THE BROWNS BOARD

*GAMEDAY THREADS* Eagles & Lions

mjp28

6 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Well Baker might get a few weeks of few or no snaps depending on how the season goes, play him like you would a normal preseason quarterback, the first half plus first drive (or so) in the third quarter. 

Then Stanton, are the BROWNS going to carry three quarterbacks......I imagine that they will.

last I heard was 3 so give Stanton all those snaps and let baker watch cause he is the future face of the franchise why take a chance of getting him hurt vs a bunch of scrubs who may be bubble players trying to make a name for themselves

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, syd said:

last I heard was 3 so give Stanton all those snaps and let baker watch cause he is the future face of the franchise why take a chance of getting him hurt vs a bunch of scrubs who may be bubble players trying to make a name for themselves

That's the dilemma of sorts when you have a 1 and 1a quarterback instead of a 1 and 2, how much live fire do you give the week 1 starter.....zero. How much to the #1 pick in the draft? The 33 million dollar man and heir apparent to the crown, eh, we'll see on that.

14 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

That's the dilemma of sorts when you have a 1 and 1a quarterback instead of a 1 and 2, how much live fire do you give the week 1 starter.....zero. How much to the #1 pick in the draft? The 33 million dollar man and heir apparent to the crown, eh, we'll see on that.

well I have read up on nfl rules and no we just cannot take a knee to end the game in the first quarter  but we can punt on first down so give are special teams some practice

1 minute ago, syd said:

well I have read up on nfl rules and no we just cannot take a knee to end the game in the first quarter  but we can punt on first down so give are special teams some practice

I remember of a few old snowstorm college games where they'd punt on first down to try and recover the fumble.

But no I guess you can't just forfeit the games and go home, or can you? Hmmmmm, the vendors would hate that!

20 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Then Stanton, are the BROWNS going to carry three quarterbacks......I imagine that they will.

Plus one on the PS...

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The Cook?  Casey Ryback?

That black Tarkenton guy who retired 40+ years ago? :lol:

Seriously though it's Mayfield's team in the first half and a bit beyond.

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The 4th string backup QB of the Browns.....Brogan Ryback.

Maybe Bill Belichick will pick him up and groom him to be Brady's replacement? Eh?

Oh on the 1pm Indians game NO LOCAL TV, Hammy time for me on the radio......not a bad way to enjoy a baseball game, while you catch up on your knitting or whatever.  

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh on the 1pm Indians game NO LOCAL TV, Hammy time for me on the radio......not a bad way to enjoy a baseball game, while you catch up on your knitting or whatever.  

Or monthly bills...

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

How many of you listen to games on the radio? I have WKBN 570 out of Youngstown on, a good AM station which really can carry out there, I know guys down south that occasionally catch it.

How many of you watch none, part or all of preseason football games? Game 4 in particular. 

ill watch some of the game but I believe there are some collage games on also as far as radio I used to years ago it seems to be a lost art (any kind of sports radio listening) on mlbtv it was either the reds game or the tribe we got the reds on the west coast

28 players listed as out. No Defensive starters will play...Baker a half.Bro'bie 2nd half.Stanton a safety net.Chubb,Callaway,Corbett,Zeitler will play on limited snap count..

This is the only preseason game I'm able to watch.   :rolleyes:   

Cleveland Browns Not Expected to Play:

5         QB      Tyrod Taylor 
12       WR     Josh Gordon 
20       DB      Briean Boddy-Calhoun
21       DB      Denzel Ward
22       DB      Jabrill Peppers
23       DB      Damarious Randall
26       DB      Derrick Kindred
28       DB      E.J. Gaines
29       RB      Duke Johnson Jr.
34       RB      Carlos Hyde
38       DB      T.J. Carrie
39       DB      Terrance Mitchell
40       FB       Danny Vitale
51       LB      Jamie Collins Sr.
53       LB      Joe Schobert
55       LB      Genard Avery
58       LB      Christian Kirksey
64       OL      JC Tretter
65       DL      Larry Ogunjobi
74       OL      Chris Hubbard
75       OL      Joel Bitonio
80       WR     Jarvis Landry
85       TE       David Njoku
87       TE       Seth DeValve
90       DL      Emmanuel Ogbah
93       DL      Trevon Coley
95       DL      Myles Garrett
98       DL      Jamie Meder

Browns inactives tonight:

QB Taylor; RB Hyde, Johnson, Vitale; WR Gordon, Landry; TE Njoku, DeValve; OL Bitonio, Tretter, Hubbard

DL Garrett, Ogbah, Coley, Meder, Ogunjobi; LB Kirksey, Schobert, Collins, Avery; DB Ward, Mitchell, Randall, Peppers, Boddy-Calhoun, Kindred, Gaines, Carrie

Reading between the lines, that's 28 guys who are on the 53. Add 3 STs players, Baker and Stanton, Chubb, Callaway, Higgins, Corbett, and Zeitler... that brings it up to 38.

Im sure there are a couple more that are "locks" but that leaves 15 spots. 

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yep, just watching 35 to 40 guys that will probably be selling insurance next week.

Of about 1,200 in total out there.

WHOA a pick six!  Interesting for a 4th game. 

Interesting listening to John Dorsey........ next his reaction to Baker doing him. 

2 minutes ago, syd said:

we got that pick 6 and the only thing that went through my mind was thank god baker is done But know fuking hue tries to get him killed for a 2 pointer FUK hue

As we got closer to the goal line because of Lion penalties I was thinking, Watch!  That butt Hue is gonna make Baker run a QB sneak.

Archived