THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign kicker

darren15

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Great move -  I just wonder if he was hurt. Or, wore his knee out. Something?

Had to make that move - they did, we're good. Had a groin injury?

Who is the special teams coach again?

dammit.

"ANUS JONES"

Where's Phil Dawson? Sure he'd like to retire a Brown. He'd probably be released for some reason- likely that the fans respect him more that the HC.

6 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Where's Phil Dawson? Sure he'd like to retire a Brown. He'd probably be released for some reason- likely that the fans respect him more that the HC.

He's in Arizona.... Hasn't kicked a FG yet this season.   

5 minutes ago, Mark O said:

He's in Arizona.... Hasn't kicked a FG yet this season.   

Thanks, good look.

15 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Still on the Cardinals roster AFAIK. 

14 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Still on the Cardinals roster AFAIK. 

Thanks. Should have traded Gordon for him... 

Just now, PoeticG said:

Thanks. Should have traded Gordon for him... 

Scratch that, I wouldn't wish this Sheet show on old Phil, he deserves better.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I saw the kid in Berea. He hit more than one from 60 and had a wee bit to spare. The Browns should have supported this kid and kept him. This is going to come back and haunt them. Dorsey looks more and more like a loser every passing moment.

World-class troll work right here. 

30 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Scratch that, I wouldn't wish this Sheet show on old Phil, he deserves better.

Calm down Po- yeah it hurts losing Josh, but put your thinking cap on- Gordon complains Saturday he has a hammie, and today it's miraculously 100% better, something is rotten in Denmark- or Berea. Josh bought his ticket out of town with that one. And as Mark said- Dorsey didn't take kindly to Kendricks lying to him about his involvement in the insider trading. He's also looking at significant jail time. Not like he's another Kahlil Mack either. 

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

World-class troll work right here. 

Exactly- A flat out lie, I've caught him in at least one other one lately. He's never been in Ohio of late, so how could he see what was going on in training camp? 

FWIW, the post is gone, and Ghoolie is gone for several days. Z gave him another kiddie timeout. 

7 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

dubious. What college did zane go to? Is it schefters alma mater?

ASU...

... but also went to Deer Park H.S. Where I lived we hated those guys...

I'm somewhat confused.

The kicker we signed hit only 69.5% of his FGs in college. Did we base the signing on 3 for 3 in Dolphins pre season plus a single workout here & ignore his "in game" experience? Almost sounds like a combine warrior to me. 

Also, what became of Ross Martin, the Ohio kid who competed against Gonzalez in TC? He had a real chance of beating Gonzalez out & was a surprise cut to many.

As always, I'll support the player the Browns put out there, but this IS a bit of a "head scratcher". Canton Mike

Mike

10 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I'm somewhat confused.

The kicker we signed hit only 69.5% of his FGs in college. Did we base the signing on 3 for 3 in Dolphins pre season plus a single workout here & ignore his "in game" experience? Almost sounds like a combine warrior to me. 

Also, what became of Ross Martin, the Ohio kid who competed against Gonzalez in TC? He had a real chance of beating Gonzalez out & was a surprise cut to many.

As always, I'll support the player the Browns put out there, but this IS a bit of a "head scratcher". Canton Mike

Mike

Couldn’t agree more Mike. He’s much worse than 69% at 40+ too.  With Santos out there this one blows my mind. Zane was great Inc work outs too but in real games he sucked. Let’s hope we are wrong on this. 

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Also, what became of Ross Martin, the Ohio kid

Ross Martin (born July 3, 1993) is an American football placekicker who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Duke and holds a school record for most field goals (78), extra points (196), and total points (430). Martin made 83% of his collegiate field goal attempts.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Martin_(American_football)

As an aside.... Zane hit 83% of his FGs.

Sometimes guys just lose it...

1133287040_Screenshot_2018-09-18ZaneGonzalezCollegeStatsCollegeFootballatSports-Referencecom.png.9570e7a4abb1b451c40ac10e51b365d8.png

17 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Fukkin autocorrected.

should be...”tienes ese senor correcto”.

I don't know where to begin at correcting that sentence...

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

As an aside.... Zane hit 83% of his FGs.

Sometimes guys just lose it...

1133287040_Screenshot_2018-09-18ZaneGonzalezCollegeStatsCollegeFootballatSports-Referencecom.png.9570e7a4abb1b451c40ac10e51b365d8.png

There was a reason we drafted Zane- he won the Groza Award as the best kicker in college football.  However, IIRC so did Roberto Aguayo and he's also currently unemployed.  I don't know if it was on this board, and you'll have to be an Ohio guy to get the joke- someone called the area to the left and right of the goalposts as "Zanesville".

Regarding our new guy- looking at Steve's video- looks like he has plenty of leg, let's just hope it's accurate. Hah, if he starts messing up, he gets 2-3 games, and we change kickers again, sort of like changing your socks on a regular basis.  :)  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

There was a reason we drafted Zane- he won the Groza Award as the best kicker in college football.  However, IIRC so did Roberto Aguayo and he's also currently unemployed.  I don't know if it was on this board, and you'll have to be an Ohio guy to get the joke- someone called the area to the left and right of the goalposts as "Zanesville".

Well, that explains it then......for him to have been accurate in his kick, the goal post needed to be in the formation of a Y.....not and H.  Like the bridge there.

y-bridge-zanesville-2.jpg

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, that explains it then......for him to have been accurate in his kick, the goal post needed to be in the formation of a Y.....not and H.  Like the bridge there.

y-bridge-zanesville-2.jpg

It would have helped Zane if the goal post was as wide at that bridge, Gip.  :D 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Start with an interpretation of what it is supposed to be saying.   Sorry, I took French, not Spanish.

If you took French instead of Spanish, then you deserve it...

He literally said "you have that sir right". I bet it's a google translation that simply changed word order and translated word by word. 

2 hours ago, Nero said:

If you took French instead of Spanish, then you deserve it...

He literally said "you have that sir right". I bet it's a google translation that simply changed word order and translated word by word. 

I took Spanish years ago (but really suck at it).

The only thing I find more difficult than speaking Spanish...is spelling it.

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I took Spanish years ago (but really suck at it).

The only thing I find more difficult than speaking Spanish...is spelling it.

Don't you say. It is a hundred times easier spelling in Spanish than in English or even French. Like German, you pronounce (thus spell) it the way you write it.

34 minutes ago, Nero said:

Don't you say. It is a hundred times easier spelling in Spanish than in English or even French. Like German, you pronounce (thus spell) it the way you write it.

Every vowel sound is exactly the same sound every time. How can you go wrong C Dawg? Ah eh E O uu (or oo as in google).😁

30 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Every vowel sound is exactly the same sound every time. How can you go wrong C Dawg? Ah eh E O uu (or oo as in google).😁

By spelling I was referring to the masculine and feminine nouns.

I guess I don’t quite get the gender assignments of the language.

For example a masculine noun usually ends with an “o” and a feminine noun ends with an “a”.

Archived