THE BROWNS BOARD

Why is Jackson Painting Himself Into a Corner?

BobPOUND!

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Just giving you a hard time. I know you aren't Ghoolie, but it is funny to say so.🤩

BTW did I ever tell you about the plane crash of a Cessna 182 in the College Station cemetery? So far Aggieland EMS has recovered 120 bodies.😂

It would kill Ghoolie to say anything good about the Browns.

When I was going to night school, I had an Aggie descriptive geometry teacher.

What a prick, but that sob knew his stuff.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

And you still can't think more than one move ahead...

Dorsey has publicly stated that he would like to offer Taylor an extension if he plays lights out. The Browns have plenty of cap room.

If the Brown are 4 - 4 or 5 - 3 by the end of October I offer more money. Thats the move forward. Let Mayfield take Taylors job away if he can.

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Dorsey has publicly stated that he would like to offer Taylor an extension if he plays lights out. The Browns have plenty of cap room.

If the Brown are 4 - 4 or 5 - 3 by the end of October I offer more money. Thats the move forward. Let Mayfield take Taylors job away if he can.

If the Browns look to resign Taylor for next season to compete against Mayfield for the starting gig than that should be a great indicator that the Browns think they whiffed by taking Mayfield #1 overall. 

Because Tyrod Taylor isn't keeping the #1 overall pick with 30+ college starts off the field in his second NFL season. 

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If the Browns look to resign Taylor for next season to compete against Mayfield for the starting gig than that should be a great indicator that the Browns think they whiffed by taking Mayfield #1 overall. 

Because Tyrod Taylor isn't keeping the #1 overall pick with 30+ college starts off the field in his second NFL season. 

How many years did Rodgers sit on the bench learning before he came in full time and performed lights out from day one?

That is what I hope for the Browns, the luxury of waiting to open a  bottle of fine wine when it is ready.

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

No

You always want players nipping at the heels of guys in front of them. Playing time is earned and you're not entitled to play because of the draft.

Best man for the job. Want to play and start? Be better.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

How many years did Rodgers sit on the bench learning before he came in full time and performed lights out from day one?

That is what I hope for the Browns, the luxury of waiting to open a  bottle of fine wine when it is ready.

Rodgers didn't need 5 years to sit.. And you and anyone is stupid for thinking so.. You either have it from the start.. or you simply don't... The same applies for playing musical instruments.. you've got it... or you simply don't..

18 minutes ago, nickers said:

Rodgers didn't need 5 years to sit.. And you and anyone is stupid for thinking so.. You either have it from the start.. or you simply don't... The same applies for playing musical instruments.. you've got it... or you simply don't..

He sat for 3 years at least.  And it did not hurt him, did it?

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

He sat for 3 years at least.  And it did not hurt him, did it?

The point is.. He never needed to sit , period...

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You don't know that, no one knows that.   It is unknowable.  Sitting may in fact have been the best thing for him.....for all you and we know.

Watching only goes so far.. You eventually have to do it on the field.. Sitting on your A$$ won't help that much...

19 minutes ago, nickers said:

Watching only goes so far.. You eventually have to do it on the field.. Sitting on your A$$ won't help that much...

True...but sitting for some time may still have been helpful.  Besides, that team had a Hall of Fame QB running things for them.

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

True...but sitting for some time may still have been helpful.  Besides, that team had a Hall of Fame QB running things for them.

Of course and I understand that they were letting Favre play out untill he was done.. But he did play for Minnesota for a season before he called it quits...

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Bradshaw absolutely sucked his first few years. So there's that. And I just bought a harmonica on ebay. If I "got it" I'll let you know.🤩

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Actually...I think he also went on to play for the Jets.

yep.. I forgot about that..

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Spot on Aggie.

Brady sat 1 year. Dorsey is clever. If youre Mayfield what are you thinking when Dorsey is talking about an extension for Taylor? 

Youre pi$$ed. Thats supposed to Mayfields job next year, but now Dorsey has given Taylor and Mayfield incentive to work harder.

8 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Spot on Aggie.

Brady sat 1 year. Dorsey is clever. If youre Mayfield what are you thinking when Dorsey is talking about an extension for Taylor? 

Youre pi$$ed. Thats supposed to Mayfields job next year, but now Dorsey has given Taylor and Mayfield incentive to work harder.

Remember that Mayfield signed a #1 player contract.....no financial incentives needed there.

Also your team always wants/needs a good backup quarterback unless Mayfield just falls apart it is his job in 2019 if not late 2018.

15 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Remember that Mayfield signed a #1 player contract.....no financial incentives needed there.

Also your team always wants/needs a good backup quarterback unless Mayfield just falls apart it is his job in 2019 if not late 2018.

The money part of it applies to Taylor.

An extension means that Taylor must be the starter.

14 hours ago, boo fagley said:

The money part of it applies to Taylor.

An extension means that Taylor must be the starter.

Might be interesting to see how everything plays out with Tyrod's 2018 season with the "new look BROWNS" and maybe new philosophy of not trying to kill newbie QBs coming up since 1999.

BROWNS v28.0? For sure a great choice for Hard Knocks on a TV near you tomorrow .....or maybe your favorite bar.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Might be interesting to see how everything plays out with Tyrod's 2018 season with the "new look BEOWNS" and maybe new philosophy of not trying to kill newbie QBs coming up since 1999.

BROWNS v28.0? For sure a great choice for Hard Knocks on a TV near you tomorrow .....or maybe your favorite bar.

I see Taylor playing really good.

Need Dez though.

Archived