THE BROWNS BOARD

Pluto

Westside Steve

Yes WSS I like reading Terry Pluto and try to get the best or real crux out of his articles:

...... DON'T BE SCARED.

That came into play when the Dorsey front office made three deals on the eve of free agency.

His front office turned former starting quarterback DeShone Kizer along with draft picks in the third, fourth and seventh rounds, into DeMarious Randall, Jarvis Landry and Tyrod Taylor.

Some NFL people and media types criticized Dorsey for dealing draft choices for Landry and Taylor. Landry was in line for a huge contract (5-year, $75 million with $47 million guaranteed). Taylor came with a $16 million salary and can be a free agent at the end of the 2018 season.

Dorsey was on the job for the final four games of the regular season, and he believed the Browns could have won two of those games with an experienced quarterback who didn't turn the ball over. He's not faulting Kizer.

"He was just a kid!" Dorsey said of the then 21-year-old rookie.

But the Browns needed a quarterback and a receiver who have been successful and reliable in the NFL......

How true.

But who here right now isn't a bit nervous or scared, a bit, until the ball is kicked off at 1 pm today?

GO BROWNS, time to just do it, step 1.

"You want to build a long-term program, "he said. "But you also want to build it to win quickly. That's because of the situation at hand."

Nice trick if you can do it. So far I do like the approach I see. The approach this quote encapsulates...

"In free agency, we may have missed on 1-2 guys," said Dorsey. "But we're trying to do it without breaking the bank."

16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's interesting that the Browns new administration's mantra is "Don't Be Scared" and they bring in a QB in Taylor who at times frustrated the Bills because he would refuse to push the ball downfield. 

Problem is/was what NFL experienced quarterbacks were knocking down the doors to come to the graveyard for quarterbacks, Cleveland, Ohio? 

On v29.0? I keep forgetting how many, oh this sounds like draft talk. :o

Just now, mjp28 said:

Problem is/was what NFL experienced quarterbacks were knocking down the doors to come to the graveyard for quarterbacks, Cleveland, Ohio? 

On v29.0? I keep forget how many, oh this sounds like draft talk. :o

I'm totally fine with Taylor keeping Mayfield's seat warm for this season, or most of it... but it is interesting to me. 

40 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's interesting that the Browns new administration's mantra is "Don't Be Scared" and they bring in a QB in Taylor who at times frustrated the Bills because he would refuse to push the ball downfield. 

Somewhere as I type this the T-shirts are already in production...

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Somewhere as I type this the T-shirts are already in production...

"BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!"  Well for the opponents coming into the Dawgs Pound.

Archived