THE BROWNS BOARD

Who Plays LT?

gumby73

44 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Hit and hope from Sheet for brains Hue Jackson shows no sign of abaiting

Greg Robinson at LT is a complete waste of time and as for giving Bitonio reps back at guard so soon. Embarrassing

Give Robinson reps at the guard spots but that would be too obvious for Captain Numpty 

However if it turns out to be the biggest weakness on the team, that's on Dorsey and it will have to take precedence as out #1 pick next year, or free agency pickup before the draft.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Zeitler is a animal, that missed zero snaps at camp last season while JT & Tretter got days of them. I'd almost bet Zeitler wants those preseason game 3 snaps..

I’ll plus 1 that. I recall Zeitler playing with a broken hand he sustained pretty early on in the season, and played pretty damn well.

I’m hardly a Hue apologist, but Tretter can get a few vet days off imo. He had a history of injury prior to coming here but made it through the season last year and played well, so if a few slack off days helps him get through the season then l’m ok with it.

I rewatched part of the first preseason game and l’m hard pressed to say who the better guard is right now, Corbett or Drango. Both had moments and both looked bad at times. I’d rate them as about equal right now. Corbett probably has the higher learning curve though, but he hardly looked great.

Another thing that caught my eye was poor FB play. I know Vitale out and whoever filled in seemed to block the wrong guy or laid out a dud of a lead block more often than not. 

On 8/4/2018 at 6:40 PM, The Gipper said:

He could be ready by game oneHe could be ready by game one Or at least until the left tackles we are playing now prove they can’t do the job somewhere you know the 1/3 mark of the season

Nah Gip, Joe is totally done with the NFL. He did a sit in on NFLN, and hardly looks like the same person. De-bulked in a big hurry. Doug Dieken did the same thing. I've met Doug several times at BBers events, and you'd never be able to tell he once was a 300+ pound LT. Almost have to go that route if you don't want to die early from a heart attack.

I don't see anything wrong with trying different lineups in training camp. This is the time to do it.

A stubborn coach would say "I'm going with these five and that's it". A good coach watches film every day and sees who is best and who wants it most.

Obviously Coleman didn't cut it on the left hand side.

If Robinson does, then it urns out to be a great pick up by the FO and smart on the part of the coaching staff to weigh all options.

We have the makings of a good, versatile OL if we solve LT.

Corbett isn't quite there yet from what I've seen, but we have three more games for him to prove himself as well.

The coaches don't get nearly the time with players that used to back in the day, if we are still tooling around with the OL the second week in camp I don't see it as a panic, I see it as problem-solving. That's their job.

Zombo

Archived