THE BROWNS BOARD

Latest Pluto

Westside Steve

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

https://articles.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/09/cleveland_browns_pregame_scrib_78.amp

Possibly the most reasonable and rational sports writer in town.

WSS

"16. I suggest Jones pull his special teams together. They have been generally terrible since training camp opened. In his last five years as special teams coach in Arizona, his unit ranked in the bottom of the NFL in several key categories most seasons."

Someone explain why this guy was even hired by let alone stays with the Browns. His ST's suck big time. And exactly how was a 270 lb. DE first down under one of our punts making a great tackle during preseason. Shouldn't some of the ST players been there before him? I know Garrett is fast, but surely someone on ST's is faster and more effective. It's stupefying!

On Pluto's remarks......

NEW ORLEANS -- Scribbles in my Browns notebook as they prepare to play in New Orleans:

1. Can the Browns win this game? I'd feel better if the game was in Cleveland - in a monsoon or blizzard. While all the rain helped frustrate Browns quarterback Tyrod Taylor last Sunday, it had an even bigger impact on Ben Roethlisberger. The Pittsburgh quarterback threw three interceptions and fumbled twice. Five turnovers from a future Hall of Fame quarterback. The Steelers had a total of six turnovers.....

.....18. Now that Josh Gordon is done with the Browns, I hope they work Rashard Higgins more into the offense. He can help in the short and medium passing game.

19. I'm very interested to see how the Browns look without Gordon. Can Callaway make a big play? Or someone else running a deep pattern. I do expect a huge game from Jarvis Landry.

20: Prediction: Saints 27, Browns 20. Too much Drew Brees for New Orleans and not enough offense for the Browns. 

28 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Haley should be fired.

im not there quite yet but im close. If those odfensive calls are all on haley, and not on tyrod audibling.....than haley would be on a thin line. We had just gotten a PI in the endzone which put the ball on the 1. They hurry to the line in a power I and instead of smashing it in with carlos haley has tyrod get cute with a PA that never transpired.....i was foaming.

I'm going to break my 24 hour no posting rule, but I think I'm OK. 

I'm merely going to write that the Browns never had a chance to win this game, regardless of FG kicking or whatever else. We lost this game when it was 12-3 and you all know it. I was at the game, for some reason. I traveled 400 miles to watch it. I knew beforehand what would happen, even if my predicted score was off. The season is over before it started, and we're going to lose again in just 4 days. Rookie QBs always look great against us, you all know this. 

I can't wait to see how we lose our next game. It's sure to be interesting. For those fans who want us to actually win, I'm sorry. Our injuries will begin to mount, we'll lose more players, and we'll begin to lose by more and more points. It's the natural progression of things. 

As I sat in my seat, high up in the Super Dome, the Saints fans cheered ravenously. The music blared, people danced, and players hugged themselves. It really looked fun. I couldn't help but be a tad bit jealous of the celebration, and I tried to let my imagination wander to what it would be like to win games, to win at the last second, to actually feel like we're going to make the winning play, instead of find another way to lose. I sat there in my seat laughing hysterically at the Browns, laughing until I had tears in my eyes. I laughed because it was genuinely funny, comical even. I laughed at how upset our coach was, because he genuinely thought he had a chance to win. 

We were going to lose this game, and the funniest thing was everyone knew it except for our coaches and players. They actually thought they were going to pull it out. 

Now THAT'S funny. 

11 hours ago, LBC mike said:

We had both the last two games in the bag.  Sorry kicking game cost us in the end.

Yeah 300# linemen kill themselves all game, RBs and QBs get hit play after play, kickoff teams, everyone giving they're all for one guy to...... "keeek de ball".....to win the game.  He doesn't even get to try a flop if he's unhappy.

Almost as bad as soccer.  <_<

Archived