THE BROWNS BOARD

Dutch's Droppings

Dutch Oven

I am not in total disagreement. Farmer brought good talent here. I really am the first one here who said Hue would be a failure. Because his first QTR of preseason demonstrated the same mistakes and shortcomings. People are slobbering over Dorsey, but right now the "we are way improved on paper" is looking less and less like it will prove out on the field.

Keenum, Mccarron, others, far better than this piece of Tarkenton that we have. TieRod versus Darnold? DOn't care about all the other talent on the field, I don't see how Tyrod beats a guy like that.

You watching Barkely tonight? Tell me, has Dorsey brought us THREE players who have made as many plays in 2 weeks as this kid has tonight? Do you think for one minute that Haslam is watching that kid and asking himself how do we make 4 #1 picks in the past 2 years, and not have a single player of Barkley's caliber? I promise you, Dorsey isn't the hero in Haslam's mind that fans think he is.

No playmakers. That's why the Browns lost today. If Zane made his kicks, Brees would have had an answer.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what the guy did. People here are fauked up with this bullschidt of how important football is. It IS A GAME................... nothing more. There is no nobility to this horse crap, no honor, no dignity, it is all bullschidt. People getting paid to take performance-enhancing chemicals, If a man feels that he has nothing left to give, nobody, not the league, the team, the fans or the players have the right to tell a man he has to keep playing. Who the hail is anyone to tell another human being what to do with their body?

Whatever you say, troll. 

Football isn't that important to you, but when you got kicked off a message board that TALKS about football, you begged and pleaded to the owner to be let back on. 

Laughable. 

2 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I am not in total disagreement. Farmer brought good talent here. I really am the first one here who said Hue would be a failure. Because his first QTR of preseason demonstrated the same mistakes and shortcomings. People are slobbering over Dorsey, but right now the "we are way improved on paper" is looking less and less like it will prove out on the field.

Keenum, Mccarron, others, far better than this piece of Tarkenton that we have. TieRod versus Darnold? DOn't care about all the other talent on the field, I don't see how Tyrod beats a guy like that.

You watching Barkely tonight? Tell me, has Dorsey brought us THREE players who have made as many plays in 2 weeks as this kid has tonight? Do you think for one minute that Haslam is watching that kid and asking himself how do we make 4 #1 picks in the past 2 years, and not have a single player of Barkley's caliber? I promise you, Dorsey isn't the hero in Haslam's mind that fans think he is.

No playmakers. That's why the Browns lost today. If Zane made his kicks, Brees would have had an answer.

at this point in the day I am kinda Shmucked up I have the game on but not paying attention is Berkley really having a good game ?

5 minutes ago, syd said:

at this point in the day I am kinda Shmucked up I have the game on but not paying attention is Berkley really having a good game ?

He is garnering most of the comments, and making a lot of impressive plays. His team stinks, but so did Simms' Lions. Barkley is a stud. Hoorta is home vomiting at the thought that we passed on the guy. Passing on him is perhaps the dumbest draft move the Browns have ever made.

5 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

He is garnering most of the comments, and making a lot of impressive plays. His team stinks, but so did Simms' Lions. Barkley is a stud. Hoorta is home vomiting at the thought that we passed on the guy. Passing on him is perhaps the dumbest draft move the Browns have ever made.

you mean over gilbert and manziel when we could have had those guys that the raiders picked

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Scoreboard: Play maker Barf-ey now 0-2.  He's making a huge difference in the win column all righty.    For the record Trollie, the almighty Barf-ey currently has one more rushing yard, and one less touchdown than Carlos Hyde.  Maybe he "just needs more time" like Paxton Lynch. :D 

No, I don't miss Barf-ey at all, Mayfield and Ward were the correct draft picks. In fact, my not so bold prediction- echoed by football analysts who have more football smarts in their big toe than you have in your entire body- say THE GIANTS ARE GOING TO REGRET PASSING ON SAM DARNOLD. 

This team simply refuses to win. It really defies logic. You couldn't design a team to look competent, play competitively, yet somehow never win. I'm now undecided if there is an inner conspiracy involving all the coaches and players, or this is the Twilight Zone. I have no confidence that we will ever win another game...in fact I don't expect to see another win. I don't care if we trade for Tom Brady, A.J. Green, Antonio Brown, Aaron Rodgers, etc. We won't win another game....ever. Dorsey is a moron for keeping Gonzalez and cutting the other guy ( can't remember his name, but he did pretty well ). 0 - 15 - 1 is looking like reality about now. Thank God for that tie!

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I do not in any instance blame Hue for today's loss. 

I don't think he's doing a good job, I think he's gone at the end of the season, but today was on the player's. 

They were in position to win, and THEY blew it. 

Agree except for one point...

Knowing your kicker is struggling with 8 seconds left I run one more play at the end of regulation to try to pick up a few more yards. Probably tell Haley to call a roll out and TT to throw an out quickly either to a receiver or OB.

Hue was the one who made the call to kick it when we did.

14 hours ago, Mark O said:

Really only one player blew it.  

No... this is never the case. Every player walked off that field thinking of plays they did not make that could have made a difference in the end result. The more skilled/specialized the position they play the greater the number.

Zane's plays were simply the most obvious ones.

I’m actually not so down in the dumps over this one.

A lot of the press leading up to this game made it sound like the Drew Brees machine was going walk all over us. I felt like the Browns dictated the pace of much of the game though, until the end of course.

Our offense, while not flashy, seemed to have a good balanced game plan that suited the players. Clock eating dink and dunk. 

The defense made Brees and co seem less high powered than they are. 

I guess l got the Browns version of Stockholm syndrome where l’m pleased at the moment over certain progress being made. 

33 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I’m actually not so down in the dumps over this one.

A lot of the press leading up to this game made it sound like the Drew Brees machine was going walk all over us. I felt like the Browns dictated the pace of much of the game though, until the end of course.

Our offense, while not flashy, seemed to have a good balanced game plan that suited the players. Clock eating dink and dunk. 

The defense made Brees and co seem less high powered than they are. 

I guess l got the Browns version of Stockholm syndrome where l’m pleased at the moment over certain progress being made. 

For me, this is easy to swallow as I didn't watch this last game.

But keeping 2 of the best offenses in the league on 21 points, with many chances to win both and commanding one of the games (and AWAY) is something to be optimistic about. 

We need tweaking but offense improved somewhat from last Sunday and we are a team with many new faces. 

I hope the team keeps fighting so we reach some well deserved victories.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

No... this is never the case. Every player walked off that field thinking of plays they did not make that could have made a difference in the end result. The more skilled/specialized the position they play the greater the number.

Zane's plays were simply the most obvious ones.

Well true....but there is only one player who wasn't at any point successful in doing his job and had several chances to perform at the only job that he has and failed at it each and every time yesterday.

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Scoreboard: Play maker Barf-ey now 0-2.  He's making a huge difference in the win column all righty.    For the record Trollie, the almighty Barf-ey currently has one more rushing yard, and one less touchdown than Carlos Hyde.  Maybe he "just needs more time" like Paxton Lynch. :D 

No, I don't miss Barf-ey at all, Mayfield and Ward were the correct draft picks. In fact, my not so bold prediction- echoed by football analysts who have more football smarts in their big toe than you have in your entire body- say THE GIANTS ARE GOING TO REGRET PASSING ON SAM DARNOLD. 

Barkley has a 2.0 ypc average, if you take out the one big play he made. 

But it may not be all his fault.   The Giants have a crap OL, that can't run block nor protect Eli.

4 hours ago, lodilobo said:

This team simply refuses to win. It really defies logic. You couldn't design a team to look competent, play competitively, yet somehow never win. I'm now undecided if there is an inner conspiracy involving all the coaches and players, or this is the Twilight Zone. I have no confidence that we will ever win another game...in fact I don't expect to see another win. I don't care if we trade for Tom Brady, A.J. Green, Antonio Brown, Aaron Rodgers, etc. We won't win another game....ever. Dorsey is a moron for keeping Gonzalez and cutting the other guy ( can't remember his name, but he did pretty well ). 0 - 15 - 1 is looking like reality about now. Thank God for that tie!

It seems that their motto is:  Whatever It Takes To Lose, We Will Do.

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

But it may not be all his fault.   The Giants have a crap OL, that can't run block nor protect Eli.

Yes and still a bit too early for any of the newbies to get any remotely accurate report cards. 

2 hours ago, Nero said:

For me, this is easy to swallow as I didn't watch this last game.

But keeping 2 of the best offenses in the league on 21 points, with many chances to win both and commanding one of the games (and AWAY) is something to be optimistic about. 

We need tweaking but offense improved somewhat from last Sunday and we are a team with many new faces. 

I hope the team keeps fighting so we reach some well deserved victories.

So you're Ofer2 in games watched? ;)

Only point on which I differ... our O improved more than "somewhat". True the points don't show it, but go back to the peanut galleries cries after the opener... penalty this... stupid penalties that.

This week we had zero... that's zero as in not a single one... penalties on the Offense this week. That's a huge jump in discipline.

Week 2 we did not beat ourselves.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Well true....but there is only one player who wasn't at any point successful in doing his job and had several chances to perform at the only job that he has and failed at it each and every time yesterday.

Who kicked the 2 made FGs? ;)

Just being picky here... I think a change is in order as well... not for the sake of change, but even that is a very close call.

Just now, Tour2ma said:

Who kicked the 2 made FGs? ;)

Just being picky here... I think a change is in order as well... not for the sake of change, but even that is a very close call.

hes missed more than he makes.   Thats not good enough.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Only point on which I differ... our O improved more than "somewhat". True the points don't show it, but go back to the peanut galleries cries after the opener... penalty this... stupid penalties that.

This week we had zero... that's zero as in not a single one... penalties on the Offense this week. That's a huge jump in discipline.

0.5 for 2. Sadly, it's not easy for me to watch the games due to gametime and compromises. Hopefully my friends start turning a bit Brown fans and I can watch the games live!

Agreed on penalties. Anyway, I remember that last year they had at a game zero penalties and it didn't result in an overall progression through the season... As we kept losing afterwards.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Zero false start penalties in the dome is a small victory in itself.

44 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Zero false start penalties in the dome is a small victory in itself.

I think Browns fans are starting to show up at away games.   It seemed from TV anyway that the stadium was about  1/4th to  a third Browns fans. 

On TV, Duke Johnson made a good play and the DOOOK calls came out.     The silly announcer said something like "Boy Saints fans are not happy at this point with the performance of their team"   Idjit.

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree except for one point...

Knowing your kicker is struggling with 8 seconds left I run one more play at the end of regulation to try to pick up a few more yards. Probably tell Haley to call a roll out and TT to throw an out quickly either to a receiver or OB.

Hue was the one who made the call to kick it when we did.

The guy missed two extra points. 

This team is one decent kicker away from being 2-0, and Browns fans are just dying to fire Hue.

Could you imagine what would happen to Hue if they run one more play and there's a bad snap, a holding call, a complete pass in-bounds, or any other thing that could happen when you have no timeouts and the Browns never even get to attempt a field goal?

Another five yards wouldn't had mattered. There was no way in hell that kid was making that kick regardless if it was 52 yards or 42 yards. He had the yips. He was in full-blown Tin Cup mode. 

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Could you imagine what would happen to Hue if they run one more play and there's a bad snap, a holding call, a complete pass in-bounds, or any other thing that could happen when you have no timeouts and the Browns never even get to attempt a field goal?

So your reply is to coach "scared"? That thinking can poison a team.

See anything close to a bad snap all game long?

Maybe the five yards would have made no difference... maybe it would have. We'll never know, will we?

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Why would you take out the big play?

He's had over 100 yards from scrimmage in both games he has played in the NFL and has a 4.6 ypc.

Z

10 hours ago, Zombo said:

Why would you take out the big play?

He's had over 100 yards from scrimmage in both games he has played in the NFL and has a 4.6 ypc.

Z

But it is only like 2.0 without the big plays.   Sure, big plays count.  But he has a long way to go to prove anything.

23 hours ago, The Gipper said:

But it is only like 2.0 without the big plays.   Sure, big plays count.  But he has a long way to go to prove anything.

If they count, why did you just subtract them again?

He is third among NFL running backs in total yards.

Zombo

Archived