THE BROWNS BOARD

Wright Pat AFB - what do ya know

calfoxwc

I never thought so - didn't like dayton, but fishing and hunting out back on base was great fun.

Wright Pat listed as #4 best AFB to be stationed at. Of course, I was there in the 70's...

https://www.airforcetimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2018/01/23/top-5-duty-stations-in-the-air-force/?utm_source=clavis

yeah, I heard about that very thing when I was there. Heard about barrels of experiemental stuff buried somewhere out in the open. I heard once it was far past the flight line toward the end of the base, where not much would grow, so they paved it over. ?

The water quality in the two lakes was fine back then- but there

is some very secret secrets about that base. I was fishing once by myself, back then, at bass lake.

Along the far edge, I was catching crappie along the bank. The sign "no tresspassing" etc etc, was there, and I got hung up on a

tree branch underwater. I had casted past it by about three feet. Well, I waded out three feet and retrieved my fancy lure from the branch as I pulled part of it up....and was startled when I was ordered to retreat from being past the sign.

I turned around, and there was two serious MP's with a big german shepard. So, we talked after I got the hell back from the sign, lol, and I apologized - got hung up, and they saw that. They said the area is monitored, and no personnel are allowed to cross that line.

So, they said we were good, and left. lake and trees and brush. must be some camera on some high tower or something.

Now, I know, that there is a little hangar back there. You can't see in in the summer or spring - but in the winter, I once went back there with a friend to go ice fishing, and you could see that little weird hangar type building since all the leaves were gone.

I imagine that security is for a real good reason, what is the reason ? Don't know.

an entrance to an underground storage area? A rumored series of tunnels? nuclear weapons? that's pretty far from the flight line - it's back toward the very back of the base in the woods.

So, what the heck? I don't know. But i never went near that sign again, I'll tell ya that.

Visited there when I was in the boy scouts from Niles, Ohio in the late 1960s, it was quite neat way back then.

I would have put the AF Academy in Colorado Springs #1. Just too many great places to visit from there, especially the outdoor activities throughout the year. But I fell in love with Colorado when I did two weeks in the summer @ Ft. Carson grading a National Guard Mech Infantry unit on their tactics the second summer after I returned from Vietnam. Called my wife to bring the car and join me for a week long camping trip up in the mountains with stops in Cripple Creek, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Ouray, Silverton, Durango, Pagosa Springs and on down to Santa Fe, NM.

Returned there where all my siblings and parents joined us over the years and now I visit every summer (and again this fall) in Estes Park. What a great state!

19 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

yeah, I heard about that very thing when I was there. Heard about barrels of experiemental stuff buried somewhere out in the open. I heard once it was far past the flight line toward the end of the base, where not much would grow, so they paved it over. ?

The water quality in the two lakes was fine back then- but there

is some very secret secrets about that base. I was fishing once by myself, back then, at bass lake.

Along the far edge, I was catching crappie along the bank. The sign "no tresspassing" etc etc, was there, and I got hung up on a

tree branch underwater. I had casted past it by about three feet. Well, I waded out three feet and retrieved my fancy lure from the branch as I pulled part of it up....and was startled when I was ordered to retreat from being past the sign.

I turned around, and there was two serious MP's with a big german shepard. So, we talked after I got the hell back from the sign, lol, and I apologized - got hung up, and they saw that. They said the area is monitored, and no personnel are allowed to cross that line.

So, they said we were good, and left. lake and trees and brush. must be some camera on some high tower or something.

Now, I know, that there is a little hangar back there. You can't see in in the summer or spring - but in the winter, I once went back there with a friend to go ice fishing, and you could see that little weird hangar type building since all the leaves were gone.

I imagine that security is for a real good reason, what is the reason ? Don't know.

an entrance to an underground storage area? A rumored series of tunnels? nuclear weapons? that's pretty far from the flight line - it's back toward the very back of the base in the woods.

So, what the heck? I don't know. But i never went near that sign again, I'll tell ya that.

You really have never heard about what may be back in there and why that area may have had such tight security?   It is because Wright Patterson is allegedly where they took the aliens or their bodies from the Roswell crash:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4368452/roswell-ufo-dead-aliens-living-secret-us-airforce-base/

Actually, I do know about that - but I always thought that was silly.

or not.

Sure loved fishing back there. The AF stock those two lakes like crazy.

Something really serious was up with that hangar.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Actually, I do know about that - but I always thought that was silly.

or not.

Sure loved fishing back there. The AF stock those two lakes like crazy.

Something really serious was up with that hangar.

Those guards apparently did not think it silly, apparently.

No, I'm serious - out fishing with woods behind me, and they knew I was there.

Some kind of sensor or something? I think they were mad they had to intercept me.

Another time, at the other lake, me and a buddy from Georgia were out wading in the swamp

area, catching frogs. The MP's drove up, asked us what the hell we were up to, and we told em.

They laughed, and wished us luck and drove off.

That area with the sign along the other lake - no laughing matter. That was very, very serious security. They were not happy.

I was always afraid to ask anybody what they might be hiding back there.

Archived