THE BROWNS BOARD

Are we all living in a simulation?

DieHardBrownsFan

Many people through the years have been searching for the truth, searching for reality. Jesus said I am the way, the truth (translated reality) and the life (Jn 14:6). That is what I am sticking with. The bible is full of revelation knowledge, knowledge we could not know unless God revealed it to us. It gives us the reason for the universe, the reason for the earth and the reason for man among other things. In Jesus's life he was constantly pulling the curtain back to show us there was more reality than this physical world. I would compare those who only see a physical world and denying a spiritual one to a fish in a pond believing that nothing existed outside the pond.

**I was watching the news tonight and there was Elon Musk smoking some weed during an interview...just saying

25 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Many people through the years have been searching for the truth, searching for reality. Jesus said I am the way, the truth (translated reality) and the life (Jn 14:6). That is what I am sticking with. The bible is full of revelation knowledge, knowledge we could not know unless God revealed it to us. It gives us the reason for the universe, the reason for the earth and the reason for man among other things. In Jesus's life he was constantly pulling the curtain back to show us there was more reality than this physical world. I would compare those who only see a physical world and denying a spiritual one to a fish in a pond believing that nothing existed outside the pond.

**I was watching the news tonight and there was Elon Musk smoking some weed during an interview...just saying

I got a good chuckle out of you thinking Elons take is ridiculous

Well if you think about it we're just made of little electrons circling around some little quarks that somehow all came into being about 13+ billion years ago. I think I'll let God play this little experiment out to wherever it came from and/or is going. Funny thing is we are all made of second and third hand star dust in a solar system roughly 1/3 the age of the known universe.

On 9/7/2018 at 9:48 PM, OldBrownsFan said:

what u people wont cop to is that 2000 odd years ago some folks smoked a bunch of srsly legit dank, just like elon, and 2000 odd years and billions of wasted lives later.....here we are. 

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well if you think about it we're just made of little electrons circling around some little quarks that somehow all came into being about 13+ billion years ago. I think I'll let God play this little experiment out to wherever it came from and/or is going. Funny thing is we are all made of second and third hand star dust in a solar system roughly 1/3 the age of the known universe.

So, 2000 year old stardust, then? :D

This is nonsense. The simple proof of it, is that root beer is great.

Campfires are great.

"simulation"...

may as well go read the Kafka story about a guy who wakes up as an insect.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

This is nonsense. The simple proof of it, is that root beer is great...

Both of those are subjective (I agree with you, however).

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

"simulation"...

No more ridiculous than most of the stories in the Bible, Koran, Vedic texts, Buddhist texts, etc, that billions of people believe in wholeheartedly on little to no evidence. 

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

This is nonsense. The simple proof of it, is that root beer is great.

Campfires are great.

"simulation"...

How's that simulated squirrel working out for you cal?🐿️

14 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Both of those are subjective (I agree with you, however).

No more ridiculous than most of the stories in the Bible, Koran, Vedic texts, Buddhist texts, etc, that billions of people believe in wholeheartedly on little to no evidence. 

Actually, more and more evidence is being discovered that correlates to stories in the Bible.

The fiction Kafka story was simple admitted fiction.

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

How's that simulated squirrel working out for you cal?🐿️

no, those are real squirrels, trust me. Squirrel and rabbit season starts Oct. 7th.

Oh, boy oh boy.

Ohio resident landowners, spouses, and their children are not required to have a hunting license, fur taker permit, either-sex deer permit, antlerless deer permit, spring or fall turkey permit, or Ohio Wetlands Habitat Stamp when hunting or trapping on land they own.

13 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

no, those are real squirrels, trust me. Squirrel and rabbit season starts Oct. 7th.

Oh, boy oh boy.

Ohio resident landowners, spouses, and their children are not required to have a hunting license, fur taker permit, either-sex deer permit, antlerless deer permit, spring or fall turkey permit, or Ohio Wetlands Habitat Stamp when hunting or trapping on land they own.

And I can't even use a shotgun on the damn coyotes that have killed 3 of my fawns this year. County protects them.

6 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Coyotes are protected in Texas? They are a nuisance animal in WV. We can dust them at will.

Each county has power over what animals are protected any given year excluding national protected species. We do have too many deer in this county and too few predators to keep them in check, but dammit those were my new fawns on my f'n property they got. I love watching them off my back porch when they hang out near the treeline of my woods in the "outback". I have only one left but he's now faster than the older deer. Survival of the fittest is a tough law, but it still applies.

Archived