THE BROWNS BOARD

Cutting Corey Coleman

alporcini

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Who is Seth DeValve & why is he still here;)

I dunno!

The most important ability is "avail-ability".....Which is why I am surprised he is still here.

Mike

4 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I dunno!

The most important ability is "avail-ability".....Which is why I am surprised he is still here.

Mike

Well.. Njoku hasn't done jack Sheet...

And our tight ends REALLY stunk it up blocking, too.  I heard it was really bad, and that was one of the main reasons we couldn't spring some better runs.

Awesome.  Can we bring back Cajuste already?  LOL

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

And our tight ends REALLY stunk it up blocking, too.  I heard it was really bad, and that was one of the main reasons we couldn't spring some better runs.

Cajuste? The journey man who needed lessons to know how to block? 

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Or maybe just go with some other Streat free agent that they think they can do better with.   Oh  Wait!   They did just that:   A Streater free agent.

Meh. Dude is 30 coming off a foot injury didn't even play last year and hasn't put up any good numbers since 2013.   Should have went with a young guy with speed. At least Coleman could take return duty's away and save the wear and tear on Calloway and Peppers come back at a massive discount and was here most of camp so he already knows the plays. 

31 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Meh. Dude is 30 coming off a foot injury didn't even play last year and hasn't put up any good numbers since 2013.   Should have went with a young guy with speed. At least Coleman could take return duty's away and save the wear and tear on Calloway and Peppers come back at a massive discount and was here most of camp so he already knows the plays. 

They traded the buggerer,  why would they want to bring him back.  They would rather go with  Ratley or Willies

39 minutes ago, Nero said:

Cajuste? The journey man who needed lessons to know how to block? 

Yep!  Can't do much worse, LOL.  And I've heard Seth Devalve is on our roster, but lord knows I haven't seen him.

1 hour ago, hx214 said:

Bring Coleman back at league min. and make him return punts and kick offs. 

Probably too worried about getting his shoes dirty

19 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

They traded the buggerer,  why would they want to bring him back.  They would rather go with  Ratley or Willies

For all the reasons stated above,  minus the 3.5 mil in cap space they saved trading Coleman's original contract away.

Streaker just seems like a complete waste with little to no upside. Might as well have signed an extra DLmen this week to rotate in. 

This may be the most over-analyized bottom-of-the-roster 6th-receiver acquisition of all time.

We've got three rookies in the receiver room. They wanted to add a vet. They heard he had a good camp in Buffalo. They signed him.

We've got our three starters. We've got our kick returners. They brought in a veteran receiver for that 53rd spot. Be at peace with it.. Namaste.

Zombo

3 minutes ago, Zombo said:

This may be the most over-analyized bottom-of-the-roster 6th-receiver acquisition of all time.

We've got three rookies in the receiver room. They wanted to add a vet. They heard he had a good camp in Buffalo. They signed him.

We've got our three starters. We've got our kick returners. They brought in a veteran receiver for that 53rd spot. Be at peace with it.. Namaste.

Zombo

Agree, a vet is more important plus a taller speedster opposite Callaway isn't a bad idea. Coleman may end up on the Patriots' practice squad I've heard.

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I thought this was the reason they brought in Fells and why he is seeing so many snaps...

43 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I thought this was the reason they brought in Fells and why he is seeing so many snaps...

I know.  Apparently he had a pretty rough day.  I can't remember the last good blocking TE we had.  

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

He is a tight end on the Browns who could probably catch the balls throw to him, in comparison to their starting TE who is getting worse and worse with his dropsies.

Forgive me CoCo;). Could we not have very simply moved Seth to PS? If he got claimed there? Opps!! were like Seattle, we did not know he would not pass a physical. We'd get him back, to move to IR anyhow, where he should be..As we saw in hard knocks,Hue now plays a part-time analytic nurse with player health charts to hold out of practice. Haley still can't seem to get any continuity to any of his offense or TT, even since Cory was traded from the 1's.:wacko:.Here's a guy on our PS that Haley properly found himself that I saw play at NCST. Sure he should be getting some practice reps? but with Seth, were not getting any reps/continuity with no-one..IR Seth or flip him to PS with this guy  https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Steelers-6-6-rookie-tight-end-enjoyed-big-day-when-called-upon-119695673/  again, I played TE. You have to be willing & coached well to block. This guy has been willing since Seth sat in a tub all camp..but of course, he could be no better than O.Charlse in Haley's mind too?     

3 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Mr. Coleman just joined the Patriots practice squad.

Go ahead and take some time to read the Coleman traded thread about how much of a mistake we made if you want a laugh.

Not a surprise. They want someone who knows about route running AND how to catch a football. PS is a good parking spot for both.

Archived