from the same system (Tom Coughlin) has been very successful as well (as his 2-0 in SBs vrs NE depicts). Payton also worked as an OC for Parcels in Dallas. In this era, Coordinators with extensive experience are invaluable to a HC.  Look no further than the impact of Wade Phillips on his last 2 teams in particular.  In fact, we're looking to an entirely different offense run by an entirely different Coach after starting 1-31 with a HC that refused to hire an OC.  That not only puts your argument up in flames; but it has me toasting marshmallows on it...

Tom, you don't know your penis from a stick. Not long ago you puked in your own bush about how Romeo Crennell was the genius behind Bellichik, and Phil Sewage was the genius behind Ozzie. That was total bullschidt, and you just posted total bullschidt.

Every year its the same goddmaned thing...you guys have a circle jerk over our NEW GREAT Coordinators............ Every Fauking year you asssholes sing the same stupid song......"We got great coordinators..... we got great coordinators.... we got great coordinators.................. Coordinators are coffee fetchers....nothing more.

Hue Jackson is the problem with this team. No discussion needed. He is not going to give any autonomy to people who work for him. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN....or it would have by now.

You blowjobs were giving me the same guarantees of "we are finally on the right track" last year. It was bullschidt then, and it's bullshidt now. Here are the facts.

1. Hue Jackson runs the show
  2. The teams biggest problems are lack of discipline, focus, execution. Nothing is changed.
  3. The team has purposely avoided taking the top offensive playmakers and have taken second-tier players ( Mayfield, COleman, Garrett are all second tier talent.)
  4. The Browns continue to acquire second-tier veteran talent and believe that these are game changers.

Hyde = Crowell  no change. Mayfield =Johnny Manzeil, Tyron = RG3 and Kizer = Schidt.

Just watch. it will be the same as last year.............. as the season continues, THIS is what you jars of asss vaseline applicators will be saying......

• We didn't expect the injuries
  • We didn't realize he wasn't that good
  • Hue must go
  • We brought Baker on too early
  • This is what a rebuild looks like

3- 13  +/- 1 win. Book it. 

On 7/21/2018 at 8:24 AM, jiggins7919 said:

<<There's some truth to your words, Ghoolie, but ultimately I believe you'll be one of ones singing a different tune come October. See, Hue Jackson and Dorsey HAVEN'T delivered the same formula entirely, and the single biggest difference is getting a quality QB in his prime to lead our somehow stocked arsenal. I say "somehow" because when you look at the garbage we had at skill positions LAST year, it almost doesn't make sense when compared to this year. >>

NO NO NO... you don't get that BS excuse my friend. At this time last year you guys were blasting me, assuring me that the talent level was vastly improved. Sorry man, the talent level at skilled position is not any better than last year. WHY? Because there are not stars....no achchors. Just a bunch of guys who really need someone else to attract the double teams and the defensive schemes to take pressure off them. You are oging to find that once again, once the games start, that our refusal to acquire the top offensive talent will again cause us embarassment.

<<It's like I said in a similar post, in that having Tyrod boosts our win total by 4 games alone. Just by not turning it over in the red zone (and other places), our team will be "in" so many more games. Let's just pretend that Tyrod has the same basic statistical year that he's had for the last 3 as a starter. He throws for 2800 yards, 15 TDs, 6 picks, and runs for another 450 yards and 5 more scores. Even with those relatively pedestrian numbers, I say that's enough for a minimum of 4 wins alone. Could I be full of crap? Of course, nobody knows the future, but I could also make the argument that Tyrod could be in store for his best statistical year yet, as he will undoubtedly have the best supporting cast of his career, AND an established offensive coordinator with something to prove. >>

He is going to play in an unimaginative offense and will face 9 in the box. He will instinctively run more, and he will, in all probability be hurt, and hurt early. Run-first QBs with Hue's offense are like injured tuna to sharks.

<<Even if our offense is simply mediocre, and we don't hit on every cylinder, I still think we move the ball and score enough points to be more than competitive. You're going to laugh, but the insane key to our passing game is Corey Coleman. If he can somehow remain healthy and live up to his massive potential, we are going to be an absolute nightmare for defenses. Most teams don't have three quality corners (or two, really), and Corey struggled against the team's top CB, but with Josh and Jarvis on the field, he will literally never see those guys again. If there was ever going to be a time for Corey to prove the doubters wrong, it'd be NOW. >>

Coleman played in a flag football league. He was able to take the outside routes in college. He is not physical enough to take them in the NFL. Josh and Jarvis will actually make Coleman LESS effective because he will be running more short routes and routes inside the numbers. Inside the numbers his drop rate is over 11%, I think about 15%, but I am not going to look it up. Corey Coleman dropped a pass that owuld have beat the Steelers last year. He will not change his spots. He is a coward, and he will break your heart in 2019

<<Our defense will be better (I still don't think GOOD yet) and we actually have a little bit of depth. Much of our defense will depend on the abilities of Garrett and Ogbah (and their health), and of we can get to the QB, it's going to be a different season. Training camp begins next week, and I expect us to start out rough like most teams. It will take us a while to get familiar with Haley's style, but when we do, we're going to have a real team. Finally. We absolutely MUST come out of camp unscathed by massive injuries, and our big names can't sustain lingering soft tissue problems. We have a chance to make massive strides this year, and I can't wait to be right. >>

Our pass rush is rated 28th, it is impotent. Garrett is a Zumba instructor. He is not a hitter, he is a sissy boy happy feet dancer. He has no bull rush, and whil he is very fast, as you know, he doesn't want to be in Clevelnd. He isn't going to stay in Cleveland and he isn't going to give his best....even in his own words he said tht he doesnt play hard on every down. WIlliams is a train wreck. He cam from a team that used illegal bounty tactics to go after QBs. He cnt do that any more. His D last year was like the one before him. Mistake prone, undisciplined, penalty ridden and big play easy. So too will his defense crumble and run out of gas in 2018.

<<Now, as far as how long Tyrod stays healthy, who knows? He's proven durable as a starter, but I don't think he's actually ever played all 16. I could be wrong, but I think he generally plays like 14 out of 16 or something. I'll TAKE it. The real question is, who will be second string? I realize the press reported that Baker was taking 2nd string reps at OTA's, but that doesn't mean squat. I have a feeling that Drew Stanton will be the guy getting the nod should Tyrod go down early in the year. If it's later in the year, we might see Baker. I do know we REALLY don't want to rush our prized QB into action, so should the unthinkable happen and Tyrod get hurt, don't be surprised if Stanton is the one jogging onto the field.>>

I believe you have the Browns confused with another franchise. Haslam does not look at Baker Mayfield the way you guys here do. You live in a fantasy world where you believe the Browns are like the Steelers; that they have a strong system of player acquisition and development. Baker Mayfield is totally expendable, and if indeed, as I believe this is groundhog day, Mayfield will start when it appeases fan unrest and media criticism. When TieRod get hurt, and he will, regardless of who backs him up first, at some point, Mayfield will be brough in, (throw schidt against the wall and hope it sticks). If it IS Groundhog day, Mayfield becomes Kizer. It won't matter if he fails because Haslam will be covered. He will have used a #1 #1 for a QB, and at 0 - 16 again (or 3 - 133) his team will again be in position to take yet ANOTHER QB, and THIS TIME.... get it right. Oh, I beleive they FO wants to groom and bring Baker in when the plan calls for it. But the plan will yield to the need of Haslam to make some kind of hail Mary to save the day.

0 -16 is not a high probability, but it also isn't ridiculour either. 

On 7/21/2018 at 4:07 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Everything Ghoolie posts should automatically have this attached to it. I wonder if Zombo could make it happen? 

attention whore.png

I am surprised people still read/respond to it. I read the first sentence and laughed, then continued on with my life.

5 hours ago, Mike H said:

I am surprised people still read/respond to it. I read the first sentence and laughed, then continued on with my life.

It's like some weird Stockholm Syndrome. 

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

NO, HUE's offense............HUE'S offense, run by Haley. 

Haley has always tried to throw the ball. AZ, KC and Pitt. Warner and Ben are throwers. He had Cassel in KC and he did not fit Haleys offense, Pioli could not sign up former NE players fast enough.

The reason why Haley is on the Browns is because Hue had to give up play calling. If Haleys systems works and the Browns win what can Hue say? Nothing. Haley could save Hues job or Hue can seize the play calling duties when he was supposed to relinquish control of the offense.

Right or wrong, if I am Hue I let Haley have the offense. If Haley wins Hue looks good. If Haley loses, Hue looks good because he is not the one who wanted another guy calling the plays. Dorsey is not going to go to bat for Hue if the Browns do not win and he is the OC too.

• Zombo locked this topic

Archived