THE BROWNS BOARD

*GAMEDAY THREAD* FRIDAY AUG. 17 - Buffalo at CLE 7:30 pm -or- Baltimore at CLE 7:10 pm your choice!

mjp28

1) jamie collins will not be putting his hand in the dirt as a 4-3 DE anytime soon,  some of u apparently have access to some of that good clev sht ive been hearing alot about lately. Hook me up cause my kent connection dont get me that fuked up.

2) Its preseason, jamie collins will be srarting against pgh on sep 9th. He's still our best LB'er. He can play every single LB'ing spot.

3) All that being said, u all might be right about our depth. I said "might" cause if i was the HC and one of my staff suggested we trade jamie fukking collins cause of "depth" before we played a single down of meaningful football......guess what....

hqdefault.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To this point, Williams is not using Collins at anything but LB. But if you have the game taped? Watch the 1’s on D,as Ogbah is being moved inside and first Avery than Kendrick’s are playing LDE..alot of 4 LB sets ,accured taking Meder,or Ogun off. Leading to 3 straight 3 and outs. At one snap, Williams had Ogbah next to Myles..Williams maybe only toying with some front sets? But with this LB’ing core, 5 deep, it’s fun to watch those kind of results..

spraking of ogbah, i saw another lo g run break to his side as he was getting sealed inside. Id need to look at the play again to see if obe of the other LB'ers had edge responsibility and og was clogging the middle. But in 4-3's ur DE's are supposed to funnel runners into the LB'ers. Ive been writing about our left side run D for going on the 3rd year now. Both him and orchard lose the edge constantly. 

Its possible he was supposed to do that depending on who it was to his right at DT. If it was meder, no chance ogbah was supposed to pinch in and help. Meder is our main interior run stopper now that danny is gone. Perhaps willuams wants ogunjobi helped on the inside? i dunno. But then i have more concerns about our interior run d. 

to me nassib and ogbahs pass rushing is a wash, but nassib is better at holding his edge. Which while im not happy with any of our LDE's, is why id still prefer nassib in at LDE most of the time. But we'll see when the season starts. This to me is ogbah, nassibs and orchards make or break season. If they play only marginally better than the past 2 seasons that LDE spot has to be addressed in the draft

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

This to me is ogbah, nassibs and orchards make or break season. If they play only marginally better than the past 2 seasons that LDE spot has to be addressed in the draft

I think Ogbah gets a break since he missed most of last season with an injury. Needs more time to develop and he is the better pressure LDE. Orchard ran right around Allen and missed the "sure" tackle behind the LOS inside the 10. How can a guy that size fake you out that bad?

23 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think Ogbah gets a break since he missed most of last season with an injury. Needs more time to develop and he is the better pressure LDE. Orchard ran right around Allen and missed the "sure" tackle behind the LOS inside the 10. How can a guy that size fake you out that bad?

Orchard’s one of the dude’s l’m rooting for, but he didn’t look good this game. Seemed like he was overruning and getting out of position all game. 

orchard isnt a 4-3 DE anymore like he was in college. Being drafted by a dipsht franchise that loved drafting 4-3 talent into 3-4 schemes has prob done him no favors. He's not really big enough to be an every down 43DE and not sure he's fast enough to be a 34 or 43 LB. He's just kind of in between everything. 

As a 43 DE he's pure edge rush. But unfirtunately for him our blind side DE is named myles garrett

9 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

orchard .He's not really big enough to be an every down 43DE and not sure he's fast enough to be a 34 or 43 LB. He's just kind of in between everything. 

X Bengal DE Chris Smith. Did he or can he play LDE ? Smith is behind Myles RDE ahead of Orch..

23 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

1) jamie collins will not be putting his hand in the dirt as a 4-3 DE anytime soon,  some of u apparently have access to some of that good clev sht ive been hearing alot about lately. Hook me up cause my kent connection dont get me that fuked up.

2) Its preseason, jamie collins will be srarting against pgh on sep 9th. He's still our best LB'er. He can play every single LB'ing spot.

3) All that being said, u all might be right about our depth. I said "might" cause if i was the HC and one of my staff suggested we trade jamie fukking collins cause of "depth" before we played a single down of meaningful football......guess what....

LB depth and lakc of a quality starter opposite MG is why I see JC at LDE... with his hand in the dirt.

He may still be our best LB, although that is debatable,  but it's about putting the best 11 on the field not the best LB at LB.

he's an awesome run stopping lb'er but can he grapple with a RT on every down? to me that doesnt seem to be his thing. Sure he xan bring alot of speed to power when he starts 5 yds off the los... but if a RT can get his hands on him right off the snap, u think he can be that every down LDE that has to deal with the RT who is usually the road grading run block type.....??

On 8/20/2018 at 2:05 PM, Clevfan4life said:

he's an awesome run stopping lb'er but can he grapple with a RT on every down? to me that doesnt seem to be his thing. Sure he xan bring alot of speed to power when he starts 5 yds off the los... but if a RT can get his hands on him right off the snap, u think he can be that every down LDE that has to deal with the RT who is usually the road grading run block type.....??

Could be... but IIRC he often put his hand in the dirt in NE..

The guy can set the edge... has speed... .just makes sense to me

Archived